UFO Extender

Tycho

Nightkin

1. Does the Extender fix the difficulty bug? I see I have XCOMutil in my old game folder and I think I used it back then to fix the bug.

As far as i know, the difficulty bug is experienced only on the dos version of the game. It was corrected on the windows versions of the game. Because you don't post your game version, i don't know. You can check number of the enemies to find out if you experience the bug or not. The table with nr. of the enemies is posted on the ufopedia and more info and some tips how to find out about the bug you can check here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Known_Bugs#Difficulty_Bug

2. Can I install the latest version of the Extender by just copy-paste-overwrite with the new files over the old ones? or would you suggest to make a new fresh installation?

Yes this should be possible. I do it that way as well. If you want to keep the old settings in the ini, would be good idea to keep it and compare the two later on.

If this is not the correct procedure, correct me out.

3. What is the sense of the "Battlescape Delay"? A friend told me that it slows down the smoke and the jumping yellow marker over the soldiers down nicely but also produces a huge lag when moving the mouse and clicking buttons.

Have no idea. The description from extender wiki give me no clue at all. Will be interested to know as well. Someone can point us out.

4. A question about "alien screams" not really about the Extender. A friend told me that in earlier versions of UFO every alien had its own death scream. Can anyone confirm this? I can only remeber the same sound for any alien race.

That is correct. DOS version of the game has different sounds then CE or Gold Edition of the game. As far as i know, there is option for this in the XcomUtil so you can experience the old DOS sounds on the windows version as well. If you not set the sounds before, you also can run the Xcom Util setup anytime and set it again on your existing game. Use the file XCUsetup.bat for that.

Ufo Interception behavior solved.

For some reason, you have in your INI section called [bug Fix] with more than the default variables.

This section is also in the default ini supplied directly with Extender v1.31.4 but unlike your custom INI, the default Extender (v1.31.4) .INI shows only 4 lines of variables in the [bug Fix]. Namely: Tactical Scroll, Animations Speed, Intro Sounds, Music Change Freeze. Nothing more.

Next, there is section called [Mod] in the default Extender v1.31.4 .INI in which is line called: UFO Responds to Interception=0.

This line is the cause for the interception behavior. By the above discussion we know, that this line (plus probably many more) has no visible effect on the game even they probably should have (i guessing here though). Are they in the wrong section at all in the default Extender INI? Maybe.

Resolve:

As i handle with your and the default INI for several hours i find out, that when i copy the "UFO Responds to Interception=0" from the [Mod] section also to the [bug Fix] section, the interception behaviour bug is solved. That's the answer, why the interception behave correctly in your version of INI and not in the default Extender one, because you probably move the variable by hand someday as the line don't exist it the default Extender INI in the [bug Fix] part but only in the [Mod] section where is have no effect. So i move this single line in my custom INI and solve this.

Hmm, typo in the INI?

Well. Question is how serious trouble this "wrong" placement cause later on. Imagine that many other variables which is needed maybe have no effect only because they are in the wrong section of the ini by default. Otherwise i have no explanation, why moving this sigle line from one section to another completely solve this problem.

Sure i can be wrong!

Duplicate lines in your ini.

Be advised that in your ini inside the [bug Fix] you have many variables placed more than once (inside the same [bug Fix] section).

For instance "door jam" which i have no idea what it is for, you have enabled once (=1) and disabled (=0) few lines later inside same section.

May this cause confilct no?

Enabled by default disabled?

Im also very curious why you manually place some (enabled by default) variables to the [bug Fix] section, even when they are mentioned on the Extender wiki as "enabled by default" (what explain why they missing in the ini by default, because they are enabled). So when you place those variables manually to your INI but disable them manually (i.e. you have them =0, does not this also mean, that you disable them?) For istance: Pay For Dirt=0. Is this intentional you want pay for dirt? Or they are ignored? Please advise.

My founding may be all wrong as i have no deep knowledge of the ini but they solve my issue. Everything may be easier if the wiki contain full and complete info of what can be enabled and what not, and the sections will be described.

Lukas, thanks to your INI i can found this, which i was absolutelly unable to find out otherwise by any means.

Thanks!

