Other gaming news

Well, in the Sand of Time, the architecture was beautiful. Decadent, majestic, purely Arabic (even Islamic) in feel, all gold and azure, shining and bright. The contrasting dusty orange-yellow of the sand and the crystalline blue of the water was nothing less than gorgeous. The soundtrack, while admittedly not to everyone's taste, fit the game perfectly. What also added to the game was a mature, sensible attitude towards women, with Princess Farah helping out and showing herself to be intelligent, independent and a helping hand in combat, a far cry from most games.

Verdict? A truly dreamlike game.

Warrior Within, on the other hand. The architecture was dark, desolate and Western. Rubble-strewn corridors and pure Gothic bleakness. The soundtrack did fit the game, yes, but did it have to be nu-metal? I have had my fill of screaming underpowered guitar chords, seeing as they are now inescapable in today's media. The scars, the stubble and the silly S&M costumes added nothing to the game. And the wonderful "You BITCH" moment destroyed all empathy I had felt with the Prince. No one has that sort of attitude to women except hateful misogynist bastards, though there are a few about.

Verdict? Trying. Too. Hard.

Well, in the Sand of Time, the architecture was beautiful.  Decadent, majestic, purely Arabic (even Islamic) in feel, all gold and azure, shining and bright.  The contrasting dusty orange-yellow of the sand and the crystalline blue of the water was nothing less than gorgeous.  The soundtrack, while admittedly not to everyone's taste, fit the game perfectly.  What also added to the game was a mature, sensible attitude towards women, with Princess Farah helping out and showing herself to be intelligent, independent and a helping hand in combat, a far cry from most games.

Verdict?  A truly dreamlike game.

Warrior Within, on the other hand.  The architecture was dark, desolate and Western.  Rubble-strewn corridors and pure Gothic bleakness.  The soundtrack did fit the game, yes, but did it have to be nu-metal?  I have had my fill of screaming underpowered guitar chords, seeing as they are now inescapable in today's media.  The scars, the stubble and the silly S&M costumes added nothing to the game. 

I kinda liked that pseudo metal music when starting some combats, I was pleasantly surprised :P

And the wonderful "You BITCH" moment destroyed all empathy I had felt with the Prince.  No one has that sort of attitude to women except hateful misogynist bastards, though there are a few about.

Verdict?  Trying.  Too.  Hard.

Well, she is a bitch :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Yeah, I just read it. Good stuff (except the screens being placed off site...), so I think I'll post it at the front page. We recently discussed what sort of news we wanted to post here, and decided that anything strategy is fine. Though we still focus on our core games, most people that come here are interested in the strategy genre in general.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding Dreamfall: I've heard some rumors about the availability of the game in Europe, namely that it will be launched only after the US version. Ironical, isn't it ?

::

Rumor or not, the fact is that, at this time, I can't yet find a trace of the game at Amazon.co.uk... :lovetammy:

• 2 weeks later...