New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Just tried out Castle Linden (or is it Castel?), I like it a lot! Even tho Im not a fan of the spooky clouds and the burning barrels, it still looks very nice, its also a really really long mission, I think it took me 1,5 hours. But even tho its long, it doesnt feel difficult, in fact, I managed to kill all zombies and all bandits with my 3 level 7-8 guys, my main guy, the sniper, equipped with a Piggy, Carm, with a Carcano M38 and a MP40, and Axel with a Springfield (very nice rifle, did you mod it in?) and a Bergmann, but I found it endlessly frustrating that Sting would take herself a whole minute to stand up, look 30 degrees to the left, crouch, look 30 degrees to the right, and repeat it then! If nothing else, she shouldnt have look for free teehee.gif . I like the map tho. Especially that the Bandit riflemen are reasonably accurate. I think it would be better to swap their weapons for something more powerful...say Mosin-Nagants or the shorter Carbines.

PS: My difficulty setting is 1.5-1.7

Very nice texture on the S&W. I've always wondered why Nival chose that model though instead of one of the British service Webley's or the Enfield No. 2?

1. It's simply a more powerful round than the 9mm Parabellum.

2. I'd say a little more damaging than a 9mm Parabellum and with a little more range. Ballpark 125 grain/8.1 gram bullet @ 1476 fps/450 mps. ~0.82 ft/lbs momentum or 605 ft/lbs KE. But then again with the rate enemies in Sentinels gain VP you can't really go with hard numbers:)

3. Prototypes were made for the military in 9x25mm 'Broomhandle' but they never got any contracts. I'm unsure if any pistols were sold commercially in this caliber but it was used in the Mauser carbines. Although without a new model that doesn't help. The only other weapons I'm aware of, besides the Steyr, were the Hungarian SMG's 39.M/43.M/44.M https://hungariae.com/ and SIG MKxx series. But again no model. Might be able to fake it with Beretta 38A, MP41 or maybe even the M1 Carbine?

4. One of the Broomhandle prototypes would be unique. Any of the SMG's would be uncommon.

Thanks, LCJr, I'll keep this info in mind when making those rounds (and weapons)

I looked those Hungarian SMGs up. They do resemble some of the models you mention. We'll see if it's possible to 'fake' them.

(no promises, though smile.png )

Finnaly had time to read the storyline.

I love you guys.

Great! I am glad you liked it.

I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves here. There's plenty a lot of modifications that get made for games that don't make it retail/require to pay.

That's right, we'd need to finish the mod first...

We still need to work on all the details and a lot is up to Blunter and his modding abilities.

True. smile.png

The time, the editor limitations and most importantly - the community help and feedback are also important factors wink.png

Btw, I figured out how to add templates as missions independent of the main campaign.

I created a Scenario Zone (with a template attached to it), placed it on a Chapter map, ran the campaign with the mod enabled and opened it with ScenarioAddVisibleZone("ZoneName"). Tada! It worked! The zone showed up on the chapter map ready for entering.

Very exciting! Now I'll be able to make encounters like "Castle Linden" show up (or disappear) through script not as REs.

What it means is that now we can create a separate (or a parallel) campaign or subplots alongside the main one and have complete control over which zones are available for entering. I'll need to check if I can open new chapters (our own Chapter maps, not featured in the original S^3).

Not having to use the ackward scenario block system implemented in 'Sentinels' is great news (for me at least) as I liked the S^2 approach better. It allowed greater flexibility.

Hope you get well soon. Sorry for not providing feedback, by the way, I've been too busy to test the mod.

Feel free to tweak further, if you plan on using these:

Thanks, Ecthel.

I used most of your corrections and suggested changes. Spot on, as always.

Very helpful smile.png

Just tried out Castle Linden (or is it Castel?), I like it a lot! Even tho Im not a fan of the spooky clouds and the burning barrels, it still looks very nice, its also a really really long mission, I think it took me 1,5 hours. But even tho its long, it doesnt feel difficult, in fact, I managed to kill all zombies and all bandits with my 3 level 7-8 guys, my main guy, the sniper, equipped with a Piggy, Carm, with a Carcano M38 and a MP40, and Axel with a Springfield (very nice rifle, did you mod it in?) and a Bergmann, but I found it endlessly frustrating that Sting would take herself a whole minute to stand up, look 30 degrees to the left, crouch, look 30 degrees to the right, and repeat it then! If nothing else, she shouldnt have look for free teehee.gif . I like the map tho. Especially that the Bandit riflemen are reasonably accurate. I think it would be better to swap their weapons for something more powerful...say Mosin-Nagants or the shorter Carbines.

PS: My difficulty setting is 1.5-1.7

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the 'Castle Linden' encounter.

I might tweak it a bit later (right now I am working on the 'counterfeit' mission and developing the related subplot).

As for Sting - I gave her 110 APs to complete the aim + shoot routine in one turn. She doesn't have 'Free Look'.

I am not sure what causes her to look around so much (never happened in any of my tests???). Did the box she was on get destoyed by bandits or, maybe, Bruiser was in her LOF?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I think it was rather that she is too far back. IRL that wouldnt be a problem, shes a sniper after all, but in-game she cant _spot_ and get direct sights on the enemy most of the time, and the guy with the Zbrojovka MG usually mows down whole groups before she can do anything at all. I think it might work out better if you place her over at the big window on the 2nd floor (I think it is the 2nd floor...)

Also, I just hired Zinaida...she has a new rifle :) Very nice rifle, in terms of looks and shooting...I just wonder, where there any Nagants rechambered to .303?

