Dawn Of War

Aralez

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, today I've been playing around with the web server and some webpages.

The web server now has Virtual Hosts enabled which means you can now also get to your page by following this link: https://dow.os.101main.com/DoW_Section_new.html (I hope :) ) All old links still work as normal.

Second, I've been playing around with some PHP and I've created a new version of Aralez's DoW page. :)

The page can be found here: https://www.os.101main.com/DoWmain.php

Right at the very bottom of the page is an admin link that will let you add/edit and delete maps from the database. It will ask you for your username and password. I've only added 5 maps so far while I was testing it.

Let me know what you think and if you want to use it. I'll place it into your area on the server.

Wow, awesome! :) Could you add the "gamemode" description and maybe an empty line between the map-icons? Then the new site would be perfect! Really good work, this is much easier than the old way of adding those pics/links/files with Notepad!

https://www.vaged.vcu.edu/images/old/ThumbsUp.jpg

Aralez, Do you use any messenger program? MSN? Yahoo?

I'll add a "players" field for the number of players and a "mode" field for the supported modes.

Edit:

There, updated the table layout and added players and game modes.

You want me to put the file into your area?

Cool work.

Ahem.....but...... is there any chance of adding some color, the map descriptions tend to just blur into each other, ok i'll shut up now...... :huh:

A, I assume u didn't play on thursday just? Did u wanna make a date for this Thursday? Dunt see K around much, is the general still here? ;)

Had a quick look on E-bay this morning (03:46 ;) ) and saw the double pack of Chaos Gate and Final Liberation goin for £31!! ;) OMG!

A, am currently bidding for CG on E-Bay........fingers crossed...... :huh:

btw I know previously u have said about using two op systems, have u got CG running on XP?

Hmm, are your nick Marx something? Looking for the game myself, but I'm not interested in a bidding war with you ;)

I thought long and hard about mentioning it or whether to send A a pm but thought nah whats the chances!!!  :lol:

btw can't remember from when I had the game originally, but is it multiplayer?

Hehe, so that is your nick :huh:. Okay, I'll find another copy to bid on.

Regarding multiplayer, there seems to be LAN.

I have some computer problems atm. My Windows ME partition was wrecked by a hardware/software/user-failure combined with a virus attack. CG worked good under ME. I got it to work under XP, too, by setting the compatibility mode to win95 and the colours to 256. But then the ME partition said goodbye after several attempts to rescue it from a virus i got by downloading a free programming language from www.programmersheaven.com. I then decided to make a second XP partition, as the ME installer had troubles with the XP boot-files, argh!

I have two XP partitions atm, one working (but with a one-minute start-up time) and a second one that is under construction.

Shagpuss, don't worry: DoW works. :huh:

Xcom, TFTD, UFOAM and several other programs were lost. I will have to reinstall everything and i hope to be back up again fully in some hours.

Alright, everything back under control ;)

CG works under XP but as i said you have to enable the compatibility mode and set 640x480 and 256 colours in the same options field for the exe. I have patch 1.2 installed. Strangely the no-cd-exe doesn't work under XP... But as i have the original CD :huh:

And there IS a multiplayer mode in the game as well. I haven't tested it , though.

Shagpuss, same time same place?