UFO Extender

Tycho

Playing latest version.

If I don't disable Recover Clips Fix, I don't to get any clips from ufo missions and most of my own clips for rifles and the rockets for the rocket launcher dissappear as well. (Tested first 3 missions)

hmm...I just tested this on my system and I don't see the problem: All ammo remains and any partial used clips' ammo is handled as it should be with the fix in place. What processor and OS are you playing under and are you using XcomUtil or any other mods?

Win 7 x64 bit

Ufo voices patch new version from this site. Only sample2/3.cat files used

X-com Combo patch v3.0 from this site

Your Extender mod from this site. Modified ini. file. See Below

XcomUtil v9.7 Components:

1. Use UFO Extender

2. Craft as Fighter Transports

3. Improved HWP

4. Improved Heavy laser

5. Psionics Screening

6. Combat Day Light only (Cheating I know!)

Tested Again. New Game first mission.

8 Rifles and 16 mags taken. 2 rifles shoot 3 auto shots. 2 rifles shoot 2 auto shots. 2 rifles shoot 1 auto shot. No mags left after misssion.

1 Heavy Cannon and 1 mag HE ammo taken. 1 shot fired. No HE mag after mission.

2 Missile Launchers, 2 Small Rockets and 4 large rockets taken. 1 large rocket fired. No rockets left after mission.

3 setoids killed with one of them shooting once. 3 plasma pistols and no mags gained after mission.

UFOExtender.ini.txt

Win 7 x64 bit

Ufo voices patch new version from this site. Only sample2/3.cat files used

X-com Combo patch v3.0 from this site

Your Extender mod from this site. Modified ini. file. See Below

XcomUtil v9.7 Components:

1. Use UFO Extender

2. Craft as Fighter Transports

3. Improved HWP

4. Improved Heavy laser

5. Psionics Screening

6. Combat Day Light only (Cheating I know!)

Tested Again. New Game first mission.

8 Rifles and 16 mags taken. 2 rifles shoot 3 auto shots. 2 rifles shoot 2 auto shots. 2 rifles shoot 1 auto shot. No mags left after misssion.

1 Heavy Cannon and 1 mag HE ammo taken. 1 shot fired. No HE mag after mission.

2 Missile Launchers, 2 Small Rockets and 4 large rockets taken. 1 large rocket fired. No rockets left after mission.

3 setoids killed with one of them shooting once. 3 plasma pistols and no mags gained after mission.

I suspect that there is an incompatibility between XcomUtil and Extender. I know that XcomUtil has its own way of recovering clips. Try running a new game with only the extender, load up the skyranger with all rifles, clips, and rockets that start at the base, and play to the start the first mission. have your guys fire a few rounds into the side of the skyranger and abort. Count your mags. This should tell us if its the the Extender or not.

I'm curious about the results since I can't replicate it and I'm sure Mercy would have mentioned it by now if he encountered it.

I suspect that there is an incompatibility between XcomUtil and Extender. I know that XcomUtil has its own way of recovering clips. Try running a new game with only the extender, load up the skyranger with all rifles, clips, and rockets that start at the base, and play to the start the first mission. have your guys fire a few rounds into the side of the skyranger and abort. Count your mags. This should tell us if its the the Extender or not.

I'm curious about the results since I can't replicate it and I'm sure Mercy would have mentioned it by now if he encountered it.

You are correct. Played as you asked and my ammo after the mission was as it should be. I also received mags for alien weapons as expected.

Sorry for the trouble Tycho. Hope this helps though.

You are correct. Played as you asked and my ammo after the mission was as it should be. I also received mags for alien weapons as expected.

Sorry for the trouble Tycho. Hope this helps though.

No problems. Glad to know I haven't overlooked anything else with that mod. I'll put a note on the ufopaedia page about the results.

I almost got my a** handed over to me by the aliens and the XCOM project closed. In desperation I built a new second minimal base - at exact opposite of Earth in complaining Russia - with a hangar and skyranger and ordered it to patrol. On April 30 it discovered an alien base. I had to wait until April 31 0700am for Skyranger 1 to refuel - it was patrolling like crazy too - then rushed my squad to the base, where I was badly pounded again. Thanks to save reload we finally beat the aliens and saved the XCOM project. Wheeew. This was close!

Skyrangers are cheaper than interceptors and running empty they are best for patrol since having a large fuel tank!

UFO Extender crashed about 2-3 times with exception errors, but upon reload I could continue. On Alien Base destroy there is the famous totally jumbled Wreck Analysis text. Otherwise the game is working nicely!

Sometimes game isn't showing dying units - camera is elsewhere - and units just scream, then at next turn I find them dead.

UFO Extender crashed about 2-3 times with exception errors, but upon reload I could continue. On Alien Base destroy there is the famous totally jumbled Wreck Analysis text. Otherwise the game is working nicely!

Sometimes game isn't showing dying units - camera is elsewhere - and units just scream, then at next turn I find them dead.

I don't know if you used the altered ENGLISH.DAT file that I released with version 1.27 or 1.28. If so, try restoring the original ENGLISH.DAT file and see if the wreck anaylsis works correclty. Seb made that code and I haven't touched it.