I just wonder, where there any Nagants rechambered to .303?

Not that I'm aware of. IIRC there were some lend-lease .303 Ross rifles turned into 7.62x54R match rifles. The only common rechamber I'm aware of is to the 9x54R hunting cartridge. I know the Finn's use it and I think the Russians do too. Basically when you shoot the rifling out of your trusty Mosin you rebore it to 9mm and go moose hunting:)To change it to .303 you'd have to rebarrel, modify the bolt head and the magazine might need to be modified some too. The bore diameters and overall length are very close but the 7.62x54R has a larger diameter case.

Interesting. I also had a weird bug which I couldnt repeat. After finishing the mission with Sam (the one with the captured sentinel), I went to loot, and simply wasnt able to double click a SMG (either M38,40 or 41) together with a 9mm Parabellum clip (cant remember if it was hollow point or not), and when I double clicked at them, they disappeared from the loot screen, and werent in the inventory of my guys! I reloaded and tried doing the same thing again but this time it worked just fine. Im kinda confused...-.-

Well, maybe "rebarreled" then (rather than rechambered). Perhaps, there is a better way of describing it in a few words (in-game).

It was done to 'justify' those silly .303 rounds stuck in her inventory, that's all.

(Lt. explained it already)

Think of it as 'unique', one of a kind type of rifle (just like Zina herself - unique, Siberian and deadly) smile.png

I don't think the disappearing items on the 'loot' screen have anything to do with the mod...

All right, I am attempting to add new plot elements to the "Counterfeit" mission.

Here is a diagram depicting some of them. Keep in mind it's still a rough draft at this point.

Mission_Counterfeit12%2528Diagram%2529.png

The idea behind this is to introduce elements of mystery through the randomization of clues, NPC diplomatic stances and faction affiliations. Right now there are 4 possible combinations:

Danilov - Real ------------ Sovkov - Real

Danilov - Fake ------------ Sovkov - Real

Danilov - Real ------------ Sovkov - Fake

Danilov - Fake ------------ Sovkov - Fake

Questions, suggestions, need clarification... shoot!

I am done with the major clues (models, textures, text strings and pop up messages)

They are ready for editing.

------------------------------------

Note:

We receive the folder from Captain Danilov after all the smugglers are dispatched (or off his body if he gets killed)

The notes are dropped by smuggler boss Linz.

------------------------------------

Mission_Counterfeit8%2528Clues%2529.png

Pop-up message: A folder filled with accounting records. Strangely enough, the math on some of the entries doesn't seem to add up. Could it be some sort of cipher? Need to show it to Mikhalev.

Tool tip: A folder filled with several dozen of papers that look like regular acounting records. Upon further examination you notice that some of the number sequences resemble some sort of a code. Mikhalev will definitely want to look at it.

Mission_Counterfeit9%2528Clues%2529.png

Pop-up message: Someone was trying to get Linz to kill Danilov and Sovkov and take over their operation... A 'mole' among Mikhalev's staff?

Tool tip: "Linz, the Captain is about to start selling to Grimm. Deal with him and his associate and I'll make sure you get your fair share and regular shipments once I get assigned their operation".

signature unintelligible

Mission_Counterfeit10%2528Clues%2529.png

Pop-up message: Someone was trying to incite Linz to kill Danilov. Singed "D"... Is there a 'mole' among Mikhalev's staff?

Tool tip: "Linz, the Captain made contact with Grimm's people today. It won't be long till he starts working with your competitor. I am sure you know what needs to be done. Once he is out of the picture - better prices and more regular shipments for you".

Signed "D"

Mission_Counterfeit11%2528Clues%2529.png

Pop-up message: It appears someone ordered Linz to get rid of Danilov and Sovkov. Could it be someone Linz was working for?

Tool tip: "Linz, our current suppliers are planning to establish a business arrangement with our competitor. I don't need to tell you what to do. When you are finished with them, find us a new supplier."

Signed "H"

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Questions

1) Is it completely random which combination the player gets, or can they influence it?

2) What happened to the real Sovkov in the combinations where the fake one shows up?

3) What does Herr Lander (the mission giver) have to do with all this?

4) Will these different combinations heavily alter future missions?

5) Who exactly are Alfred Grimm, Dirk Hutten and Linz?

6) How far along the main storyline does this mission show up?

7) Is Thor's Hammer involved, or is this purely a Die Wolfe plot?

Editing

1) A folder with documents

Pop-up message: A folder filled with accounting records. The math doesn't add up on some of the entries, could be some sort of cipher. Either that, or these guys really need a new accountant. Better show it to Mikhalev either way.

Tool tip: A folder filled with dozens of papers that appear to be regular accounting records. Upon further examination, you notice that some of the number sequences resemble some sort of code. Mikhalev will definitely want to look at it.

2) A hastily written note (Danilov and Sovkov both real)

Pop-up message: Someone was trying to get Linz to kill both Danilov and Sovkov and take over their operation... Could it be a 'mole' among Mikhalev's staff?

Tool tip: "Linz, the Captain is about to start selling to Grimm. Deal with him and his associate and I'll make sure you get your fair share and regular shipments once their operation is assigned to me." Unfortunately, the signature is unintelligible.

3) A hastily written note (Either Danilov or Sovkov fake)

Pop-up message: Someone was trying to incite Linz to kill Danilov. It's signed "D"... who could that be?