Hi scf500,

don´t be scared of my extender INI file - it is total chaos - as I don´t exactly know what and where exactly the variables may be. So the variables are there for twice just for sure, as they sometimes have no effect as you described. So - it has no correct reason. I think the latest (more bellow) variable will have effect. So I think I have Pay For Dirt probably off smile.png But I am not sure of it - I will be glad if I konw all the variable options - but I don´t know them so I am trying them - updating some of them from previous extender and so long - maybe some of them - maybe also Pay For Dirt is yet inactive - but it don´t mind anything if it leaves there - so I leave it there..

When will Tycho explain me or just place here to the forum an INI file with the more preciese explanations of all variables (with their possible settings) I will erase my old one and set my variables to the new to be working well and this way erase all the mess I have yet on it.. smile.png

Lukas

3. What is the sense of the "Battlescape Delay"? A friend told me that it slows down the smoke and the jumping yellow marker over the soldiers down nicely but also produces a huge lag when moving the mouse and clicking buttons.

4. A question about "alien screams" not really about the Extender. A friend told me that in earlier versions of UFO every alien had its own death scream. Can anyone confirm this? I can only remeber the same sound for any alien race.

Hello Nightkin,

the Battlescape delay works great - it will slow down (fix) the animations off everything on battlescape. Also it slow downs the arrow moving above the selected soldier, smokes, animations of the UFO Power Source and the UFO walls and so long. It doesn´t slow dow the speed of the Hidden Movement for now as Tycho told me it is very complicated. There is also Geoscape Delay option which will slow dowm (fix) the Geoscape - the animations of the planet and time tick as it is normally too fast comparing to DOS version. It had problems with the arrow also for me, I have set Battlescape Delay=33 and Slow Geoscape Clock=0 - to me it seems to be OK now - so I don´t have the Geoscape slowed down by the extender. Maybe I have some modifications on my exe file also as it is possible to slow down the geoscape also this way but I don´t recommend you to do this.

The alien screams are different from the DOS version, but just the file, the screams sounds like in the DOS version 1.4 normally (I am not sure of this). And they all the time were different for different races from all the versions I remember. But they was different from DOS 1.0 and 1.2 or 1.4. Windows version contain the latest version sounds. It is possible to modify them also replacing the sound files (SAMPLE.CAT, SAMPLE2.CAT and SAMPLE3.CAT).

Lukas

Lukas,

here is the list of all patches enabled by default. Sorted out. Duplicity removed. List correspond with wiki.

They all are taken from your INI and updated with some which is missing there.

Commented mean ENABLED. Uncoment them - you disable the patch. Do not change the numbers.

As you can see, because the New interception behavior is enabled by default, i have to add the same line to the bugfix section to disable it.

