New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

London, the Blue Dress with Italian Backpack is in the bedroom now:

CivFemBlueDressItalBackpack%25281stMission%2529.png

The Bavarian chapter map should be visible. I am not sure what causes it not to show in your game (???)

Settings?

Black Widow outfit is possible. I'll probably follow Ecthels guidelines when creating it. It's going to be a modification of the exisiting texture (as swapping boots and sleeve patches from other models is not possible without creating a new model from scratch. I'd need Maya for that - and I don't have that program, unfortunately.)

I'll see if I can achieve those results through texture manipulation. Perhaps, we won't need a new model after all. No promises though wink.png

Adding wooden stock to Mauser pistols would require a new model, well... you know the rest. sad.png

Talking about hair...

Which model did you have in mind?

HairModels_1.png

Lt, thanks. I also read that commercial rifles are/were somewhat superior/different to their mass produced military counterparts. Aside from Kar98 scoped hunting rifle - what else could I use for a few unique versions? (preferably without too long of a barrel - we don't have those models in the editor)

Ecthel, thank you for editing. I've entered all the proposed changes and corrections.

SN3 - is what the D.W. use refering to the Sentinel unit under our Hero's command. Do you think it needs to be changed? I thought there'd be other Sentinel units we encounter during our adventures: SN1, SN2, SN4, etc. Some could be in need of assistance, some dead, some gone rogue...

Yes, we need to figure this BadDan/GoodDan split out. The BadDan scenario is pretty clear:

1. Conterfeit>>BadDanDead--Doctor's Notice>>Falkensee Intact>>Bredow

2. Conterfeit>>BadDanAlive--Doctor's Notice>>Falkensee Evacuated

...but the GoodDan variant, hmm...

Since the chance of getting BadDan or GoodDan is random I'd rather not 'punish' the player by limiting their experience. GoodDan scenario should probably contain 2 encounters as well (1 if we kill him).

As there was no mentioning of doubles in GoodDan, maybe, we could introduce something completely different and leave Falkensee and Bredow for the BadDan version.

I was thinking about drug trade (opium) D.W. engages in to raise cash for their operations. Real Captain Danilov discovers that and lets us know about it somehow (how???). Through a clue we find at the Danilov's residence in Nedlitz or, perhaps, he contacts us when we return to Sentinel base next time (like the "Castle Linden" rewards message in the armory)... Ideas, please???

3. Conterfeit>>GoodDanAlive--(clue???)>>Drug Deal (location ???)>>Drug Lab (location???)

4. Conterfeit>>GoodDanDead--(clue???)>>Drug Deal (location ???) -- No drugs

I can convert the sandbags into opium bags (or morphine/heroine, cocaine, etc.)

A few screenshots of Bredow:

(I finished furnishing the interior, creating secret parts and basic scripting)

Bredow_4%25281st_Floor%2529.png

Bredow_5%25282nd_Floor%2529.png

Bredow_6%2528Finale%2529.png

Bredow_7%2528Spoils%2529.png

I don't know if MAC-50 will suffice that late in the scenario, but here it is...

We'll need to have the pack in our inventory to leave the encounter.

Question: What would the package do - scenario wise? Open some chapter in Russia/Soviet Union, maybe? Lead to the Professor or imply his existence? Something else??? Details???

PWLs (the "Please Wait", "Loading") screens are finished for this part of the Soviet sub-plot.

BodiesFound_PWL.png

Counterfeit_PWL.png

Debrief_PWL.png

FalkenseeIntact_PWL.png

Bredow%2528lighter%2529_PWL.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

London Calling Blunter...

Thank you for adding the dress to the first mission. Also for reply to Black Widow. I understand the problems with creating new models so I shall ensure to remember in future when I am making random suggestions. I have looked again at the female black Sentinels uniform and I am sure this will work very well.

As for the hair well. I hope this doesn't sound demanding in any way. If it is possible could you add Dani and Holly's hair to the female black Sentinel uniform, the female winter Sentinel uniform, and the female desert Sentinel uniform. These are my preferd uniform choices for my squad. I do like the berry and the helmet options I am just not so enthralled with the masks. Sorry. Just my personal opinion for what it is worth. The hair for Black Widow possibly Carm recoloured to a dark-auburn red, as this seems to be the longest available.

The screenshots for Bredow look very impressive. You have certainly put some serious thought into all of this. I am intrigued to know where it will lead. The parcel of documents containing false or new passports and identity cards, well, have you considered the option relocating war criminals? You have mentioned doubles. Do you mean clones where some covert organisation is trying to influence foreign affairs by replacing leading dignitaries with selectively enhanced look-a-likes? Forgive me if I have misinterpreted the story line. I have only recently come to realise there is a serious threat of a Nazi zombies pandemic.

