Better enemies. Now less dumb, less surprised and more prepared.
Races. Mercenaries (including women) from other countries have joined the Hammer.
Better cutscenes. NPC look a bit more alive.
Enemies may surrender. Dominate enemies and see them dropping their weapons.
Daylight. Now it is harder to hide.
And much more.
Full description: Link
Better looking scenes
Music and sound
- Added new types of enemies
- Strong enemies are better prepared now, not just placed in the field to be murdered and destroyed by your squad
- Hammer is yet again a dangerous and powerful organization. Make no mistakes. These guys are no match for rookies and will punish your every wrong move
- Now every Hammer has a ranking, class, perks. High Tier enemies have better experience and unlikely to surrender even if they are outmatched. Some will never surrender
- Every Hammer wears a uniforms which means something. Vanilla Elite Soldier (green camouflage mantle with a gasmask) was nowhere different from a generic masked soldier from the first missions. No he will kick your ass if you meet him early
- Some zones/missions now have bosses/mini bosses. They may grant you nice weapons, items for sale or some experience. Fighting them is usually optional
- Higher difficulties will force all enemies to hide, stay hidden and ambush you
- More variety for enemies: races, gender, uniforms
- Enemies use grenades more often
- In some cases enemies may be well prepared for PK's in your squad.
- Some enemies may be unique to specific zones/regions
Zones, events and game logic
- Vanilla RE improved/changed/modified, new RE added ( almost all using restored maps from Silent Storm RE, plus some unused Vanilla RE and some of mine)
- Every RE is ruled and modified by His Highness the Script. Enemies may have perks and classes as well as special abilities, goals, missions
- Almost every RE is random not just about enemies and their weapons, but about combat situations, types of enemies, rewards, allies etc. E.g. German Small Electro Station Encounter has more than 3 variants
- Almost every RE has enemies with random levels, abilities and skills. There is no auto-leveling, so some RE may be too tough for a beginner
- Added neutral encounters (no enemies, still may have loot or some items)
- German Bank encounter moved to Poland. Replaced with The Mausoleum encounter
Total random encounters:
- Egypt: 2 Random Encounters, 2 Special Encounters
- England: 4 Random Encounters, 1 Special Encounter
- Germany: 9 Random Encounters, 1 Special Encounter
- Poland: 4 Random Encounters, 1 Special Encounter
- Switzerland: 3 Random Encounters, 1 Special Encounter
- USSR: 7 Random Encounters, 1 Special Encounter
Missions and Story
- All missions and encounters were either reworked or rebalanced. Playing is challenging. Beating the game feels different and rewarding
- Third mission (Saving a sentinel) was rebuilt from scratch
- Added a new mission for Block 4 ("The Factory"). Now 4 missions like in previous blocks
- To complete Block 4 you will have to complete 3 of 4 missions like in previous blocks
- Fixed some mission bugs and inconsistencies
- New endings (vanilla endings made no sense or were unfinished)
- Added final boss battle for solo main character. Like it was in Silent Storm
- Mod is not recommended for casual gamers. If you do not like hardcore tactics/strategies, please ignore this mod.
- There will be many deaths. Enemies may die. Your mercenaries may die. Your character may die. A lot. It is normal
- All levels of difficulty made harder and renamed to their Silent Storm counterparts.
- High (Vanilla Impossible) is designed to resemble an Iron Man mode and therefore recommended for better experience. This difficulty does not include "on mission" save option, so if you do wish to have an ability to save on mission I would recommend to choose this High difficulty and tweak the mode via custom difficulty menu (just turn on save option there, press Next and you will be good).
General Mechanics and fixes
- Added an ability to surrender (AI). If enemies feel outmatched some of them may surrender to you. Keeping these captives alive will grant you money. Not enabled for every zone/encounter.
- Daylight will greatly reduce enemy hide skill and will improve spot. This will make you and your enemy less likely to stay hidden during daylight.
- Max squad size is now 6 for all recruitable characters. Excluding story characters.
- Rebalanced all mercenaries: weapons, items, hire cost.
- Increased/changed some AP costs.
- Perks "Better evasion" and "Find cover" were removed. Replaced with other effective (and not bugged) perks.
- Non-automatic pistols buffed (~20% more damage).
- Base VP for every character was reduced by 40 points. No more tanking snipers. Early game is more interesting.
- Dropping an oiler no longer crashes the game.
- Rebalanced all repair items. Now high tier items are better and efficient.
- Weapons: rebalanced some clip sizes and available shoot modes and made them more like real prototypes.
- PK repair items require PK repair perk again (like in Silent Storm)
- Some tweaks and improvements for Sentinels base.
- ABMS and Shade are now treated like hirable NPCs and can be fired/rehired on base after you found them. To fire these characters, move them to specific places (you will know who and where) when on base and confirm your decision to fire. Talk to hire them again.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Other minor fixes.
- Increased hire cost for all mercs. Do not worry, you will have the money to pay for their services.
- PK repair on base costs money.
- Selling items gives more money (~ +10%).
- Repairing weapons on base costs more money (~ +100%)
- Added nice items and weapons to different zones and locations.
- High risk - high reward. It works in most situations.
Some screenshots from website: Link