Tool tip: "Linz, the Captain made contact with Grimm's people today. It won't be long till he starts working with your competitor. I am sure you know what needs to be done. Once he is out of the picture - better prices and more regular shipments for you."

Signed "D"

4) A hastily written note (Danilov and Sovkov both fake)

Pop-up message: It appears someone ordered Linz to get rid of both Danilov and Sovkov. Who could Linz be working for?

Tool tip: "Linz, our current suppliers are planning to establish a business arrangement with our competitor. I don't need to tell you what to do. When you are finished with them, find us a new supplier."

Signed "H"

5) Mikhalev's 3rd from last dialogue sequence from Intro (change underlined)

Mikhalev: The bodies of two of his associates were found floating in the river today, both with gunshot wounds to the back. All three of them had been tasked with investigating alcohol smuggling. Danilov was in charge. Find anything that might establish or disprove his involvement in the incident. I believe you will find answers to Herr Lander's questions there as well.

Questions 1) Is it completely random which combination the player gets, or can they influence it? 2) What happened to the real Sovkov in the combinations where the fake one shows up? 3) What does Herr Lander (the mission giver) have to do with all this? 4) Will these different combinations heavily alter future missions? 5) Who exactly are Alfred Grimm, Dirk Hutten and Linz? 6) How far along the main storyline does this mission show up? 7) Is Thor's Hammer involved, or is this purely a Die Wolfe plot?

Thank you for editing, Ecthel.

I'll try to answer your questions here:

(Keep in mind: it's raw and not fully developed).

1. At this point in development it's random. 4 different map variants randomly loaded upon entering the encounter (25% chance).

2. Sovkov was an internal transfer in ~1946, everything seemed to be in order: papers, qualifications.

He is either a fake from the very start (i.e. real Sovkov never existed), or is a real agent. Ideas???

3. Herr Lander has connections, responsibilities and obligations. Even though he is a part of a much larger financial organization - he enjoys a resonable degree of independency. As far as the player is concerned: Lander's actions are not limited by political allegiances and territorial bounderies, his real motivations are unknown (aside from normal banker's aspirations) and his connection to Mikhalev is out of necessity (can't send operatives to East Germany without the consent from the local 'watchdogs') at least on the surface. Ideas???

4. The next few missions - yes (how? not certain yet). Ideas????

I thought of making Danilov or Sovkov join the player's party at some point (in a stand-alone scenario, perhaps)... Not sure yet...

5. Alfred Grimm is a 'Crime' Boss in West Berlin. Supplies the Allied soldiers with various types of entertainment: alcohol (has his own distillery in Zehlendorf or Wansee, making hard liquor), girls (bordello) and underground fun (fight clubs and gambling). Needs wine and beer... A reasonable and cautious individual. Rarely seen in public...

Dirk Hutten is a nephew of one of the city's officials. A real scumbag and a phychopath. Unscrupulous, nasty and vengeful. His activities include: alcohol and drug smuggling, drug dealing, suspected in kidnappings and murders (He is also a member of a right-wing organization Reichsfront)

Linz works for Hutten and is his right-hand man.

6. As soon as you get to the base.

7. Would you like TH to be involved? (Currently it's D.W. and a few other parties: CIA, the Professor, small criminal groups.)

I like how you randomized it, that is really Silent Storm style! Excellent work...I still have my trouble reading through this tho...kinda confusing when you havent played the mission or dont know the real background...

Thank you. We are still fleshing it out (trying to use some of my previous work and ideas in this mod)

Just realized - STASI was created in 02/1950.

Hmm... what was E. German State Security called before that? (or was it just Soviet Military?)

Now, to further complicate the plot:

Mission_Counterfeit13%2528Danilov%2529.png

Mission_Counterfeit14%2528Danilov%2529.png

???

Spooky...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

well...a quick wikipedia search brings this up:

Das Ministerium für Staatssicherheit baute bei seiner Gründung am 8. Februar 1950 auf zwei Vorgängerorganisationen sowjetischer Prägung auf. Die sowjetischen Ministerien für Inneres und für Staatssicherheit (NKWD/NKGB bzw. MWD/MGB) installierten unter Lawrenti Beria eine Reihe von selbstständigen, umfangreichen nachrichtendienstlich und polizeilich aktiven Apparaten in der sowjetischen Besatzungszone. Ihr Leiter war zunächst der sowjetische Generaloberst Iwan A. Serow, ab 1946 Nikolai K. Kowaltschuk.

Die KPD hatte bald nach der Ankunft der Moskauer KPD-Kader einen Nachrichtendienst für die Partei aufgebaut. Im August 1946 veranlasste die SED die Gründung der Deutschen Verwaltung des Inneren (DVdI) und darin eines Nachrichtendienstes namens Hauptverwaltung zum Schutze der Volkswirtschaft. Dieser vereinheitlichte ab 1948 die politische Polizei unter der Bezeichnung „K5“. Darüber hinaus führte die „Hauptverwaltung zum Schutze der Volkswirtschaft“ geheimdienstliche Operationen und Aufgaben durch. Ihr Personalbestand begann 1946 mit 160 Mitarbeitern und stieg innerhalb von zwei Jahren auf 700 Mitarbeiter im April 1948 an. Die K5-Abteilungen gehörten zur Kriminalpolizei und waren vor allem dazu eingerichtet worden, die von der Besatzungsmacht geforderte rasche Entnazifizierung voranzutreiben. Mitarbeiter des K5 loteten quer über die Besatzungszone ehemalige NS-Funktionäre aus und führten sie der Justiz zwecks einer schnellen Aburteilung zu. Die „K5“ war damit eine politische Polizei.[3]

So, it has to be K5, but that is _still_ 1948...I dont know...