Black Widow's Hair

The Black Widow had short hair in the recent Marvel movies, so I think Holly's hair would be fine too, perhaps as a second version of the uniform.

Hunting Rifles

Considering that Berlin's in East Germany, what about a Scoped Mosin-Nagant 1891/30?

As for unique versions, I think they should have improved accuracy and lower AP costs. Since they're likely to be hunting wild boar and deer in Brandenburg, which the rifles already have enough stopping power for, making sure they hit and having a follow-up shot ready would probably be top priority for hunters.

Also, perhaps include hollow point/JHP rounds? That's what's normally used for hunting.

SN3

Assuming it stands for "Squad/Section Number 3", what about "Squad/Section 3 (S3)" instead, to reference the title?

Also, do the Sentinels use these designations too, or is it just what Die Wolfe calls them for reporting purposes?

Real Danilov Encounters

Hmm, how about following up on the alcohol smuggling operations? Unless you're reserving that for the main chain. If not, then I think the Drug Deal would take place in a city/town, either in an alley or a dubious bar, while the Drug Lab would either be in the middle of nowhere (abandoned bunker, maybe?) or cunningly concealed in the middle of a city/town in the basement of a run-down residence of some sort.

Either way, I think both of your ideas can be used. The first encounter is unlocked by finding a clue in Danilov's residence, a reminder about a meeting he's supposed to attend with the smugglers/dealers, maybe? The second is unlocked by Danilov contacting the player after completing the first, which would be really hard for him to do while he's dead.

Bredow Package

Personally, I think this is getting a bit long for a "side" mission chain, perhaps end it here or in the next one. Might also do something similar for the Real Danilov encounter chain, maybe leading to the same final encounter if you choose to do it that way.

As for what it does, I'm thinking it should lead to the Local Die Wolfe Kommandant encounter I suggested earlier, with more guards than my initial suggestion. Alternately, if you decide to end the chain here, perhaps a large amount of XP plus other rewards from the Soviet Union and Herr Lander once you return to base.

Decided to pick up SS again with this mod installed and it worked fine. The first zombie encounter didn't take too long (except that the zombies sometimes hid behind the trees so the encounter wouldn't progress until you ran into the trees, killed them and ran back). Running back you had to be fast else zombies would spawn on top of you. Dialogues are very good and rewards, maybe a bit overpowered for so early in the game (then again, I realize it's made for resting atm).

I noticed that the Police Uniform clips with certain hairs (like Axel's hair).

Would it be possible to make working remote explosives? So far all I can do to blow up a wall is put a mine there and then shoot at the mine, hoping I might hit.

Like making a "Detonator" which is just a ranged weapon with 0 damage that does cause mines/explosives to explode but can't be used to shoot NPC's/ It should have 100% accuracy. I always thought special operatives should be able to blow a door open better than shooting at it or shooting at a mine.

(Thanks, folks. I'll reply to the posts ^^^ a bit later.)

All right, the small RR station is ready.

That's the next part in the Soviet Intel plotline after the "Debrief". The station will be located to the north-east of Berlin in the town of Seefeld.

The template is complete.

The evidence the bad guys' leader (Oswald) drops is a note from the mole. It will require some detective work as well. This time it will be - fingerprint analysis. smile.png

I am still working out the scripting details and text strings. Once I am finished with those I'll post them for editing.

In the meantime, here are a few screenshots of the encounter. Take a look:

Sm_RR_Station_1%2528birds_view%2529.png

I went with a larger template this time and 80 x 96 turned out to be okay (frame rate wise) considering that there are over 550 terrain spots, ~ 100 trees, two fully furnished building, a multitude of objects and a modified height map.

Sm_RR_Station_2%2528birds_view%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_3%2528log_stack%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_4%2528station%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_5%2528station%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_6%2528rock%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_7%2528residence%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_8%2528GAZ_truck%2529.png

Still thinking about who, where, when and how many...

Sm_RR_Station_9%2528vantage_points%2529.png

Sm_RR_Station_10%2528editor_window%2529.png

Yes, it's pretty big smile.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

...moving along...

The evidence...

Oswald drops a "Bloodstained Note":

Sm_RR_Station_11%2528bloodstained_note%2529.png

...and Lt. Col. Mikhalev provides us with the necessary tools:

Sm_RR_Station_12%2528All_Fingerprints%2529.png

The plan is to make a decision about who the mole is, talk it over with Lt. Colonel and then go to the original Central RR Station where the rest of the officers are waiting and confront the suspect of our choice...

Oh, and the "Hunting Lodge" is also on the way. I'll place it somewhere in the forest...

