Other gaming news

'Weird Worlds' is an apt title for a game of, well... discovery. Hurl yourself into space with your ship and who knows what might happen.

There's basically no number crunching involved and anything you need to know about any planet, ship, artifact, event, mercenary, whatever is quickly conveyed visually by a textual description and some art. What little there is to learn will be promptly dispensed by the built-in tutorial.

Even if you spend only a small amount of time with it I think it's fair to say you'll come away with some fun stuff to share with others. Here's a brief list of memorable things that happened during my time with the demo:

You've surely taken your sweet time happening by this thread, SV. :P

::

"It definitely seems something I SHOULD try out..."

Let me put it this way, then: I'll keel-haul you throughout the wacky voids of Weird Worlds' fathomless space pits if you're not playing the demo already. :oh: (harr! *cough*)

Now get cracking! :)

p.s.: did I mention this game snuggly meets you system's specs :)

I have a preview to write before I can afford the luxury of trying this out... https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/crying.gif

I've noticed the thread (and checked the specs) on the day the news was posted but decided I shouldn't even think about it for a while. Now I just couldn't hold back any more. I deserve a good https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/smackbutt.gif, I know.

• 2 weeks later...
What "first one" do you mean? Is this "Alien" game referring to the aliens from "Alien vs Predator"?

Well, it seems as though this new game will only feature xenomorphs and humans since it's supposed to be set in Aliens (movie) universe. No predators there... Definitely something to be excited about (for more than a year :oh: ) although I'd like to see a new AvP even more.

Well, it seems as though this new game will only feature xenomorphs and humans since it's supposed to be set in Aliens (movie) universe. No predators there... Definitely something to be excited about (for more than a year :oh: ) although I'd like to see a new AvP even more.

I asked if he was talking about the aliens from AvP :P not if there were Predators.

Indeed, any Aliens game is a game to be excited about, I'm not that interested in the Predators, mind you, so I don't really care if they release any further AvP games. AvP2 (the game) was one of the best FPS I ever played, but only because of the Aliens (what else? the Predators showed up only once or twice in the entire game and they are not what I'd call an interesting encounter), I can't wait to see what they can come up with :)