On dying units, do you mean when xcom units or alien units die? The game shouldn't focus on alien units that die/KO from indirect damage (like fire).

I don't know if you used the altered ENGLISH.DAT file that I released with version 1.27 or 1.28. If so, try restoring the original ENGLISH.DAT file and see if the wreck anaylsis works correclty. Seb made that code and I haven't touched it.

On dying units, do you mean when xcom units or alien units die? The game shouldn't focus on alien units that die/KO from indirect damage (like fire).

Will try original DAT file. On dying units, I meant my XCOM commandos of course! On ALIEN MOVEMENT there are activity shown elsewhere, then an explosion is heard - possibly alien grenade - then 2 or 3 of my soldiers death screams, then the game gives back control in the next turn and all I see is 3 dead soldiers.

Will try original DAT file. On dying units, I meant my XCOM commandos of course! On ALIEN MOVEMENT there are activity shown elsewhere, then an explosion is heard - possibly alien grenade - then 2 or 3 of my soldiers death screams, then the game gives back control in the next turn and all I see is 3 dead soldiers.

hmm..it sounds like the "Don'tShowExplosion" flag is on. This is normally only flagged at the start of a UFO crash mission when the UFO Power Supply explodes. Can you tell me more about what happened? What type of mission, where on the map did this occur? Do you play with any other mods?

hmm..it sounds like the "Don'tShowExplosion" flag is on. This is normally only flagged at the start of a UFO crash mission when the UFO Power Supply explodes. Can you tell me more about what happened? What type of mission, where on the map did this occur? Do you play with any other mods?

It was on a terror mission. I will have a save next time it happens, I'm currently on a terror mission so will watch out to create a good save with this.

Do you think a Quickload menu is possible? Bring up the Load Game screen when I press F9?

It was on a terror mission. I will have a save next time it happens, I'm currently on a terror mission so will watch out to create a good save with this.

Do you think a Quickload menu is possible? Bring up the Load Game screen when I press F9?

I tried briefly but there is more involved to this than just bringing up the load game screen: Geoscape and Battlescape are two seperate programs and the Load Game routine is in Geoscape. In order to load a new game, the current one must be terminated and the routines reinitialized to prepare for new game data. Simply jumping to the load game screen only corrupts the current battlescape. That is why there wasn't a load feature in the original and because the Gallops didn't have the time to do anything more with it. I've tinkered but still haven't got a good idea yet.

Tyco,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me. The last version of this mod I was able to alter the screen ration/window position to fit perfectly with optimum sharpness on my 1680x1050 16:10 monitor.

When I use the same ini configuration on this new version my game appears to be stretched fairly tall and I cannot get it to change.

Do you know a way around this or perhaps why I can't use my old screen ini settings?

Cheers

Tyco,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me. The last version of this mod I was able to alter the screen ration/window position to fit perfectly with optimum sharpness on my 1680x1050 16:10 monitor.

When I use the same ini configuration on this new version my game appears to be stretched fairly tall and I cannot get it to change.

Do you know a way around this or perhaps why I can't use my old screen ini settings?

Some adjustments were made to the layout of the video section. There are seperate listings for height and width and not the old 'D3D window= y x width height' format. If that doesn't help, post your video settings and I'll take a look.

Here are my old ini's video settings which no longer work on the new version but looked perfect on my screen prior

[Video]

Video Pitch=0

D3D=1

D3D Width=0

D3D Height=0

D3D Windowed=0

D3D Window Position=1983959135 -2 0 -14849339

Screen Ratio=0.833333

Always On Top=0

Clip Cursor=1

Scale Mouse=1

Max FPS=0

HQ4x=1

Linear Filter=2

Slow Geoscape Clock=0

Battlescape Delay=0

CPU Mask=0

High Priority=0

Force Language=1

Skip Intro=0

Is this what you were after when you say video settings? If you have any advice or information on how to get the same appearance with the new version I'd be all set!

Cheers

Here are my old ini's video settings which no longer work on the new version but looked perfect on my screen prior

[Video]

Video Pitch=0

D3D=1

D3D Width=0

D3D Height=0

D3D Windowed=0

D3D Window Position=1983959135 -2 0 -14849339

Screen Ratio=0.833333

Your using an old version of the INI. The settings for the width and height were given their own lines and differentiated between fullscreen and window. For example:

D3D Fullscreen Width=0

D3D Fullscreen Height=0

D3D Windowed=1

D3D Window Position=0 0

D3D Window Width=640

D3D Window Height=400

You might want to go to the UFO Extender wiki and check out the settings (the link is in my signature). I have redesigned it to make the entries match those in the INI so things are easier to find and hopefully understand.

Tycho, thank you for a great work, please don't stop! ))

I have a couple of questions about "new" heavy lasers.

I play with extender and xcomutil at same time. As the heavy laser was the least thought-out weapon, almost every modder tries to improve it.

There're 2 visions - xcomutil's author means it as very-accurate-powerful-one-shot sniper weapon, and your opinion (according to your modification) that it's a 1.5-times-more-powerful-than-laser rifle-with-more-firerate-but-significally-less-accurate-assault weapon.