Here's its template:

RE_HuntingLodge_1.png

Since this one is an RE - it shouldn't take too long... hopefully.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

London Calling Blunter...

Thank you for adding the dress to the first mission. Also for reply to Black Widow. I understand the problems with creating new models so I shall ensure to remember in future when I am making random suggestions. I have looked again at the female black Sentinels uniform and I am sure this will work very well.

As for the hair well. I hope this doesn't sound demanding in any way. If it is possible could you add Dani and Holly's hair to the female black Sentinel uniform, the female winter Sentinel uniform, and the female desert Sentinel uniform. These are my preferd uniform choices for my squad. I do like the berry and the helmet options I am just not so enthralled with the masks. Sorry. Just my personal opinion for what it is worth. The hair for Black Widow possibly Carm recoloured to a dark-auburn red, as this seems to be the longest available.

The screenshots for Bredow look very impressive. You have certainly put some serious thought into all of this. I am intrigued to know where it will lead. The parcel of documents containing false or new passports and identity cards, well, have you considered the option relocating war criminals? You have mentioned doubles. Do you mean clones where some covert organisation is trying to influence foreign affairs by replacing leading dignitaries with selectively enhanced look-a-likes? Forgive me if I have misinterpreted the story line. I have only recently come to realise there is a serious threat of a Nazi zombies pandemic.

You are welcome. smile.png

I haven't finished the 'Black Widow' uniform yet. I'll add the wigs you mentioned (Holly's & Dani's) to the Sentinels' outfits.

Concerning war criminal relocation - do you have something specific in mind (an attack on Spandau prison, assault of a prison convoy, or something else???).

The plot is still rather flexible at this point in development as long as we stay on target:

(I assume you've read through the thread. Post #434 has a link to the plot Lt. developed)

- An ultra-nationalist group called "Die Wolfe" want to drive the Allies out.

Their plan is to undermine allied influence in Germany through sabotage, counterfeiting, propaganda, etc...

Force allies to withdraw most of their troops back home through staging attacks on their major cities (virus)

...and reclaim Germany when the time is the most opportune.

- A poweful psychotropic microbiological agent is being develped by someone known as The Professor. He is a wildcard and we haven't developed him in as much detail yet.

but not all of these at the same time laugh.png . or i'll need a tank.gif .

Don't worry, Shhh... I'll need to test it first (when I get to it).

Black Widow's Hair

The Black Widow had short hair in the recent Marvel movies, so I think Holly's hair would be fine too, perhaps as a second version of the uniform.

I might use Holly's too.

I changed Carm's to auburn... Will it work? (I know it's long)

Here:

Hair_Auburn%2528ForBlackWidow%2529.png

Hunting Rifles

Considering that Berlin's in East Germany, what about a Scoped Mosin-Nagant 1891/30?

As for unique versions, I think they should have improved accuracy and lower AP costs. Since they're likely to be hunting wild boar and deer in Brandenburg, which the rifles already have enough stopping power for, making sure they hit and having a follow-up shot ready would probably be top priority for hunters.

Also, perhaps include hollow point/JHP rounds? That's what's normally used for hunting.

JHP rounds for 7.62 x 54R? Creating that round will affect all the other weapons of that caliber in the game. Wound't it make them a little too powerful or more preferable?

Of course, I could create a unique JHP clip just for these hunting rifles. In that case the other weapons of 7.62 x 54R caliber will be able to use them as well but (and that's how the game operates) >>> will automatically 'convert' those rounds into regular ones (as they will lack a JHP clip of their own).

Anyway, while I wait for your feedback on the Mosins, I'll post some pictures of Kar98s I made.

One is a regular Mauser Carbine 98K with the scope removed. For some reason Nival decided not to include one of the most common WWII rifles...

Weapons_Mauser_Kar98%2528RegNoScope%2529_1.png

...and a unique version. Added various metallic plates, minor engravings, etc. (along with all the necessary bump and gloss textures)

I called it 'Volltreffer' (Bullseye). If you have other suggestions (or the translation I'm using is off) - let me know and I'll change it.

Weapons_Mauser_Kar98%2528Hunting%2529_1.png

SN3

Assuming it stands for "Squad/Section Number 3", what about "Squad/Section 3 (S3)" instead, to reference the title?

Also, do the Sentinels use these designations too, or is it just what Die Wolfe calls them for reporting purposes?

You are right, "Squad/ Section 3 (S3)" is probably a better designation.

I changed it to 'S3' as you suggested.

Real Danilov Encounters

Hmm, how about following up on the alcohol smuggling operations? Unless you're reserving that for the main chain. If not, then I think the Drug Deal would take place in a city/town, either in an alley or a dubious bar, while the Drug Lab would either be in the middle of nowhere (abandoned bunker, maybe?) or cunningly concealed in the middle of a city/town in the basement of a run-down residence of some sort.

