Dawn Of War

Aralez

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent yet, I only play on-line at the mo with you guys and for that I turn me gfx settings down so I dunt get accused of bringing my friend Lagg along....

Things are quiet here, did anyone wanna game tonight?  :)

A, did u not upload ur new map to ur site?  :o

It's there, i only sorted the maps by alphabet now. And removed some obsolete maps. A game tonight? Sure, i will be there! Btw, i would have posted earlier but my DSL-provider had to restart my connection to make it work again...took some minutes for me to realize that it wasn't a software or hardware failure but a connection error.

We played the new map (St.Hanna) three times today, two times 2v2 and one time 2v1v1, each time on hard, the map is very hard, the AI likes it... If someone wants the replays post here! :)

Shagpuss is a real Chaos player, he is much better with them than with any other race. And i start to morph into an Ork :)

Ahem, new map alert It's called Phrag Place and is for 4 players. Excpect some big and hard battles on this one.

https://www.os.101main.com/ufo/Pics/Plaza_s.jpg

Have fun!

Lurker we should talk to our internet providers: We need EMP-hardened cables or connections, NOW !!! :)

.....................WON LOST

Space Marines... 15 3

Chaos.............. 9 2

Eldar .............. 5 0

Ork ................ 9 2

A thats ur stats, u rock as Eldar! And er....mine....

.......................WON LOST

Space Marines... 14 3

Chaos ............... 8 2

Eldar ................ 0 0

Ork.................... 5 0

Seems I do ok as Orks.... :)

And heres urs K

.........................WON LOST

Space Marines....... 18 4

Chaos................... 6 2

Eldar ................. 3 0

Ork ................... 2 0

Eldar, me? :)

Yesterday, i had a good game on hard with me as Orks on the new map, i lost, but only because i didn't find the last building of the enemy fast enough to prevent my base from being destroyed by its troops.... Argh it was THAT close, if only i had choosen the right direction first....

The "secret" on the new map is to attack. Turtling will be your certain death.

Aralez: It's there, i only sorted the maps by alphabet now. And removed some obsolete maps.

Out of the stuff that Aralez removed, I miss the original Somme Map. The original Somme Map didn't have slag deposits, which made for some interesting tactics and dynamics on that map. Half the challenge of DoW is getting better production than the enemy, and doing so first, and given that the AI doesn't seem to build Heavy Generators on the Slag Deposits, building a Heavy Generator or two tends to give you an edge, making it possible for some to beat a collection of Hard AI. It's kind of like what we saw in Total Annihilation, the first one to build a fusion reactor was usually the one who won the game all other things being equal. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never seen an enemy AI build a Heavy Generator on a Slag Deposit.

On the original Somme map, there was no way for the Human Player to build the heavy generator and get that edge, so Standard AI remained competetive for a much longer period of time because it was basically impossible to outproduce them in any meaningful fashion.

Out of all of Aralez's maps, the original Somme Map was my favorite, because of the types of games that it gave you. I wouldn't consider that map obsolete.

Yes, but that map also had the problem that the player starting positions were numbered in the wrong order, so a team match wasn't possible in a proper way. And it was too similar to Somme II which is a 99,99% clone of it. If you want, i can reupload it for you to the server? But i will not post a downloadlink on my site anymore.

Only because you didn't build generators in the famous "Powerhouse" mission back then :) (ah, wait we've lost that mission together...)

*tries to sound cool* Anyway, it doesn't matter to me (grrrrrrr, how can this be, life is so cruel, why always meeee, the titanic sank! sniff) :lol: :lol:

:) I dunt have a microphone, I cud get one at our next local computer fair if we

really want to test it?

Those Necrons look good! :)

A, I remember that!! Excellant, the assault marines were my fave, jump in and out b4

they know wots happening.

I have tried to get that a few times before on E-bay but have been out bid a few times

so I gave up.