I've tried to edit heavy laser properties by adding Heavy Laser Damage=XXX to .ini-file but it isn't working.

Can you add such an option to ini file instead of hardcoding it?

Much better if you add ALL heavy laser properties including new there, for xample

*HL Fullauto Accuracy=

*HL Fullauto Time Units=

*HL Burst Accuracy=

*HL Burst Time Units=

*HL Snap Accuracy=

*HL Snap Time Units=

Second question - is UFOpaedia article shows correct numbers in case of xcomutil&extender game? I've selected "Improved laser" option in xcomutil. UFOpaedia shows 110% accuracy and 120 damage - is it correct with you HL mod enabled?

I play with extender and xcomutil at same time. As the heavy laser was the least thought-out weapon, almost every modder tries to improve it.

There're 2 visions - xcomutil's author means it as very-accurate-powerful-one-shot sniper weapon, and your opinion (according to your modification) that it's a 1.5-times-more-powerful-than-laser rifle-with-more-firerate-but-significally-less-accurate-assault weapon.

I've tried to edit heavy laser properties by adding Heavy Laser Damage=XXX to .ini-file but it isn't working.

The idea for the Heavy Laser was originally one of Seb76's. I've only tinkered with it a little to make its accuracy follow the same rules as other weapons and add the cool-down peroid for the special fire modes rather than base it off the soldier's stamina.

As for the heavy laser damage: I've tested the above line and it does work. Are you adding the line to the [OBDATA] section of the INI?

Can you add such an option to ini file instead of hardcoding it?

Much better if you add ALL heavy laser properties including new there, for xample

*HL Fullauto Accuracy=

*HL Fullauto Time Units=

*HL Burst Accuracy=

*HL Burst Time Units=

*HL Snap Accuracy=

*HL Snap Time Units=

Second question - is UFOpaedia article shows correct numbers in case of xcomutil&extender game? I've selected "Improved laser" option in xcomutil. UFOpaedia shows 110% accuracy and 120 damage - is it correct with you HL mod enabled?

The snap fire features can be changed with the OBDATA feature of the INI. I'll look into making the accuray and TU's of the special fire mode manageable in the INI.

As to your second question. I have no idea about where compatibility issues with XcomUtil will arise. I can only assume that XcomUtil modifies the OBDATA.DAT file directly. In that case, any settings in Extender would override XcomUtil's, since Extender modifies the file image in memory after it has been loaded. The accuracy, TU cost, and damage that is seen in the in-game UFOpaedia are taken from the OBDATA image in memory. I hope this helps.

Are you adding the line to the [OBDATA] section of the INI?

Just checked, Apply=0 was set. My fault.

any settings in Extender would override XcomUtil's

This! Thank you! ))

I'll look into making the accuray and TU's of the special fire mode manageable in the INI.

Perfect!))) That's actually what I need.

The accuracy, TU cost, and damage that is seen in the in-game UFOpaedia are taken from the OBDATA image in memory.

I just wanted to know if UFOpaedia numbers are taken from actual "working" data, or from some different sources.

So yes, I understand that now)

Another xcomutil issue (((

When it's active (RunXcom.bat is used) - no new Heavy Laser firing modes!

Xcomutil was set up with "improved heavy laser" disabled.

I really need xcomutil because of alternate laser tech manufacturing, with Alien Alloys and Elerium needed for Heavy Laser construction. It makes game much more interesting for me (

Another xcomutil issue (((

When it's active (RunXcom.bat is used) - no new Heavy Laser firing modes!

Xcomutil was set up with "improved heavy laser" disabled.

I really need xcomutil because of alternate laser tech manufacturing, with Alien Alloys and Elerium needed for Heavy Laser construction. It makes game much more interesting for me (

I really can't help much with XcomUtil incompatibility issues. It's not my program and I don't know anything about its inner workings. Probably the problem is that XcomUtil splits the executable into a "Geoscape" and "Battlescape" executable. When a battle starts, XcomUtil has the game jump to the other program that equates to the battlescape.exe and jump back when combat finishes. You would need to contact Bladefirelight about this. I can give you a list of the offsets that the Heavy Laser mod uses to insert its hooks into the code so you can pass them on to Blade, if he needs them.

0x4251E7 0x425AF8 0x425E04 0x41FE39 0x41FFC4 0x41FFC8 0x41DA59 0x41D168+10 0x41D168+14 0x418D38

Edited by Tycho

1) have had the same vanishing soldier problem on one float terror mission in particular. 3 guys in 3 turns, corpses found, aliens nearby who presumably shot them out of camera angle.

2) Base Defense: when ship approaches, my base defense screen (where Plasma Defense et al. normally pop up and list their firing results) still pops up even though I have no base defense modules. This seems buggy, and is kinda annoying

3) my MAJOR issue: alien ships keep coming to kamikaze my base with no chance of defense on my part. I didn't shoot him down, so it seems unfair. Please tell me there's a way to disable this feature by INI or hex edit.

Thanks for a wonderful mod.