Either way, I think both of your ideas can be used. The first encounter is unlocked by finding a clue in Danilov's residence, a reminder about a meeting he's supposed to attend with the smugglers/dealers, maybe? The second is unlocked by Danilov contacting the player after completing the first, which would be really hard for him to do while he's dead.

Good ideas! Since there are so many clues in Danilov's house - I could easily add a line or two to one of them (which one, btw?) and open that 'Drug Deal' zone... could probably add Danilov and his 'wife' to that encounter as well (to open 'Drug Lab' zone), hmmm...They were in a hurry when we talked to them last in Nedlitz, right?.. Perhaps, that's where they were going.

Bredow Package

Personally, I think this is getting a bit long for a "side" mission chain, perhaps end it here or in the next one. Might also do something similar for the Real Danilov encounter chain, maybe leading to the same final encounter if you choose to do it that way.

As for what it does, I'm thinking it should lead to the Local Die Wolfe Kommandant encounter I suggested earlier, with more guards than my initial suggestion. Alternately, if you decide to end the chain here, perhaps a large amount of XP plus other rewards from the Soviet Union and Herr Lander once you return to base.

Yeah, we'll need to wrap it up here.

I was thinking that the D.W. Commander encounter could be a some sort of reward for a couple of side mission chains 'Bredow'/ 'Drug Lab', 'The Vial', 'Contamination' and 'Crime and Punishment' - maybe a D.W. summit or something.

1. Bredow and Drug Lab have been discussed already.

2. The Vial (Overran Clinic >>> Wansdorf Labs >>> Attribute enchancing substance)

3. Contamination (Deals with the river Havel chemical spill. The idea is that the polluting agent is the precursor of what The Professor is working on. It has the same mutagenic properties but without the viral/bacterial RNA strain attached ( which makes the latter contagious).

4. Crime and Punishment (Deals with various orchestrated by D.W. robberies, cash carrier assaults, etc.) It doesn't rule out independent parties engaging in these activities.

At the end of each we'll find a clue (or part of it) of where the 'summit' will take place.

Decided to pick up SS again with this mod installed and it worked fine. The first zombie encounter didn't take too long (except that the zombies sometimes hid behind the trees so the encounter wouldn't progress until you ran into the trees, killed them and ran back). Running back you had to be fast else zombies would spawn on top of you. Dialogues are very good and rewards, maybe a bit overpowered for so early in the game (then again, I realize it's made for resting atm).

I am glad you enjoyed it. The AI behavior would need to be improved. When I get to populating the subplot encounters with mobs I'll look into that, Fireman.

I noticed that the Police Uniform clips with certain hairs (like Axel's hair).

That's on Nival. They made those for a specific head model (policeman) which happened to be rather small. I don't think they meant those uniforms to be available to the player characters (especially the ones with big heads). sad.png

Would it be possible to make working remote explosives? So far all I can do to blow up a wall is put a mine there and then shoot at the mine, hoping I might hit.

Like making a "Detonator" which is just a ranged weapon with 0 damage that does cause mines/explosives to explode but can't be used to shoot NPC's/ It should have 100% accuracy. I always thought special operatives should be able to blow a door open better than shooting at it or shooting at a mine.

Hmmm..., you know I thought about that too - but haven't come up with any sure way of doing it. I'll need to think about it. It might be possible through a script... don't know. I'll try to run a few tests. I'll let you know if I am successful.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

coming alone nicely. Good job, Kamerad!

Thank you, Lt.

Is that what you envisioned?

2-floor hunter lodge... :lol: and it's too nice to be true

It's true! I swear smile.png

Here is the proof:

RE_HuntingLodge_2%2528BirdView%2529.png

I've been testing different light settings. Personally, I prefer the fog.

RE_HuntingLodge_3%2528Road%2529.png

The height map took a little tweaking (the road, the building, the paths, the hills, the ditches, etc.)

RE_HuntingLodge_4%2528EastSide%2529.png

'Chopping block' with a few logs...

RE_HuntingLodge_5%2528WestSide%2529.png

A well with buckets, barrels, etc.

RE_HuntingLodge_6%2528ClearNight%2529.png

A Bedford truck with lights...

RE_HuntingLodge_7%25281st_Floor%2529.png

The Lodge is fully furnished + some extras wink.png

RE_HuntingLodge_8%25282nd_Floor%2529.png

RE_HuntingLodge_9%25282nd_Floor%2529.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Yes thats fine Blunter, thats one hell of a Hunting Lodge, must have been used by Göring (he was Reichs Jagdmeister after all, he had his own hunting lodge where he had tons of art put on the walls. Also all sorts of prototype guns where displayed there as well)

Sorry for the late reply, been distracted.