Regarding THO, I think there isnt much of a point having them EVERYWHERE, I think its just fine to have a couple of missions without them. I mean we fought them in SS2 and 3, this mod could work perfectly without them being a "major" faction.

To voice my opinon here I think all major edits to gameplay (like the infection, removal of recruitment screen etc) should be optional like the zombie stuff is now, It's there but you dont have to go there, I hope you dont remove the recruitment screen but perhaps make another one which allows you to "unlock" characthers after you meet them, that way you dont forcibly alter the vanilla experince but rather add a new layer to it tongue.png

Well, it was just an idea that we recruit additional mercs during missions/Random encounters instead of using the recruitment screen, but I think that will be kind of problematic, because you need to create a team from the start, seeing that you cant do missions all alone. Maybe we should instead have additional mercs be unlockable.

BTW: just so for those that dont speak/read german: the article posted says that before the STASI was founded, there was a organization founded and run by the NKDW/MGB that would later be called K5 and was part of the Police. Before that the Intelligence Service was part of the KPD the German Communist Party. My guess is that it was under soviet control at the time. There was also the Agency for Protection of the National Economy who ran Intelligence operations as well.

There is no need to worry. If we do decide to implement any changes to hiring it will only affect the custom campaign leaving the vanilla one intact. I really don't see where all this "concerns" are coming from.

I am not interested in messing with vanilla.

Thanks for posting the 'STASI' predecessor info, dimovsky. And for interpreting it, Lt.

So, what would I call that agency/ organization in 1948 if I were to refer to it in various dialogs or hint pop-ups? East German State Security Office, K5, Agency for Protection of National Economy (APNE)?

Did they have a logo, btw?

The Security ID card HINT texts are ready for editing:

TitleString: Danilov's Blue ID Card

(image)

BodyString: Danilov's identification. His photo and all the appropriate stamps and signatures are present. Appears to be authentic.

----------------------------------

RPG item descriptions are ready for editing:

NameID: Danilov's Blue ID

ToolTipID: The card appears to be autentic. Legitimate signatures, MGB official stamps, correct dates and the Captain's photo all look genuine.

Currently the Blue ('full' face) and the Red ('gaunt' face) ones have the same desciptions. Should I make them different? How different?

We receive that Hint upon picking up the ID Card (Danilov is either dead or we find it in his house or he is dead and we find another one in his house)

The idea behind those cards with two slightly different Danilovs:

In East Germany Mikhalev finds a major who served with Danilov a few years ago - they insist that the real Danilov is the one with slightly gaunt features. Moscow, on the other hand, insists that Danilov has fuller face - not gaunt. (Those decriptions can also be reversed)

Explanation: 1) if real Danilov has gaunt face - it's because he had an operation (gall bladder removal) a few weeks before leaving Moscow. Moscow confirms 'gaunt' Danilov

The creators/handlers of fake Danilov, his double with fuller face, were not aware of that change in his appearance - thus the discrepancy. The major, Mikhalev found, confirms 'fuller face' Danilov as the one he used to know.

2) if the real Danilov has fuller face - he might have lost his wife to an accident or cancer and started overeating (or offer a different reason :) ) a few weeks before leaving for E. Germany. Moscow confirms 'fuller face' Danilov.

The creators/handlers of fake Danilov, his double with gaunt face, were not aware of that change in his appearance - thus the discrepancy. The major, Mikhalev found, confirms 'gaunt face' Danilov as the one he used to know.

What evidence would we find in the house that would help us determine the truth:

- cook books (for real 'fuller face' overeating Danilov) Ideas???

- pills (fat emulsifying enzimes, for real Danilov without gallbladder) Ideas???

- dieting literature ('fuller face' real Danilov) Ideas???

- facial hygiene utensils (for fake Danilov to take care of his reconstucted face) Ideas???

- Ideas???

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Upon entering the encounter we witness a heated exchange between Linz (smuggler boss) and Danilov (our target).

DanilovLinzDlg1:

Captain Danilov: ... precisely, just two more days and you'll get the rest of the merchandise…

Smuggler Boss: (annoyed) Oh, save it "Captain", you told me the same thing last week. I am beginning to think you've got no more merchandise. Perhaps, we need to have a different kind of talk with you... eh?

Captain Danilov: I can't believe it. I arranged a free passage for you, bribed the railroad guards, have always been on time and all I get in return is threats?

Smuggler Boss: (raising his voice): Oh, that's right, the guards…Actually, I am curious how much you had to do with them demanding more money for the "free passage" you arranged.

Captain Danilov: What are you talking about?!

Smuggler Boss: Oh, don't pretend you didn't know. You think you can take my money, make me wait and "tax" me at the border? You think I am an amateur? I've got news for you, "Captain"! Last night, both of your greedy little friends went for a swim, permanently.

-------------------------------

At this point we get a pop-up message (Yes/No dialog) just like the one before the mission "Border":

"The Smugglers are about to jump Danilov. Would you like to intervene (Yes) or let it play out on its own (No)?"

------------------------------

If we choose "YES" - Elisa/Anna and several Grimm bandits are removed from the scene (leaving just our party, Danilov and a large number of Smugglers. Before approaching Danilov our Hero cries out:

InterveneDlg1:

You: Comrade Captain! I'd like a word with you, Comrade Captain!...

