The Movie Thread

Slaughter

Yep, but remember, the queens are supposed to be very bright.  I imagine she could get an alien drone or two to carry some eggs up there.

I don't know, I'm just guessing, seeing as I haven't seen the extended version of Alien 3.  I would think that explains more.

Sorry for the late reply, missed the thread :)

I got the extended version, doesn't change much, except that the Alien comes from an ox instead of a dog in it.

I, being an Aliens fan myself, have tried to think of any plausible explanation for Alien 3; there isn't, there is no way the eggs could've gotten there. If there had been drones on board, they'd have attacked Ripley along with the Queen. The Queen couldn't have dropped them on the Dropships, since the images in Alien3 show the eggs being near the cryogenic part of the ship. You can see the Queen pretty much clear when she comes out of the elevator before she boards the dropships, being a skinny monster you can see very clear that she's not carrying anything with her, and even if she could hide them (thing I consider she can't), as smart as it could be, the thing couldn't have known the Humans were going to board a ship which would take them to another ship in which they'd freeze in stasis for a voyage home and the egg could get one of them, she was simply trying to kill them. They tried to desperately insert an Alien creature in the movie and failed to create a plausible argument for it. Alien 4 was not that bad, but the fact that it was a sequel to a movie that made no sense, ruined it, also... since when do Aliens spit acid!??? that was silly too. One of the things that annoyed me too in both movies is that they took away the Aliens' screech! that was classic! you heard the screech and knew it was an alien, in 3 there was a strange noise and in 4 it was like a lion growling rather than an Alien, lame. :)

I think the current idea is an 'emergency' egg laid by the queen, containing either two or more facehuggers (one of which contained a special 'Queen' embryo), as laying more than one egg between getting on the Sulaco and attacking Ripley, Bishop et al is stretching an already-thin plotline. We don't know for a fact that the Queen can't lay eggs without her egg sac, do we?

I don't see any reason why the Queen couldn't have done this, or even had an accompanying drone with her who carried the egg deeper into the Sulaco. The Queen managed to get up onto the Sulaco, I see no reason why other aliens couldn't.

No, I don't find it particularly plausible, either, but it is possible.

There's quite a lot left vague about the Aliens, which makes them all the more terrifying.

i remember Gieger(the guy who made the aliens) saying that in an emergency(like if theres no queen) a drone can turn the tip of its tail into an egg or two(its somthing they never got the chance to show in the movies yet) so if the drone can do that theres no telling what the queen can do in an emergency

oh and theres a website for the transformers movie (www.transformerslive.com)

Afaik Geiger only did the art and drawings that the Alien design are based upon.

(Hmm, guess he should know then)

@FullAuto:

Pretty much everything he does is damn good, though.
OK. That's not my opinion though. (Godess) That's why I hesitate to buy sometimes. :)

Never read his Goddess stuff. I've read pretty much everything he did for 2000AD, Hitman, Preacher, Punisher, The Authority, Hellblazer and The Darkness plus all the one-shots and miniseries and graphic novels (well, most of them) and his stuff has been more consistent than any other comics writer I can name.

I think he has the odd difficulty writing for characters that he hasn't created, but AFAIK Dicks is top notch. I've talked to a few friends, they liked it. One isn't a particular Ennis fan but refused to sell me the comic. The only reason I haven't bought it is lack of funds.

OK. You've convinced me. :)

I'll pick up a copy of Dicks when I stumble over it.

Hmm. Authority. Isn't that Warren Ellis stuff or have Ennis been there too? (I've got the 2 first volumes.)

Edit: I've found about it on an 'net book-store. :)

Edit 2: Just found this! Your nick? :)

My 'could be good, but you can't sue me if they're not' list:

X-Men 3 - if they maintain the standard, it'll be a very fun, consistent trilogy. However, Singer is no longer directing...

All The Invisible Children - seven tales from seven areas of the world, from directors such as Ridley Scott and John Woo. Not a box office smasher, but could be excellent.

Battle Angel - Cameron film, based on the anime. If it stays close to the source material, could be damn good.

Beowulf - based on the classic epic poem, fingers crossed they don't trivialise it.

Cars - from Pixar, who usually do top quality animated films

The Passion of the Clerks - Kevin Smith returns to the Askewniverse, hopefully he's back on form.

Deja Vu - Time travel flick, FBI agent falls in love with a woman who is about to be killed.

Evil Dead 4 - need I say more?

Hellboy 2 - first one was good, I hope this one's better.

IRA Zombies - Yes, you heard me. No, I didn't make it up.

Night Watch - The ongoing struggle of good vs evil recurs in Russia.

V for Vendetta - based on the classic Moore comic. Terrorist fights totalitarian society and rescues a girl from the secret police.

Watchmen - another Moore comic adaption. Superheroes with a difference.

Last I heard Beofwulf was renamed Beowulf and Grendel. That is a SHITE title and I hope I'm mustaken!

There's two films coming out, both based on the poem. Beowulf, and Beowulf and Grendel.

Hang on, Slaughter. So is that a trailer for ANOTHER film, or just the Night Watch film I already mentioned?

Hang on, Slaughter.  So is that a trailer for ANOTHER film, or just the Night Watch film I already mentioned?

That is the trailer for the game based on the first Night Watch film. The film has been out in Russia for a while, and is coming in the US/UK soon.

As for the game, it is not a direct adaption of the storyline in the film. It's being built on the Silent Storm engine.

By the way, since you watch a good deal of foreign movies FullAuto, there are a few Norwegian ones you should see if you haven't. Elling should be available with English subs, and is being remade by Hollywood. Flåklypa Grand Prix should be released with English subs this autumn, and it will BLOW YOUR MIND! It is without doubt the best Norwegian animation movie ever made! :)