I think creating JHP clips for all 7.62x54mmR weapons would work, but make the mags (5-round only) exceptionally rare (possibly have the Hunting Lodge encounter be the only place you can get any).

Alternately, perhaps the rifle's original owner was such a good shot that he didn't need the extra stopping power. Maybe mention it in a nearby clue item of some sort?

Yes thats fine Blunter, thats one hell of a Hunting Lodge, must have been used by Göring (he was Reichs Jagdmeister after all, he had his own hunting lodge where he had tons of art put on the walls. Also all sorts of prototype guns where displayed there as well)

Thanks, Lt.

I guess I made it a little too fancy, eh? wink.png

Well with the textures I created and the general idea we had it shouldn't be difficult to make a simpler version.

About Goring. Where was that lodge of his located?

Perhaps, I could tie it to some other plot or chapter later.

Sorry for the late reply, been distracted.

I think creating JHP clips for all 7.62x54mmR weapons would work, but make the mags (5-round only) exceptionally rare (possibly have the Hunting Lodge encounter be the only place you can get any).

Alternately, perhaps the rifle's original owner was such a good shot that he didn't need the extra stopping power. Maybe mention it in a nearby clue item of some sort?

Thanks, Ecthel. I'll think about the JHPs. The clue sounds a bit easier to do though. We'll see.

No worries (about the late responses). I've been swarmed with a bunch of things myself. smile.png

On top of everything else It's the flu season here (cough, cough).

I've been experimenting with various scripts and found out how to identify specific PKs the characters are wearing (by their 'names' in the Pers tab, actually). So the idea of entering contaminated areas wearing protective gear is not just an idea any more.. - it's reality. I'll post some screens when my test template is complete. For now here is the suit itself:

ProtectorPK_1.png

I am planning to make it a part of "Contamination" chain of missions. We'll need to acquire certain parts/improvements for the "Protector" PK to become useful against ZMX-8 and other aggressive chemical and biological agents. ("closed respiratory system", various sealants, etc.)

At this point - only the Hero will be able to operate it.

I haven't decided whether it should be part of the Soviet (Brandenburg) subplot or something else.

About the plot. (I am still developing it) wink.png

Here is the current draft (large!):

SovietSubplot_1.png

Let me know what you think.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Thanks, Lt.

I guess I made it a little too fancy, eh?

Well with the textures I created and the general idea we had it shouldn't be difficult to make a simpler version.

About Goring. Where was that lodge of his located?

Perhaps, I could tie it to some other plot or chapter later.

Well, first there was Carinhall the country residence of Hermann Göring, built on a large hunting estate northeast of Berlin in the Schorfheide forest between the lakes Großdöllner See and Wuckersee in the north of Brandenburg.

Named in honour of his Swedish first wife Carin Göring (1888–1931), it was constructed in stages from 1933 on a large scale, but in the manner of a hunting lodge. The main architect was Werner March, designer of the Olympic stadium in Berlin.

On 10 April 1935, Carinhall was the venue for Göring's wedding banquet with his second wife, Emmy Sonnemann.

Carinhall became the destination for many of Göring's looted art treasures from across occupied Europe.

To prevent Carinhall from falling into the hands of the advancing Red Army, the compound was dynamited on 28 April 1945 at Göring's orders by a Luftwaffe demolition squad. The art treasures were evacuated beforehand to Berchtesgaden.

Only the monumental entrance gates, a few foundation structures, and decorative stones remain from the building. A bronze statue by Franz von Stuck, Kämpfende Amazone (1897), once at Carinhall, is now at Eberswalde.

The second large place he had was Reichsjägerhof Rominten:

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=111527

That one was fucking huge and was also his HQ for Göring at the Eastern Front. It was located in Eastern Prussia, near the city of Goldap. This estate was also destroyed, the last Janitor set fire to it by order from Göring to prevent it from being captured.

Not sure what else he had, but most of it was destroyed.

Does the "Protector" PK mean you're not going with virus immunity for the main character, or are the Sentinels simply thinking "better safe than sorry" in this case? Anyway, I think it should be for the main story missions, since there's already a lot going on in Brandenburg. On a side note, why is it in US colors if it's a reward for completing missions for the Soviets?

Wow, that's a lot of missions. I hope none of them are time-limited.

Does the "Protector" PK mean you're not going with virus immunity for the main character, or are the Sentinels simply thinking "better safe than sorry" in this case?

I am still debating the virus immunity, you proposed earlier in this thread, and how to implement it.