;Radar Stacking=0

;Funky Fire=0

;Collectors Edition Blaster Bomb Bug=0

;Door Jam=0

;Personnel Overflow=0

;Hostile Civilians=0

;Crash On First Move=0

;Tactical Sounds Fix=0

;Craft Weapon UFOpaedia Fix=0

;UFOs Respond to Interception=0

;Pay For Dirt=0

;Phantom Radar=0

;Base Disjoint=0

;Base Facility Dismantle-Construction Crash=0

;Proximity Grenades=0

;Proximity Grenades Experience=0

;Transfered Crafts Refueled=0

;Elerium-fueled Craft Bug=0

;Displayed Base Maintenance Cost=0

;Unconscious Unit MC fix=0

;EOB fix=0

;Tank/Cannon Ammo Storage Fix=0

;Clip Weight Fix=0

;Large Unit MC Fix=0

;Large Unit Explosion Fix=0

;Alien Weapon Selection Crash Fix=0

;Alien Attacks Base Location Fix=0

;Weapon Loadout Fix=0

;Change Sectopod Laser Modifer=0

;Armor Modifier Fix=0

;Zombie Fix=0

;No Freebies for Tanks=0

;Recover Clips Fix=0

;Tank Death Penalty Fix=0

;Slow Death Screams on Alien Turn=0

;Bezerk Unit Crash Fix=0

;Explosion Fix=0

;Smoke&Fire Propagate Fix=0

;Terror Mission Score Fix=0

;Research Medic Crash Fix=0

;Base Retaliation Loop Fix=0

;Grenade Throw Test Fix=0

;Alien Base Exploit Fix=0

;Base Defense Prep=0

;BB Exploit Fix=0

;Staff Transfer Exploit Fix=0

;Alien Psi Attack Fix=0

Hello scf500,

thank you for the description. I still don´t exactly know what I have to do. The wiki contain good information but not all I need I think. What I need is the complete working set of all possible options of the latest extender in one INI file that will work with the latest extender exe. On every new beta it is changing something and I have total chaos now in it :) And also to me the Screen Ration don´t work, but it may need some fix as it may be a bug in the latest beta. I have 4:3 screen and I am using D3D (D3D=1) instead DDRAW which don´t work completely to me and the game will crash if I turn D3D off. The screen size I have 1920x1440 and if I set the Screen Ration to =0.83333 or 0.833333 as I have set before in previous version of the extender, now nothing will happen. Also there is no possibility to select the screen when I have two screens - it is not possible to move it to the second screen to on fullscreen.

Hmm for me is not problem to send you my INI which i sort out completely so it not contain any undesired duplicity to save your work.

Only thing you have to do is set your own =0 or =1 on the MODS as i don't know what you prefer and what not.

Regarding the screen i have no issue with that but i using some functions which is missing in your ini.

I'll wrote you PM and i think we can sort this out.

It's really hard to find out every issues as for instance, now i have another issue with Craft Equipment Screen where when i want to add something to the ship it don't change the left corner number which indicate the available space in the craft. It just show 0 all the time, no matter if i completely unload the ship or load it with guns. There is still the 80 item limit present and the loading and unloading works, i just lost any indication of the space available as it stop working.

Another issue i found is, that when i manufacture new product, laser cannon for instance or anything else, the info indication for the Day/Hrs left is replaced by simple word "working". When i run the game without extender, it return back to the previous original state and show the day/hours so this is issue related to extender. Still no idea what cause this.

Regarding your screen issue, i have some idea.

I just want to mention that it seems the Screen Ratio option is broken, nothing happens if I set it below 1 and I just get a black screen at 1 or above, someone mentioned the same issue a couple of posts back, apparently it's an issue with the latest version.

Also I'm getting a weird bug or something, I never get any ammo for alien weapons, I get no plasma clips or other alien ammo only alien grenades and guns. It's not caused by the UFO Extender or XcomUtil cause I checked running it newly installed without the mods, I'm using steam version but I also tried it with other version and same thing. I can see the plasma clips and other alien ammo from dead aliens through the soldier's inventory when I'm in a mission but when I finish it I only get the alien guns so I can't research it either cause it's never in my store. I found nothing about this on google, anyone know what may be causing this?

~~~

Edit:

I just tried running it with XcomUtil only and realized it is being caused by the UFO Extender. I have no idea what may be causing this. :\

~~~~

Edit 2:

Ok, it's not the UFO Extender, I tried running it with just the extender loader it works. I think it may be some conflict between the two or something. Even if I just choose to run with extender in XcomUtil setup bat without any other options and use the RunXcom.bat I get no alien ammo. It seems the extender has most of the features if not all of the XcomUtil's, I guess I'll just use the XcomUtil to fix the difficulty bug and use the extender loader. :]

The screen ratio option is broken for now due to an oversight on my part when incorporating Tarvis' additions to the video section.

Elfkaa: I won't release an INI but I will update the wiki to include a better description of some items and the possible option ranges for those settings which are not a simple on/off. My intent is that the wiki has the most up-to-date information on the Extender. If you find anything incorrect or unclear, please post a comment in the talk section there, if possible.

Nightkin: the battlescape delay allows the user to adjust the delay timer that is already built into the the battlescape code. This affects all things in the battlescape and is intended to fix the fast scrolling as well as animation issues. It sounds like your friend has the delay time too high and should have adjusted it to suite his preference. It can be set from zero to infinity but the higher you go the more lag you will experience. If memory serves me correctly, setting it too low will lock the geoscape, due to the way the code calculates the final delay time. Below 5 milliseconds is not good. (so in effect the range should be 5 to inifinity.) You can use the in-game options to fine tune the various animations.

scf500: The "working" part of the production times is part of the automatic production code to replace the wacky long string of numbers, caused from setting the amount-to-produce below zero.

The problem with the number in the equip craft screen not updating, seems to be a bug in the base CE code, as I checked with the base game and the numbers don't change there.Those numbers reflect space for tanks and soldiers. The number of items are not counted against the space and have just a maximum limit of 80.

Sorry from not being able to put out a fix for the aspect ratio right away. Really busy at the moment.

