Dawn Of War

Aralez

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slaughter, remember: No trolling in this forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

I decide to do another fight on the KING LUTIEN map , this time with Chaos vs. Eldar. Well, i uploaded the replay too, as it was breathtaking, holy mother of Nurgle! The Eldar threw bazillions of troops against us, even an Avatar (seldom seen on Standard) and shortly before they crushed us, i made a counter-attack for a Take+Hold victory just like in the first battle. I got my butt kicked.

Then after a short while of more basefighting one of my allies was almost destroyed, again i made a counterattack and again the Eldar tried to wipe me away, but this time i could hold the strategic point. But the enemy took my first point now, argh! And then one of my allies was defeated!!! Somehow i managed to crawl my way to the point and re-took it.

Shortly before the eldar arrived at my base the T+H victory was acchieved. Gosh, i need a shower now!

One important tip when playing with AI allies: Do NOT activate resource sharing!!! Those lazy freaks of AI players did build not ONE generator and seriously hampered our unit-output and -upgrade that way :)

Hm, reminds me of two human players i played with some time ago.... :):)

Replay uploaded on my site at Kernels server.

Many thx, again, Kernel!

Kret and Shagpuss, don't worry i will not tell any names, ah, wait.... :):)

Today i tried the Eldar on that map against 5 Space Marine armies. Well, it was a shorter game than usual :) We were beaten. One of our allies was wiped out and my base only saved by shroud+relocation. I lost the Strategic point in that attack (actually both) and had only one troop of Warpsiders left. :o

There were some terrific moments in that game, though. There is nothing like three Commanders and 9 dreadnoughts and ~8 SM squads + 5 assault Marines squads to make your heart beat faster :lol: Except the fact that a similar army comes from the other side of your base, too !!!

My fireprisms, D-cannons, Warpsiders and Farseers fought extremely good taking more enemies with them than one could dream of. And still there were too much enemies. Argllll.....

My suggestion for tomorrow, Shagpuss: We do NOT fight against SM with Eldars on that map, and if we have to use an AI ally we do NOT enable resource sharing.

I uploaded the replay for those who want to see me in distress...

So, I'll assume there's a game tonight at 20:30 GMT as usual. Let's see if I'm not too busy with "other stuff" around that time.

Any maps that I prioritize downloading?

Aralez, have you considered grouping some of your maps, if not all, into a map-pack? I think you have enough of them to make one. You could keep both single maps and a map pack, depending on what kernel says about space for it.

Now that was a good game! I was on the edge of death when you guys finally arrived, whew! I can't thank you enough. (this means i will forget it in some minutes :) ) And Kret has created our new warcry... :) :lol:

Will upload the replay right after a reboot.

I got to play another game of DoW today. Three standard comps versus myself.

I couldn't beat them, but... They couldn't beat me either.

As soon as I had the slightest force thrown together, two paces out of my base I run into an army or two and chao's largest unit, a demon which takes an age to kill off.

And two of the comps were chaos. I dunno if they were both sending demons at me, though, there were only two relics on the map and I had one of them for the first half of the game.

Then I ran out of time and that was the end of that.

I'll do it one day.

Damn weather ! :)

Kret i have decided not to upload a map-pack to Kenels site, it would take 1 hour or more to upload and i don't know if it would kill the bandwidth and the downloadtime would be dramatic...

BUT i contacted DoW-Files and asked if they want the map-pack, as soon as i get some info, i'll post here.

I finally won with the Eldar and 2 AI allies against 5 SM on the new map. Wow those D-Cannons shred Dreadnoughts in a few seconds, awesome! Supported by some Grav-Guns and Brightlances they are almost invincible.

You'll need a bunch of them, though. But in a 4 vs 1 they will fiinsh the Dready wiff no problem....

Bah Eldar! Just don't wanna go near 'em!! I think I will use the SM's or CSM's for a while, just until I get back into the feell and then maybe try the TAU!! Seriously guys check out this mod its lookin good...

Tau Mod

On another note, heres the ladder rankings sig. site I mentioned....

Rankings Sig Generator

Just put ur name in and let it generate it for u

I dunt think I will incur the wrath of BB for posting instead of editing here beens I edited that other post about 6 times!!! :)

I saw this WH40K comic strip thingy posted on the relic forums and fort it was quite funny, click on archives to browse thru from the very first one.....

Turn Signals on a Land Raider

btw I will post the originators name as soon as I can find it..

It was NRD80Y.

Edited by shagpuss