All kinds of questions pop up along the way. Here are some of them:

1. Is the immunity absolute? Or dependent on something (the amount of agent present, exposure to it)?

2. What is our Hero immune to? The original phychotropic chemical developed by the Germans at the end of WWII? Or the virus developed by the Professor who introduced a viral RNA in the original drug (making it less stable but contagious)?

3. If our Hero can enter those contaminated areas without any protection whatsoever - how is it going to affect the overall tactics for those encounters, the objectives and their achievement?..

4. What about the rest of the squad? What would be their role there (aside from just sitting on the sidelines)?

5. If our Hero is stuck with doing things on his/her own in those areas - what are the possible problems we might face in those encounters caused by Hero's profession's limitations (i.e. something that a soldier can accomplish with ease, an engineer, for instance, might have trouble doing)? Challenges are fine, one-sided advantages might not be.

Edit: the original German lab was on the territory of current West Berlin, that's where the spill, the U.S. forces are dealing with, originated from.

Anyway, I think it should be for the main story missions, since there's already a lot going on in Brandenburg. On a side note, why is it in US colors if it's a reward for completing missions for the Soviets?

I agree, Ecthel.

Although, aside from the initial 'lab assault'/ 'find the scientist' mission you developed we don't really have the main story yet.

The "Protector" was meant to have U.S. markings in order to operate in the contaminated areas of West Berlin without attracting too much attention.

Wow, that's a lot of missions. I hope none of them are time-limited.

Well, the main quest-line doesn't have that many, does it? smile.png

I could place some of the side quests in some other chapter if Brandenburg starts getting crowded.

I don't think I'll be making any time-limited missions (like the annoying U.N. bomb defusion).

At least not the ones that fail the main objective automatically if not finished on time. Certain optional objectives can probably introduce time limits though: bad guys escaping (instead of sitting around waiting to be captured), something important getting blown up (unless you defuse it), evidence getting destroyed by the opposion (unless you stop them), hostages getting killed (unless you neutralize the captors) or valuable loot being hauled away or stolen by a third party present on the map (unless you intercept them)...

Basically something that makes sense and is partially caused by our actions.

Yeah if its an US PK/Allied PK then it should be handed to you by the Commanding officer of the US Forces in Germany, that would make more sense. Otherwise you would have to put that thing in soviet colors.

True (well, if the Soviets built it).

What if it's one of the original TH PKs captured by the U.S. forces <insert a story> and rebuilt for their internal use. I was thinking about having a mission to retrieve an unmodified model for the Soviets (from W. Berlin border, maybe) and then have one of their mechanics install the necessary/ missing modules.

I could do that with the Americans instead (that's fine too). Do you have a story in mind (2-3 missions max) to tie it together somehow?

Btw. thanks for the hunting lodge info. Very interesting. Could make a good main/ side quest for a wartime scenario (Art loot retrieval, etc. I remember reading about the U.S. and the S.U. having specially designated military units tasked with the 'expropriation'.) smile.png

P.S. Another possible way of introducing consequences to "Good Danilov Alive"/ "Bad Danilov Dead" vs. "Good Danilov Dead"/"Bad Danilov Alive" is to make the Soviet HQ attackers in the latter scenario - regular German workers (whether disgruntled or aggitated and drugged by D.W.) armed with melee weapons or some primitive firearms. With New York Times reporting about the slaughter and Soviet atrocities in Brandenburg (right at the end of the encounter as a hint, perhaps)...

Anyway, just a thought.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Here's a suggestion to Blunter, I would like to see you have all of your mods put together using an Installer, that way people can pick and choose what they want incorporated into their SS3. What's your thoughts on this?

NoX, thank you for your interest in the project.

Regarding your suggestion: This is one mod, one database. There are no multiple 'mods' to speak of. It comes as one package (thousands of entries, literally). And it's very likely to remain that way.

If something is game-breaking, nonsensical or unbalancing - I'll definitely look into that and attempt to address it.

Keep in mind - it is still in development and we are still testing the changes.

If you are interested in contributing ideas or materials - shoot - I am listening.

All right, I finished the "Capture the mole" template (it took me some time).

It's the largest I've done so far. The size is 96 x 112. The map features a large railroad station in the middle surrounded by roads on both sides and parks along the edges. A few smaller buildings dot the landscape as well. Take a look and let me know what you think.

If you followed "The Mole" Soviet sub-plot and have a suggestion about the way this last mission should proceed (order of events, troops composition, waves if any, etc.) - go ahead and share. I'll consider your input.

RR_Depot_1%2528Front_view%2529.png

Here, I am using the same 'low fog' lighting I've been testing with the last few templates I posted here.