Edited by Tycho

Hello Tycho,

Thank you for reply about the equipment screen bugs. Regarding the working part, please advice, that the word "working" is there even when i produce normal quantity, not just the autosell or autostockpile. I have no such issue on previous 1.29 version.

So far, besides the other mentioned in v1.31.4 i register this problems:

Music:

Don't know if i do anything wrong but this works on previous versions before the BASS come in game. i Using MP3, everything working for me with MP3 even on MCI version but when i switch to this bass version of the Extender, the Geoscape music is looped at track one. It never pass the track one as in previous versions, where i'm able to play all 5 geoscape sounds e.g: Geoscape 01 thru Geoscape 04 and Geoscape.mp3 (the prolonged mix version).

Production:

Already described, if and when you have time, please check again, looks like in previous versions the word working is the issue only when you autoproduce but works fine with normal production. Now on v1.34.1 i see the word "working" no matter what production i choose e.g. normal, or autoproduce.

Panick:

Don't know why, but in comparsion of vanilla version i experiencing issues with panicking. When few of my soldiers get panicked in the vanilla version, they drop their weapons and start walking randomlesly. In the v1.34.1 they ten to stay in place and not move, making the game more easy.

Muton unconstious:

Don't know if this is CE issue, when alien drop unconsistious and then wake up again from, he don't pick his gun again. Really dont know if this is Extender related or not. I know that i disable the unconsistious wake up feature that the unconsistious will wake up automaticaly as in the vanilla game.

Storage quantity:

I set the storage quantity to 75 but when i check the base details, now it shows ridiculous space available, even when there is no so much stores, so i return the value e.g. disable the storage patch by commenting it to it's defaults, and the storage space shows the state, which should have in the previous state when i patch it to 75 space units.. To get more clue:

When i have the patch enabled, i have 6 storages and in the base default should read =450. Instead, it reads something like 675.

When i disable the patch and return it to it's defaults, the base now read =450 which is the correct state of the patch enabled, but it should read 300 as the patch is already disabled.

Enabled by default Help.

Please confirm that i have set this correct. Regarding the default bugfixes.

On the wiki, you state that some bugfixes are enabled by default, and they missing in the ini. I want to make sure, that when i don't have the default patches in the ini, they are still enabled i'ts that correct (For instance, PayForDirt bugfix).

If i do not want some of these bugfixes to be enabled, should i just add the lines to the INI in to the BugFIx section and set them =0 ?

If i want to enable them again, should i set a =1 to them, or is enough to just comment them as i predict, that they are enabled by deafault, so if they don't exist in the INI they are enabled. uspecting that commented state = the game dont see the commented values.

Just need to clear this out it will be much easier to understand that.

Will report more if i found it.

Thanks!

Hello Tycho,

thank you for your time to write here some words and explain some important things. I can imagine how much time you should have, All that "small" things make a person must work whole the day then! And at first - musi be the life, then the game smile.png I am glad that you don´t forget this nice game and still developing improvements and patches. I surely will wait nevermind how long smile.png Still be watching this pages. Thank you for your time!, for the great extender, and also for updating wiki pages of it as well. I am going to examine and try to understand all the impossible number of patches you already did until now.

Hi Tycho, awesome work with the mod!

I did notice one particular bug: I decided not to use the Rowell Mod, so I left it as

"apply=0"

Yet I was still getting the messages that a UFO had crashed on its own. When prompted, if I clicked on "center on crash, time=5sec", it would center the geoscape over my base. At first I thought this wasn't a problem, only a nuisance. This would happen several times a month (around 5 at least), and I would click "cancel" and go on my way.

But then something interesting happened: I started getting Base Defense Missions... one after another! After I successfully defended, another crash message would pop up, and sure enough I would soon get another Base Defense Mission. While it made for a practical influx of high priority alien captures (at a very early stage in the game, within the first 2 months), as well as a reasonable profit off of the weapons they dropped, it also made it very stressful and annoying. I was getting mind control attacks in my own base in the first month!!

Anyhow, in the older version of UFO Extender, the text strings were found immediately under the [Roswell] header. But in your updated version, the text strings are found further down, under the [Text] header. While this makes for a very well organized file, I believe they are the cause of the "false" crash reports, which leads the game to think that I'm the one shooting down the UFOs (not sure if that's how the game handles the Roswell mod or if it's a side effect of this particular bug).