Then the Hero walks up to them and a new conversation starts:

------------------------------

InterveneDlg2:

You: Sorry, Comrade Captain, couldn't get to you earlier. We had a slight problem with our supplier, but it's been resolved finally. They'll resume their regular shipments tomorrow afternoon.

Captain Danilov: (playing along) Err…Good. Very good. I'm glad you've been luckier than me negotiating with them…

You: (checking out the Smugglers) …Is everything all right? I heard some yelling…

Captain Danilov: (dismissively) Ah, not a big deal…My associates and I are having a bit of a disagreement here… As you might have overheard Mister Linz here is...

You: (surprised) Oh…err..Mister Linz, your reputation certainly precedes you. It is nice to have you as a business partner. You won't believe how hard it is to find a reliable distributor nowdays…especially ones(nodding towards the goons at the truck) with a solid backup...

----------------------------

InterveneDlg3:

Smuggler Boss: (flattered but cautious) …Hmm…That description fits me quite well…Back to our "disagreement"....(grinning) How about some compensation for my losses?

You: Compensation?

Smuggler Boss: Yes, compensation. We've had a 10 day lag in our operations. There are a lot of thirsty Yankees in Zehlendorf, and if I don't give them what they want, they'll start looking elsewhere to satisfy their needs.

---------------------------

InterveneDlg4:

Captain Danilov: All right, Linz, I'll compensate your "losses". Wait here. I'll bring the money.

Smuggler Boss: (hesitating) Umm...Fine, just don't take all night, "captain"…

--------------------------

InterveneDlg4_Danilov:

Captain Danilov: (to you) And you! Come with me. You've still got some explaining to do.

--------------------------

After this, Danilov and our Hero (the rest of the party is positioned behind the house) go inside and another scene starts:

InterveneDlg5:

Captain Danilov: I don't know who you are, but that was brilliant out there…(studying your face for a moment) Mikhalev sent you?

You: (.....)

Captain Danilov: Figures. I didn't have anything to do with the deaths of those RR guards. They must have gotten greedy or something... I don't know. Poor bastards...

You: So, you think he's here to kill you?

Captain Danilov: (squinting) I believe so. Something must have stirred him up to behave like this. Linz has never been so bold before and never brought so many of his men with him.

You: That means we've got a fight on our hands. I understand you don't plan on giving him any money...

Captain Danilov: His idiotic "compensation"? Nah. (looking at you again) Do you think we stand a chance if they attack?

You: If we join forces, we might be able to kill him before he kills us.

Captain Danilov: (grinning) You appear very optimistic in life-death situations … (Listening to something) Seems like somebody's talking outside. Shh….

-------------------------

Now we are outside where Linz is talking to one of his men:

InterveneDlg6:

Smuggler Boss: Hey, "Captain"! My patience is running out… Where is my money?

Smuggler: I don't like it, boss. It's been quite a while since they entered the house. How about this: we go in, drop those fools and take whatever they've got in there.

Smuggler Boss: Hmmm…If my source is correct, he is going to ditch us anyway. Did you talk to the boys about it?

Smuggler: Yeah, in the car on our way here. They didn't like that Russian swine from the start…

Smuggler Boss: (considering his options) All right, let's do it then. Gather up the boys, keep it down and don't leave any witnesses.

InterveneDlg7:

You: I guess, they made the decision for us... I hear footsteps. Prepare your weapon, Captain, and watch those windows.

Now our task is to eliminate the attacking smugglers. Danilov is an ally but not part of our group.

Once they are all dead - Danilov (if alive) talks to us again:

InterveneDlg8:

Captain Danilov: Thank you, I wouldn't have made it without your help.

You: You're welcome, but that's not why I'm here.

Captain Danilov: If it's about those dead officers - I had nothing to do with it. You heard Linz, they got greedy, he killed them. (looking at his watch) I really need to go...

You: You are not going anywhere. Not until I get some answers from you.

Captain Danilov: (frustrated) Look, I appreciate your assistance but I still have some business to conduct elsewhere and I am already late.

------------------------

At this point we get another pop-up message (Yes/No dialog):

"You can let Danilov leave (Yes) or you can delay his departure while you search around the place (No). However, the latter choice might have undesirable consequences."

------------------------

If we choose "Yes" then:

InterveneDlg9_Yes:

You: Where are you going?

Captain Danilov: (looking at you intently) Listen, if you want to help, give this to Mikhalev. He will know what to do.

{FOLDER GIVEN}

You: Alright, fine. Get out of here.

------------------------

If we choose "NO" then:

InterveneDlg9_No:

You: Late or not, just give me a moment to look around before I let you go.

Captain Danilov: (angrily) You're making a mistake. You have no idea what's going to happen if I don't get where I need to go.

You: Calm down. It won't take long. Give me your ID.

Danilov gives ID.

-----------------------

The player now has several turns(10 or so) to look around and make a decision.

After the turns are up, Danilov initiates another conversation:

InterveneDlg9_No_1:

Captain Danilov: I can't wait any longer. I must leave at once!

------------------------

"The captain seems to be reaching for his weapon. Are you going to let him go(Yes) or not(No)? He's likely to turn hostile if you keep him for much longer."

InterveneDlg9_No_1_Yes:

If we choose "YES" then:

Captain Danilov: Finally! I hope it was worth the wait.

Captain Danilov: (hands you a folder) Just give this to Mikhalev. He'll know what to do.

You: Alright. Get out of here.