RR_Depot_2%2528top_view%2529.png

Another RR template "Godfather" from S3, for example, was 72 x 96. Just for comparison. smile.png

RR Depot runs fine on the XP PC I am building this mod on (Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, Radeon 4670). The loading time is a little long though.

RR_Depot_3%2528street_view%2529.png

I was thinking about adding building spots with store signs in German ("Hardware Store", "Central Station", "Repair Shop"). My German is non-existent, so any help would be appreciated.

Lt.? Maybe you could help?

RR_Depot_4%2528side_view%2529.png

The height map idea and parks were partially borrowed from "Town" RE in Poland (S3) and "Town & Park" RE in Germany (S2)

RR_Depot_5%2528street_view%2529.png

I am still somewhat uncomfortable with Nival's spots for cities, especially city roads, but they'll do for now. Perhaps, I'll find better ones later.

RR_Depot_6%25282nd_Floor%2529.png

The sides of the main building feature a low roof - meaning - every inch of it is accessible for moving or placing units.

RR_Depot_7%25281st_Floor%2529.png

Any ideas on loots?

RR_Depot_8%2528Ground_Floor%2529.png

RR_Depot_9%2528Inside_2ndFloor%2529.png

Those walkways could be used for an ambush...

RR_Depot_10%2528Roof_Path%2529.png

Even though nice looking and useful, those roof windows have one big problem: the characters climb right through them, whether they are opened or not. They don't even attempt to open them in most cases. Weird!

RR_Depot_11%2528Vehicles%2529.png

Since it's supposed to be a finale what type of spoils would be appropriate here?

And what would happen if:

... we catch the right guy?

... we make a mistake?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

A small gameplay change:

I remember one of my kids complaining about not being able to recruit A.B.R.S., even though she followed all the required steps and had a high level engineer (with engineering skill ~ 170+) in her party.

Well, naturally, I decided to remedy the situation and modified the script, so that the player could recruit the Robotic Soldier if:

- the Hero meets the requirements (engineering = 121+) as in original

- or one of the party members qualifies to repair/ activate the robot.

We will still be unable to perform that task if there are no qualified members in our squad.

SECM3_1.png

SECM3_2.png

SECM3_3.png

SECM3_4.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

ABRS is useless. Low AP, low accuracy. Fun and nothing more.

Yes, it can walk to enemies and soon they'll be out of ammo. Then your people may attack with bare hands. But it takes too much time.

It must be extremely heavy opposition to make player use this robot. One sniper makes things done faster and clearer then 5 robots. :)

Virus Immunity

1) I intended complete immunity, since I'm not particularly fond of getting instant-killed. Of course, you could simply bypass that by having the ones that show up in gameplay be light enough not to affect them, and reserve the immunity-breaking amounts/method for a Bad Ending cutscene or something like that. That said, a new idea just popped up in my head: What if the hero is affected, but it has different effects than intended?

2) There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two, though I'm no expert on biological/chemical weapons, so being immune (or affected differently) to both doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

3) Shouldn't be too different from other missions where the hero is on their own, like the early missions in S3 or the final battle in S2. More emphasis on stealth and cautious advances, I guess.

4) If the hero doesn't need the PK, than one of the squad members can use it instead to accompany them. Also, I'm pretty sure the Professor would have some sort of protection available, stealing some for your squad could be a primary or secondary objective in one of the missions to put the PK together. Alternately, they could be separated from the hero in an uncontaminated and sealed off section of the same map (assuming this is indoors), where they provide indirect assistance (opening or closing doors, triggering or disabling automated defenses, etc.)

5) Shouldn't really be an issue, all classes can fight effectively and there are multiple ways of overcoming most problems as long as the right tools are provided by the mission if the player doesn't bring their own. For example, a locked steel door. You could:

5.a) Gun it down with lots of high powered rounds (stationary MG pointed at it).

5.b) Blow it up (nearby small cache of assorted explosives).

5.c) Lockpick it (a lockpick on a dead person nearby).

5.d) Get a key or find the switch to open it (take a detour and fight your way to one. A last resort way out any class can do, so the player won't get stuck, in case the others fail due to bad luck and/or poor skill levels).

5.e) Have your squad open it remotely (to make progress through the other section, if added, just as important as slogging through the contaminated area)

Contamination Missions

Personally, I think the Sentinels would rather handle the capture and modding of the Protector themselves, since they can't be sure that the Allied personnel assigned to do it would be trustworthy. Feel free to modify or not use these ideas:

1) Thor's Hammer Supply Cache

The Allies have pinpointed the source of the chemical spill, but cannot investigate further as none of their protective gear is effective enough. Sentinel intel indicates that there is a Thor's Hammer supply cache in the region that contains a unique Panzerklein model designed to operate in hazardous environments. A Die Wolfe retrieval team was sighted heading towards the area, stop them and secure the cache.