Ultimately, I just commented out the lines with the text strings for the Roswell mod (as a further note, I am using the equipment screen text mod and the crash analysis mod, and I haven't meddled with either's text strings, just the Roswell mod's ones).

I hope you can find out if it's reproducible; if it's an inherent problem of the Roswell mod; and if there's a possible solution (because the it would make the game extremely difficult as the aliens will be raiding your bases constantly).

Hi Tycho, first of all, many thanks for your UfoExtender!!!

However, two bug reports occuring in version 1.31.4 (downloaded a week ago).

Minor one: Craft ready messages display Tile- and Info-strings of the Roswell mod (Craft ready messages=1, Roswell mod=0). Of course, fixable by myself.

Second one: I'm not able to get a single base defence mission done. Sooner or later application crashes with one of two errors during alien or (less frequent) xcom turns:

* crashed at 0x4032C9 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x0000000A

* crashed at 0x40330C with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x0000000A

So far only observed on base defence missions, tried various times both from saved and new games. Also tried to turn on/off base defence mission related bug fixes, but to no avail. Occures e.g. on new games with nothing done except building a large radar and shooting down some ufos to trigger attack, UfoExtender.ini unchanged expect enableing full screen and adding the Hack that prevents game over when score is bad. Hope you have an idea...

Thanks and Regards,

Martin

Hi Tycho, first of all, many thanks for your UfoExtender!!!

However, two bug reports occuring in version 1.31.4 (downloaded a week ago).

Minor one: Craft ready messages display Tile- and Info-strings of the Roswell mod (Craft ready messages=1, Roswell mod=0). Of course, fixable by myself.

Second one: I'm not able to get a single base defence mission done. Sooner or later application crashes with one of two errors during alien or (less frequent) xcom turns:

* crashed at 0x4032C9 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x0000000A

* crashed at 0x40330C with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x0000000A

So far only observed on base defence missions, tried various times both from saved and new games. Also tried to turn on/off base defence mission related bug fixes, but to no avail. Occures e.g. on new games with nothing done except building a large radar and shooting down some ufos to trigger attack, UfoExtender.ini unchanged expect enableing full screen and adding the Hack that prevents game over when score is bad. Hope you have an idea...

Thanks and Regards,

Martin

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to check into the strings problems. The two errors that you are getting are related to aliens attacking base locations. You should not get those errors if you haven't disable the fix in the INI. The program should not be accessing those memory addresses since the fix replaces that entire section of code.

Hi again Tycho, everybody,

adding to my last post about getting memory access errors during base defence missions i tried the following, but again to no avail:

* Playing with original UfoExtender.ini,

* playing with setting in the Bug Fix section: Alien Attacks Base Location Fix=0 as well as

Alien Attacks Base Location Fix=1(sorry for that one, but you never know)

I checked on these save games UfoSavegames.zip the following: Game chrashes with same errors on windows without UfoExtender, too, but works in DosBox. As i can hardly miss this bug under windows, i wonder if perhaps my gamefiles are somewhat corrupt or not fully compatible with UfoExtender (a european gold edition, playing with windows 7). Could please anyone check these same games and report back?

Intel.: In 2nd save game, game crushes every time just after hitting the end turn button. 1st save game is the same mission, but saved right at start, 3rd save game is from a completly different installation but chrashes sooner or later as well (no need to do anything else than ending turns). Be aware, i also included an UfoExtender.ini

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi, I found out a thread on OpenXcom reagrding a "mysterious" mod from UFOExt.

The OP states that "was using a modification of Skyranger without knowing it was not part of OpenXCom mod but coming from UFO Extender mod"...

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1145.0

I really cn't find such a mod in it, can't anyone shed some light on it? Or I'm missing soemthing?

Heh, interesting - but I think it is a fake, I do not found any hidden mod like this in the extender itself, and more - this extender is long time under development of Tycho, it is not by seb76 yet, but it is all the work of Tycho who continues with improvements. There is many other mods on the internet. If you will search you will find many other mod like this, golden ufos and so long.. To me it is not yet interesting and I don´t like them, maybe someone can be interested in this kind of mods.. I prefer the raw game - with bug fixes and improvements that were missing in original game which Tycho do - this mod seems to me more modded then necessary.. OpenXCom - it was good project, but I am not interested in it now as it is not the original game - it only seems like it is and uses the original graphics, but the code is completely different and don´t work like the original code which is more complicated and sophisticated then OpenXCom and it is a big pity that is not based on the original code - but it is understandable for it´s complexity.