----------------------

If we choose "No" then:

Danilov turns hostile and you'll need to kill him. You'll find a folder on his body.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Regarding teh characters question, Id just like to say that pretty much all of the stock characters are hillarious, and most of them have good/funny voice acting (I doubt they seriously tried imitating a specific accent, for example when the baltic sniper says "I do right away" - thats pure parody), so Im rather for using the 2nd locker of the Majors room, which was locked before. (that is, if it is possible, or if it doesnt get opened later on in the campaign...still havent played thru whole Sentinels).

Regarding the naming question, if I remember correctly, we are talking about Danilovs wife? And he is smuggling? I think APNE wouldnt be a good choice, then. Also, is it 1948 or 1947 we are now talking about? In case its 1948 you could go with K5, if 1947 then its more difficult, EGSSO was made, if I understand it properly, out of russian/soviet officials, so how would she work there as an agent? She could always be a secretary tho. And in that case, APNE secretary. This way she would be able to help out Danilov so he and his companions dont get captured/arrested for their works...Wait thats in West Germany...ahh Im confused :P(keep in mind I havent read the last 2-3 pages again before posting this)

Answered Questions/Suggestions

1) I think it would make more sense if Sovkov was a real agent, but then replaced by a Die Wolfe double. Alternately, perhaps Sovkov is real in both cases, but he's a Die Wolfe double agent in one and a genuinely loyal agent in the other.

2) That's interesting info about Herr Lander, but what I meant was "Why did Herr Lander give the player this mission?". Is one of his friends losing money because of the smugglers, or is he curious about where all that really good vodka is coming from biggrin.png, or something like that.

3) Well, I have a few ideas on the general direction:

3.1) (Danilov - Real, Sovkov - Real) Focuses on finding the mole.

3.1.1) If Danilov survived, perhaps have his survival be a secret that's revealed one by one to members of Mikhalev's staff? If the mole is sending regular reports and the player can intercept them, then they can figure which one it is depending on who was informed around the time the report was sent.

3.1.2) If he's dead, then have his death be a secret as well with the same procedure as above?

3.2) (Danilov - Fake, Sovkov - Real) Focuses on finding fake Danilov's handlers before they realize he's dead.

3.3) (Danilov - Real, Sovkov - Fake) Focuses on catching fake/double agent Sovkov and his handlers.

3.4) (Danilov - Fake, Sovkov - Fake) Focuses on the smuggling operation and on finding out who replaced both agents.

3.4.1) Initially, perhaps have the player not realize the two are fakes and focus on Dirk Hutten first? After they've investigated Hutten, Mikhalev finds out that both are fakes (perhaps have Moscow's response be delayed?) and then the player needs to find out who their handlers were.

4) I don't think Thor's Hammer needs to be involved, the plot seems complicated enough already. This kind of infiltration just seemed like their style to me, which was why I asked.

Double Danilov

So they really did have different faces and body types, I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Anyway:

TitleString: Danilov's ID Card (Blue/Red)

NameID: Danilov's ID (Blue/Red)

ToolTipID: The card appears to be authentic. The signatures are legitimate, the stamps are authentic MGB official stamps, all the dates are correct and the Captain's photo looks genuine. He looks a bit fat (Blue)/gaunt (Red).

As for clues, how about:

1) (Gaunt Danilov - Fake) A very exact hand-written guide on how to safely maintain a low weight level.

2) (Gaunt Danilov - Fake) An unsigned note reminding Danilov to not lose too much weight.

3) (Fat Danilov - Fake) A list of food items, with very precise notes on when and how much should be eaten.

4) (Fat Danilov - Fake) An unsigned note stating "We'll cover your food expenses if their provided allowance isn't enough, but don't go overboard."

5) (Gaunt Danilov - Real) A note from Danilov's doctor stating that he's lost a dangerous amount of weight on his previous mission and needs to regain some.

6) (Gaunt Danilov - Real) A journal entry noting that he hasn't fully recovered from a weight-loss causing illness he contracted shortly before the Potsdam mission.

7) (Fat Danilov - Real) A note from Danilov's psychologist stating that his overeating is because he keenly remembers what it's like to be starving.

8) (Fat Danilov - Real) A journal entry remarking that Elisa's way too good a cook and it's difficult not eat a lot. The same entry wonders if she'd be interested in making their 'marriage' real. biggrin.png

I hope these give you some further ideas even if you don't use them.

All right, just to clarify - the ciphered folder might be:

- a decoy folder (given to you by fake Danilov)

- documents about the 'mole' (given to you or dropped by real Danilov)

- documents about the Soviet intel operation (dropped by fake Danilov)

"The Smugglers are about to jump Danilov. Would you like to intervene (Yes) or let it play out on its own (No)?"

If we choose "NO" - Danilov (real or fake), his 'wife' (Elisa or Anna), several Grimm bandits and a large number of smugglers remain present on the map.

Danilov - Linz conversation escalates:

NotInterveneDlg1:

Captain Danilov: …All right, Linz, you made your point. Obviously they were idiots to cross a man like you. I'll find replacements for them.

Smuggler Boss: "Idiots"? Yes, but what should I call you now that I discovered you are planning to get in bed with Grimm, ah?

Captain Danilov: (widening his eyes) Grimm?

Smuggler Boss: That's right, I can see it in your face! You hoped I wouldn't find out?! Ha! I think it's time for you to join the swimming team. (to his men) Kill this lying swine! And don't leave any witnesses!

Danilov turns around and runs to the front door while Linz pulls out his gun, aims and shoots in Danilov's direction (but misses).

