The Movie Thread

Slaughter

If you like insanely complex plots and dialogue with five cliches a sentence (in as good way) then 100 Bullets is your sort of thing.

TWD is about survival in a world gone zombified, and the characters have to look for food and supplies constantly etc, its more about surviving than killing them. Like when a zombie film finishes and you think "Well, what happens next?" and you imagine the survivors going off and foraging and building a home somewhere.

Quite cool.

I'm damn glad to hear LoTD is good, I can't wait to see that. I was gutted when Romero left the Resident Evil project, I've been waiting for another zombie film from him since I was knee high.

TWD sounds good so dose 100 bullets mmmm ill look out for them

i know resident evil would have been much better if it had romero making it(resident evil) it was okay with anderson have you seen the second one i thought it was crap he's actually making a 3rd and 4th as well

that man is killing the movies makes the guy suchs altogether AVP would have been much better if

it had someone else making it thats just me though how do you feel?

My thoughts on Paul Anderson, Resident Evil and AvP are here.

I sort of liked RE: Apocalypse simple because it was so stupid it was impossible to take seriously, I think Anderson only did the script for that, anyway. It's going to be the same deal with 3 & 4, I think. Someone else directs while he cocks up the script.

My thoughts on Paul Anderson, Resident Evil and AvP are here.

I sort of liked RE: Apocalypse simple because it was so stupid it was impossible to take seriously, I think Anderson only did the script for that, anyway.  It's going to be the same deal with 3 & 4, I think.  Someone else directs while he cocks up the script.

dude dude dude you feel exactly the same way i do about that ***** iv read(got some of them too) the avp comices there weapons and armour are acid proof and the elders were always on the hunt with the younger ones too the bigest badasses in the galaxy and there made to feel like pussys i feel so pist off :)

It just made me shake my head. I mean, the Predator's whole society is based around hunting, and they can't find any weapons that are acid-proof? What are they, retards?

Predator A: "Sir, we've invented a means of intergalactic travel, but our weapons still melt every time we go hunting aliens."

Predator B: "You're f****** fired."

Totally unnecessary. Still, fingers crossed for the sequel and Alien 5.

yeah i hope James Camron directs Aliens 5 i was reading in an interveiw that he was really pissed off that in

alien3 characters he created were killed off he wanted to make alien3 he wanted to make a continuation from the second

he has to be one of the best directors in sci fi movies!

Cameron coming back would be good (don't mention Titanic) and you'd certainly think he or Ridley Scott would be their ideal choice. However, that doesn't seem to be the way it works these days. They bring in new directors just for the sake of it, sometimes.

Although Alien 3 was in production Hell for quite a while, I thought it was ok, as opposed to Resurrection, which I thought was the pits.

Apparently the extended edition of Alien 3 (in the quadrilogy boxed set only, I think) is a lot better. Resurrection is probably still rubbish though.

I think the problem is money, basically. The studios seem to think you can have a good director who will make a damn fine film but it won't make as much as one by a bog-standard director.

Take Resident Evil as an example. They could have used Romero, made a bloody good horror movie and while it may not have set the box office on fire you can be damn sure it would have an enduring following. Instead, they opted for Anderson, because his style of directing is more 'modern' and films full of explosions and special effects do better because they appeal to the common pleb.

Batman Forever is another example. WB weren't too pleased with Burton's increasingly dark, Gothic view of Gotham, so they dumped him and Keaton and hired Schumacher and Clooney, making the film more commercial. Typically, Batman Forever did better than Batman Returns at the box office, but Batman Forever just happens to be a bag of shite.

This doesn't bother the studio, because they're there to make money, not art.

yeah i know my mate says its all because of the jews owning the film componies and there greedy for money

i just think a greedy person is a greedy person regardless of what they beleve in.......and all the big guns in the movie industry cant get enough of the stuff sad really its the people who pay them the money in good faith that get riped off

still it must be fun to see the look on the greedy B*****s faces when they find out a movie dident get do so well and they cant buy there 10th house lol :)

totally thats what i tryed to tell him but he wouldent have any of it

yeah i know spelberg for one he seems to be a nice guy too(i better watch he's a jew :) good and bad in all sides i suppose) johnathan mostow did a good job of T3 all things considerd a lot of poeple were

really surprised(myself included) following in the footsteps of the great camron would be tough......even he said he liked it high praise from the main man himself.......cant wait until T4 now :)

yeah i hope James Camron directs Aliens 5 i was reading in an interveiw that he was really pissed off that in

alien3 characters he created were killed off he wanted to make alien3 he wanted to make a continuation from the second

he has to be one of the best directors in sci fi movies!

Are they going to make Alien 5? if they do, I sure hope too that James Cameron does it, Alien 3 and 4 were horrendous, just full of mistakes, starting from "where the heck did those eggs came from!?!?!?!?" in Alien 3.

Yep, but remember, the queens are supposed to be very bright. I imagine she could get an alien drone or two to carry some eggs up there.

I don't know, I'm just guessing, seeing as I haven't seen the extended version of Alien 3. I would think that explains more.

Game to film conversions. Terrible, right?

Paul "l33t diret0r" Anderson is slated to direct Dead or Alive, a film based on the beat-em-up games. Probably going to be the most embarrassing thing since Mortal Kombat hit the big screen.

On a more optimistic note, Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf) is set to direct Silent Hill. Fingers crossed.

Game to film conversions.  Terrible, right?

Paul "l33t diret0r" Anderson is slated to direct Dead or Alive, a film based on the beat-em-up games.  Probably going to be the most embarrassing thing since Mortal Kombat hit the big screen.

On a more optimistic note, Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf) is set to direct Silent Hill.  Fingers crossed.

You are joking.......anderson directing dead or alive :) dosent the film stuidos know when they'v got

a crap directer on there hands SWEET MERSYFULL CRAP GOD HELP US ALL

oh oh oh just found out there is a Blade TV show in the works its being made for spike TV which is airing next year(it must be an american cable channel it comes on air next year too) 13 episodes have been ordered

by the network it been writen by the writer of the Blade movies and Batman Begins David Goyer

the main charcter wont be played by Wesley Snipes heres hoping it wont turn out like the crap and i do mean crap Buffy(that show was a travisty)

Ouch.  If you like that, you might want to check out Delicatessen and Amelie, both Jeunet films, both bloody good.

Got them already, but thanks anyway.

Seeing that you like Garth Ennis and superheroes. Have you ever read his "Hitman"? Damn funny characters. I really like Six-Pac. :)

If you like Christian parody you might want to check out Jodorowski/Moebius "Madwoman of the Sacred Heart". It's about the 2:nd coming of Christ. Kind of. Don't think they ever will make a movie of that one, though.