Hey, Tycho,

Thanks for all the work, but I have a strange problem:

I was playing on the latest version, but with a .ini that came from the download instructions of UFOpeadia.org; with commentary with links to UFOpeadia.org in it. Strange thing was, the TFTD doors wouldn't work, or at least I thought it didn't work. Not sure; but I alwasy thought you could open doors in TFTD and the extender next to the door; maybe you have to actually stand right in front of it? Anyway, I redownloaded the extender, and all the files were the same, same dates, except the .ini. Well, what the heck, I figured; overwrite the .ini, try it from scratch.

Start it again; when I click load game, Xcom crashes straight to windows, didn't even see any error message. After that; it didn't even get that far anymore; now it crashes right after the intro. I don't see any error message, just back to the desktop.

I have no clue why this is happening, no clue what setting could cause this; here's my .ini

Please, help.

UFOExtender.txt

Hey, Tycho,

Thanks for all the work, but I have a strange problem:

I was playing on the latest version, but with a .ini that came from the download instructions of UFOpeadia.org; with commentary with links to UFOpeadia.org in it. Strange thing was, the TFTD doors wouldn't work, or at least I thought it didn't work. Not sure; but I alwasy thought you could open doors in TFTD and the extender next to the door; maybe you have to actually stand right in front of it? Anyway, I redownloaded the extender, and all the files were the same, same dates, except the .ini. Well, what the heck, I figured; overwrite the .ini, try it from scratch.

Start it again; when I click load game, Xcom crashes straight to windows, didn't even see any error message. After that; it didn't even get that far anymore; now it crashes right after the intro. I don't see any error message, just back to the desktop.

I have no clue why this is happening, no clue what setting could cause this; here's my .ini

Please, help.

Your issues is a result of a problem with the aspect ratio of the Extender. Anything over a value of 1 will cause a black screen. Changes to the aspect ratio code were meant to allow users to specify the ratio they wanted in easy to understand terms (such as "4:3") but some variables are not set correctly. I am working on a fix. For now, leave the aspect ratio blank to default to 16:10.

Changing aspect ratio back to 0 has no effect, commenting out the line entirely had no effect. Removing the fullscreen width and height had no effect.

What OS are you running? One thing to try would be to open but the INI_readme.txt file and copy all the bug fix lines under the [bug fix] section of the INI, and try running the game to see if something there is causing your problem. You might go as far as backing up your INI then copying all the bug fix lines and then disable all but the video options just to see if this works. This is a very unusual problem. Does the game run if you use the UFO Extender_patched.exe?

Windows 7 64-bit. I don't have a UFOExtender_patched.exe, only a UFOLoader.exe.

I can't imagine anything that isn't in there being a problem; as it worked fine before. The TFTDExtender also works fine. But I'll try it out later.

Tried no .ini; game crashed just as the screen after the intro was complete; as opposed to but a tiny scare. Tried video only, tried video and bug fixes only; no difference. Windowed or fullscreen makes no difference.

PS: before anyone asks; just starting vanilla xcom without the loader the game starts fine, even if the mouse cursor color and button colors in geoscape are a little messed up.

Windows 7 64-bit. I don't have a UFOExtender_patched.exe, only a UFOLoader.exe.

I can't imagine anything that isn't in there being a problem; as it worked fine before. The TFTDExtender also works fine. But I'll try it out later.

Tried no .ini; game crashed just as the screen after the intro was complete; as opposed to but a tiny scare. Tried video only, tried video and bug fixes only; no difference. Windowed or fullscreen makes no difference.

PS: before anyone asks; just starting vanilla xcom without the loader the game starts fine, even if the mouse cursor color and button colors in geoscape are a little messed up.

Try an INI with no video options set. Can you PM a copy of your exe. I'd like to compare it to mine.

Trying an .ini without video options did not help either.

And I didn't see an attach file option in the PM composer, so attaching it right her then, just changed extension.

Sorry, I wasn't specific: I'd like to look at your UFO_Defense.exe file not the Extender's exe. In the meantime, another idea is try version 1.30 and see if that is working or not.