-----------------------------------

Danilov stops at the door, crouches and returns fire. Then calls out:

NotInterveneDlg2:

Captain Danilov: Elisa! Send Otto and his men down.

Elisa: They are already on the way. Oh, god! What are we going to do?

Captain Danilov: Don't worry, I am coming up. We'll lock the door and shoot anyone who tries to get in.

----------------------------------

We get another pop-up message:

"In this volatile situation you'll need to dispose of both the smugglers and the Otto's group to get to Danilov. In case you try to get to him earlier he's likely to shoot you on sight."

Smugglers (~15 of them) will be coming from the road (main and tributary), the Grimm bandits (~6) will be on the first and second floor.

Danilov and Elisa/Anna will hole up on the 3rd floor behind closed door. They are hostile to you until you kill all the others.

---------------------------------

Once all the smugglers and the Grimm bandits are dead a conversation starts:

NotInterveneDlg3:

You: Hey, is anyone there? Captain Danilov?

Captain Danilov: Huh? Who is this?

You: Mikhailev sent me. Don't shoot. I am coming up.

--------------------------------

We are 'teleported' to the 3rd floor and another conversation starts with Danilov and Elisa/Anna present

NotInterveneDlg4:

Captain Danilov: You said Lieutenant Colonel sent you? If it's about those dead officers - I had nothing to do with it. You heard Linz, they got greedy, he killed them.

You: I believe you.

Captain Danilov: (looking at his watch) Is that all Mikhalev wanted to know?

Elisa: Fedor, there is no time. We need to go!

Captain Danilov: I know... (to you) Can we go now?

You: You are not going anywhere. Not until I get some answers from you.

Captain Danilov: (frustrated) Look, we really have some business to conduct elsewhere and we are already late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can let Danilov and his wife leave (Yes) or you can delay their departure while you search around the place (No). However, the latter choice might have undesirable consequences."

------------------------

If we choose "Yes" then:

InterveneDlg9_Yes:

Captain Danilov: (looking at you intently) Listen, if you want to help, give this to Mikhalev. He will know what to do.

{FOLDER GIVEN}

You: Alright, fine. Get out of here.

------------------------

If we choose "NO" then:

NotInterveneDlg5:

You: Late or not, just give me a moment to look around before I let you go.

Captain Danilov: (angrily) You're making a mistake. You have no idea what's going to happen if we don't get where we need to go.

You: Calm down. It won't take long. Give me your ID.

Danilov gives ID.

-----------------------

The player now has several turns(10 or so) to look around and make a decision.

After the turns are up, Danilov initiates another conversation:

NotInterveneDlg6:

Captain Danilov: We can't wait any longer. We must leave at once!

------------------------

"The Captain and his wife seem to be getting ready to attack. Are you going to let them go(Yes) or not(No)? They're likely to turn hostile if you keep them for much longer."

InterveneDlg9_No_1_Yes:

If we choose "YES" then:

Captain Danilov: Finally! I hope it was worth the wait.

Captain Danilov: (hands you a folder) Just give this to Mikhalev. He'll know what to do.

You: Alright. Get out of here.

----------------------

If we choose "No" then:

Danilov and Elisa/Anna turn hostile and you'll need to kill them. You'll find a folder on Danilov's body.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Regarding teh characters question, Id just like to say that pretty much all of the stock characters are hillarious, and most of them have good/funny voice acting (I doubt they seriously tried imitating a specific accent, for example when the baltic sniper says "I do right away" - thats pure parody), so Im rather for using the 2nd locker of the Majors room, which was locked before. (that is, if it is possible, or if it doesnt get opened later on in the campaign...still havent played thru whole Sentinels).

Once we get a hold of Ack xls file (required for creating character replies) we'll be able to create our own.

As for the current hirelings - I have trouble 'connecting' with most of them (notable exceptions to that are Klaus, Viper, Gator, Mike and the female main character).

Regarding the naming question, if I remember correctly, we are talking about Danilovs wife? And he is smuggling? I think APNE wouldnt be a good choice, then. Also, is it 1948 or 1947 we are now talking about? In case its 1948 you could go with K5, if 1947 then its more difficult, EGSSO was made, if I understand it properly, out of russian/soviet officials, so how would she work there as an agent? She could always be a secretary tho. And in that case, APNE secretary. This way she would be able to help out Danilov so he and his companions dont get captured/arrested for their works...Wait thats in West Germany...ahh Im confused tongue.png(keep in mind I havent read the last 2-3 pages again before posting this)

So, it's going to be K5 State Security Agency (East Germany, 1948) then?...

You see, initially I intended to use this as the first several missions in my "Back to Berlin" plot, taking place in 1950 in East/West Berlin following the events transpired in Hammer & Sickle (I don't know whether you are familiar with that game).

That means the political details and some of the dates would need some adjustment.

Thanks for the info, dimovsky.

Answered Questions/Suggestions

1) I think it would make more sense if Sovkov was a real agent, but then replaced by a Die Wolfe double. Alternately, perhaps Sovkov is real in both cases, but he's a Die Wolfe double agent in one and a genuinely loyal agent in the other.

2) That's interesting info about Herr Lander, but what I meant was "Why did Herr Lander give the player this mission?". Is one of his friends losing money because of the smugglers, or is he curious about where all that really good vodka is coming from biggrin.png, or something like that.

3) Well, I have a few ideas on the general direction:

3.1) (Danilov - Real, Sovkov - Real) Focuses on finding the mole.

