Other gaming news

• 2 weeks later...

Ending their destruction? Starting it perhaps...

He says EA and others need both to push more aggressively beyond traditional audiences to court "casual" consumers and to experiment more with new sales approaches -- outside the norm of selling $50 to $60 discs with 40-hour games that he says few players ever finish.

"We're boring people to death and making games that are harder and harder to play," Mr. Riccitiello said in an interview.

This seems like EA's Mario Bross approach to me! They must have already started the development of Moorhoon 3D! :) Really, casual is bad when you like strategy (or any in-depth) games.

making games that are harder and harder to play,"

What strange Orwellian doublespeak is this? I've had a bash on some EA games recently and I haven't had my hand held so much since I was three years old. And it's not just EA, either. Ubisoft are going the same way.

i'd imagine they mean making games a lot more noob friendly, especially for multiplayer if the game allows it. I mean if you look at any online game EA makes, you need just glance at the list of nerfs they put in as the patches go by, and you can see what i mean...

How many different lightsabers are there!? :) in almost each game they introduce a brand new lightsaber.

Anyhow, the images look nice, I wonder what the game will actually be like, I pretty much enjoy most of the Star Wars games, and I'm still waiting for a Jedi Academy sequel :)

• 4 weeks later...
Glad to hear Bioshock is excellent, can't wait to play it! In five years...

Hardware is a slight concern alright...

As for the latter, I wonder how many EA will absorb before they pollute the industry with more good games?

Well, EA is being very popular at EvilAvatar.com today. Wikipedia.org editing and buggy games is amongst the compliments. Hopefully people will start seeing what that beast of a publisher is doing to the gaming industry. Indie games are slowly getting more attention, and I've seen quite a few developers (and even publishers) talking about innovation lately. I think Nintendo deserves quite a bit of credit for that...