Map:

Either an innocuous looking run-down shack or warehouse concealing an elevator leading to an underground bunker. DW either starts outside like the player's squad or is already inside, depending on which you prefer.

Objectives:

*Eliminate Die Wolfe retrieval team.

*Search the fallen DW team leader for intel. (After he dies)

*Capture the "Protector" Panzerklein.

*Retrieve the parts. (After DW team leader dies if you decide to add some of the parts to this mission)

Clues:

*Parts List (dropped by Die Wolfe team leader, unlocks next mission): A list of parts. The following is written at the bottom of the list: "Retrieve these parts along with the Panzerklein if any are present. Bring both to the indicated location." A set of coordinates is written next to it.

Enemy Squad Composition:

*Around 5 DW commandos, equipped with German carbines or SMGs (likely Mauser 33/40s and MP 40s), led by 1 veteran commando with higher quality SMG (MP 40/II, perhaps) and better stats. Probably expecting a quick, quiet operation, so light armor at best.

*1 or 2 DW Panzerklein operators, probably carrying nothing more than a German pistol (likely a 9mm one so they can share ammo with the commandos with SMGs).

Rewards:

*Lootable Panzerklein repair tools, AGS Ammo and PK Operator uniform(s).

2) Die Wolfe Panzerklein Facility

Having analyzed the list of parts, the Sentinels believe Die Wolfe is attempting to enhance the Protector's biological and chemical protection. The indicated location is a known Die Wolfe base, though its purpose was unclear until now. Find out what their intentions for the Protector are and retrieve anything useful. Recent intel suggests they may be attempting to build Panzerkleins of their own at this location. If so, ensure that they do not succeed.

Note:

I think there was an Axis Panzerklein in S2 that was only available when playing an Axis campaign. If the model for that one is still in S3, I'd like to see it included here as Die Wolfe's attempt to build their own, particularly since I remember it looking like a partial copy of the TH PKs.

Map:

A seemingly abandoned compound in the middle of the woods, the surviving L-shaped building looks like it's in bad shape while the others are ruins. The Panzerklein bay is in the longer section, while the other serves as the living quarters/armory/cafeteria for the garrison and the Kommandant's office. The PK Bay looks ramshackle and contains the Protector parts, the PK Engineers and Operators and around 2 inactive Panzerkleins (1 TH and 1 Axis, if the latter can be added, 2 TH if not). Half the guards are protecting the inside, while the rest are stationed outside to watch for intruders. Since this is a highly important undertaking, a Senior Officer is present to oversee operations.

Objectives:

*Find out what Die Wolfe is up to.

*Eliminate all Panzerklein Engineers and Operators. (After reaching the Panzerklein bay)

*Retrieve the parts. (After reaching the Panzerklein bay)

*Capture or Destroy all Panzerkleins. (After reaching the Panzerklein bay)

Clues:

*Letter (inside the Kommandant's office): An unmarked letter that says: "I require pure samples of the original substance this time, they are present in the laboratory where it was invented. Your men will need specialized protection to enter and collect them, I have included a list of the necessary equipment to do so."

Enemy Squad Composition:

*Around 10 to 12 Die Wolfe guards armed with German rifles (likely the Carbine 98k). Light or medium armor at best.

*Around 3 PK Engineers. Pistols or unarmed, no armor.

*Around 2 PK Operators. Pistols or unarmed, no armor.

*1 Die Wolfe Armored Soldier guarding the Kommandant, equipped with a German LMG (MG34, perhaps).

*1 Die Wolfe Senior Officer, armed with a high-end German pistol.

Rewards:

*The PKs, if you captured them intact.

*Lootable PK weapons, ammo and repair tools.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you, Ecthel. Your ideas are awesome! smile.png

I'll respond in more detail a bit later (about the immunity, PKs (A.B.R.S.) and "Contamination").

(In short: your "Contamination" write up is so good I'll probably use it in its entirety.)

-------------------------------------------------

I've been working on the Drug Deal. Scripting it now.

Here are some screenies of it:

DrugDeal_1%2528TopView%2529.png

A nice, remote location...

DrugDeal_2%2528Start%2529.png

I might change the starting location later...

DrugDeal_3%2528east%2529.png

I found the 64x80 size to be really good for smaller missions.

DrugDeal_4%2528westLogging%2529.png

...the orange lanterns set a certain mood.., well before the shooting begins. wink.png

DrugDeal_5%2528south%2529.png

DrugDeal_6%2528house_1st_2nd_floor%2529.png

Drugs_1%2528Opium%2529.png

And something... we might be able to use later...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~