3.1.1) If Danilov survived, perhaps have his survival be a secret that's revealed one by one to members of Mikhalev's staff? If the mole is sending regular reports and the player can intercept them, then they can figure which one it is depending on who was informed around the time the report was sent.

3.1.2) If he's dead, then have his death be a secret as well with the same procedure as above?

3.2) (Danilov - Fake, Sovkov - Real) Focuses on finding fake Danilov's handlers before they realize he's dead.

3.3) (Danilov - Real, Sovkov - Fake) Focuses on catching fake/double agent Sovkov and his handlers.

3.4) (Danilov - Fake, Sovkov - Fake) Focuses on the smuggling operation and on finding out who replaced both agents.

3.4.1) Initially, perhaps have the player not realize the two are fakes and focus on Dirk Hutten first? After they've investigated Hutten, Mikhalev finds out that both are fakes (perhaps have Moscow's response be delayed?) and then the player needs to find out who their handlers were.

4) I don't think Thor's Hammer needs to be involved, the plot seems complicated enough already. This kind of infiltration just seemed like their style to me, which was why I asked.

Double Danilov

So they really did have different faces and body types, I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Anyway:

TitleString: Danilov's ID Card (Blue/Red)

NameID: Danilov's ID (Blue/Red)

ToolTipID: The card appears to be authentic. The signatures are legitimate, the stamps are authentic MGB official stamps, all the dates are correct and the Captain's photo looks genuine. He looks a bit fat (Blue)/gaunt (Red).

As for clues, how about:

1) (Gaunt Danilov - Fake) A very exact hand-written guide on how to safely maintain a low weight level.

2) (Gaunt Danilov - Fake) An unsigned note reminding Danilov to not lose too much weight.

3) (Fat Danilov - Fake) A list of food items, with very precise notes on when and how much should be eaten.

4) (Fat Danilov - Fake) An unsigned note stating "We'll cover your food expenses if their provided allowance isn't enough, but don't go overboard."

5) (Gaunt Danilov - Real) A note from Danilov's doctor stating that he's lost a dangerous amount of weight on his previous mission and needs to regain some.

6) (Gaunt Danilov - Real) A journal entry noting that he hasn't fully recovered from a weight-loss causing illness he contracted shortly before the Potsdam mission.

7) (Fat Danilov - Real) A note from Danilov's psychologist stating that his overeating is because he keenly remembers what it's like to be starving.

8) (Fat Danilov - Real) A journal entry remarking that Elisa's way too good a cook and it's difficult not eat a lot. The same entry wonders if she'd be interested in making their 'marriage' real. biggrin.png

I hope these give you some further ideas even if you don't use them.

Very good stuff, thanks Ecthel. I'll see what I can do to incorporate those clues in the plot.

I think I'll need to redo the intervene vs. not intervene split. I've just reread it and it seems a bit redundant - it leads to the same outcome anyway. I should probably make it simpler - without a split (a modified "NO" version, perhaps)...

Anyways, back to Herr Lander and his involvement. Premises (including non-bank related):

- Banks are instituions with international connections, far reaching influences and are very sensitive to sudden changes in political climate, economic crisises, especially the ones involving devaluation of currency.

- Lander is an influencial western banker concerned about his bank's security and well-being.

- Significant amounts of counterfeit Deutschemarks and Ostmarks entered circulation recently.

- D.W. is not capable of successful direct confrontation with the Allies.

- D.W. needs to destabilize the economy to make people (Germans, perhaps others) mad. Mad enough to take up arms against the occupiers.

- Sudden currency devaluation (~20 times) would make people desperate.

- Lander's contacts suggest a location in East Germany as a possible place of origin of the counterfeit banknotes.

- East Germany is a Soviet occupied Zone. Mikhalev is in charge of an MGB branch in the area.

- Lander establishes contact (or knows Mikhalev somehow/ ideas???) with Mikhalev and asks for help.

- Mikhalev agrees but needs an outsider to achieve his own goals (find the mole, etc.).

- The player needs to work cooperatively with Mikhalev and his men.

- D.W. propaganda leaflets 'help' people see who the real source of their misery is (i.e. Allies and their irresponsible financial policies).

- Severe (-40F/-40C) winter is coming, food is scarce, major ocean and seaports freeze over (the Allies are not prepared for that)

- Suddenly major Soviet, British, French and American cities suffer from strange sickness (with most of the affected dying and some turning into homicidal maniacs), explosions and other terrorist acts.

- The Allies are forced to pull a significant number of their troops from Germany back home.

- D.W. agitates the population, recruits a lot of desperate and/or angry citizens, preparing for an uprising

- D.W. launches an attack on the remaining American, Soviet, British, French key military outposts in West and East Germany.

(The Hero will find evidence of some of that subversive activity while working with Mikhalev.)

Would that be a sufficient explanation? I know I'd need to write a dialog (Herr Lander 'hiring' Hero) to connect the dots.

(to be continued)

I like that. Not too familiar with Hammer and Sickle, but for the sake of this mod I might just aswell watch an LP of it.The naming seems to be fine, then.

Ive got a question tho : Hows progress on "faking" some of the weapons? Like those hungarian SMGs?

Also, a small request, could you bring back the original Axis Soldier uniform with goggles, as a seperate item from the current common Axis Soldier uniform?

PS:Do you mind if I report some "bugs" in terms of pricing? For example, 9mm Parabellum JHP for mauser pistols costs more then a 9mm Parabellum SMG clip, even tho the SMG clip has 22 shots more!