The Movie Thread

Slaughter

This one? Haven't seen it, but I DO love animation :)

Speaking of animation, I'm looking forwards to Free Jimmy! :)

Plot Outline: Four men employed by a Russian circus attempt to liberate Jimmy, a drug-addicted elephant, from his misery...

I've seen some of their previous animations (To Trøtte Typer), and they are great! This one will also have an English version, and FullAuto might be interested to know that Shaun of the Dead is doing the English screenplay. A Norwegian paper (with 7 pictures here) wrote that Woody Harrelson and other well known Hollywood actors will do the English voices.

- Jeg prøvde å forklare hva vi holdt på med til et par folk i Pixar, men de kunne ikke begripe at det gikk an å lage film av dette, ler Morten Moen, Visual Effects Supervisor i Storm Studio.

From the article. "I tried to explain what we were doing to some guys in Pixar, but they couldn't understand how anyone could make a movie out of this laughs Morten Moen, Visual Effects Supervisor in Storm Studio." :mad:

yay animation!

going to see bat man forever tonight! they finaly got round to showing it in teh local cinema, its cold but its got happy memeories! :)

saw a flim there recently that i WASNT lookign forward to-it was a last min thing. it was about ....i cnt remember but it was REALLY long, and a bit crappy. BUT the important thing was who i went to see it wiht, it made it fun. i think this has tobe considered when lookign at movies we look forward to-the whole thing, not just the film comes into play :)

no our cinema really is that out dated!!! lol well nearly...

yep batman begings was a truely excellent film! the cast were FAB! my only grumble woudl be katie holmes....she might as well have stayed in dawsons creek for the difference in character we saw! batman through to the pretty boy at the asylum were all amazingly well cast, but she really let the side down. im sure there must be someone out there who would have done a better job of that role :) ...but i shant let this spoli it-it was a truely amazing movie :)

Yes, that little travesty has been mentioned before in this thread. Game to film conversions are almost as popular as comic to film adaptions. There's Silent Hill, Dead or Alive, Resident Evil 3 & 4, Driver, BloodRayne...tragic.

Sorry, I browsed the topic but missed it. :)

So. Game to film usually suck. Hmm, ANY good one? Decent? (I haven't seen Resident Evil. I haven't played it! I got N:o 2 on a Viscious Collection, time to install?)

The films are...well, I hate the first one, it's stupid. But Res 2: Apocalypse is in the so-stupid-it's-fun category. And it's not based much on the games, anyway.

Any good game-to-film transformations? I can't think of any, to be honest. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was good, but it's not actually based on any FF game. The Tomb Raider films were dire. Mortal Kombat was worse. Streetfighter 2 is a nadir of film-making. Super Mario Bros. was cack. Wing Commander was laughable. House of the Dead was retarded. The list goes on...

Hm... just read that Steven Spilberg is going to direct Transformers...

I think he's only producing actually. Michael Bay is going to direct. And I use the term loosely.

Yes, that little travesty has been mentioned before in this thread. Game to film conversions are almost as popular as comic to film adaptions. There's Silent Hill, Dead or Alive, Resident Evil 3 & 4, Driver, BloodRayne...tragic.

The original film 'Driver' is a fantasticaly slick 70's crime film, featuring plot twists, double crosses, and some amazing driving scenes!

Theres a F**king hilarious scene where these two gangster types want to test the driver to see if hes as good as everyone says, so to prove it he carefully screws up EVERY panel and feature on the car, 1 by 1, with precision accuracy! it's so funny!

My hopes are not high for a game adaptation!

Rumours of Dawn of the Dead 2 abound. Not a remake of Day of the Dead, rather a straight sequel to the Dawn remake.

Also, I know it's not a new film or anything, but the Heat 2-disc DVD set has me drooling. I love that film!

Also look out for The Woodsman, starring Kevin Bacon, a film about a paedophile returning to his hometown after twelve years in prison, and The Machinist (atrociously described by Loaded magazine as 'Fight Club meets Memento' which is the worst so-called description I've ever heard) starring Christian Bale as a man haunted by unreality. Both look brilliant.