Other gaming news

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An article about a turn-based online collectible-card-style game caught my eye at GameSpy. You can try the interactive tutorial and play for free with some limitations at the game's official site.

::

It's interesting to see how easily references to real TB classics turn up just about everywhere...

"PoxNora's game mechanics are reminiscent of those used in popular turn-based strategy combat games like Fallout and X-Com."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's high time they remade X-Wing and Tie Fighter as well with up to date graphics.

I loved these games but I don't think I'd play them again. The missions are completely scripted and you don't influence the story at all. In some missions you had to wait for exactly right moment before firing the topedoes in the shuttle's behind etc..

My biggest (SW) wish is a single player SW:Galaxies game. Something along the lines of Bethesda's Oblivion set in SW universe. A crossbreed of Knights of the old Republic and Jedi Knight with the addition of space flight I guess. Ehm, we need a :drool: smiley. :D

Nice. The reactive physics with Indy on the bridge isn't new, they showcased it as part of the next Indiana Jones trailer last year, so we've already known about that since then. Looks kinda like enhanced HAVOK. But the material physics, now that's impressive. Very very impressive.

But somebody has something against R2D2 replicas :D