What's your screen resolution?

Pete

Screen Res  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What screen resolution do you use?

• < 800 x 600
    • 800 x 600
    • 1024 x 768
    • 1152 x 864
    • 1280 x 960
    • > 1280 x 960

I have a liking for 1024x768 - Even though my LCD monitors native resolution seems to be 1280x1024.

Don't like this LCD screen much, it won't display low resolutions correctly and seems to have no manual vertical adjust to compensate for that.

Looks like it's finally happening - last time I did a poll like this there were a lot more users under 1024 x 768.

...not that any of this is influencing any site designs I may be doing or anything... :eh:

Cool. Firefox has a quarter of the browser market! :eh:

Just out of interest, who here using Internet Explorer will be upgrading to IE7 as soon as it's released (sometime soon apparently).

I may just have to be mean to those 20% of folks running 800 x 600. Sorry guys.

In the short run I have used my play-spare time for EU and JA2 and my resolution is ... well, you may know. :eh:

My deskmachine runs on 1280x960 (need animation power for cpu power) and flaptop 1400x1050 settings (great for viewing 2D pics and reading in web). I can't play modern game on higher than 1280x960, yet.

I'm still running IE6, and won't be changing to IE7 until a few months have passed after it gets released. And even then I might be upgrading to FireFox... If it's not broken, don't fix it, is my motto, which is why I'm still using the default browser...

Well as soon as IE7 comes out I'm predicting that most graphics-heavy sites will start using transparent png's in their layouts (png is a graphics file type in case I lost anyone there) and only Opera, FF and IE7 will render them correctly.

Unfortunately, this is just one thing Microsoft should have introduced years ago so that us webmasters can make websites look even nicer :eh:

Personally I'll probably hold off for six months before I think about turning my back on IE6 users.

IE 6.x here. I'm going to take my sweet time upgrading to anything above, especially where M$ software is involved *sighs at the thought of a new, bug-ridden, security-impaired browser*

::

"Personally I'll probably hold off for six months before I think about turning my back on IE6 users."

Well, your kindness will not go unnoticed - that may yet spare your throat from my unyielding iron grip...

Probably... :mad: :eh:

Hey, personally I find FF slow and unresponsive. But then, I've been using Maxthon for a while, way back when it was still called MyIE2, and I've become used to it's features. Even when I went out and found all the plug-ins to make it as similar as possible, it still didn't match up to what I expected, so I switched back. As for IE7, I'll use it whenever the Maxthon team adapt to it.

Now, back to screen res's. I now have two monitors connected, my old IBM CRT (17" i think), and a newish 17" LCD (which of course, actually has 17" of screen), both running @ 1280x1024. I've found that having two screens is quite useful. For games, I have things like temperature monitors and Task Manager up on my second monitor so I have keep my eye on things.

I switched from IE 6 to Firefox about a month ago and wish I'd done it years ago....

However I was listening to a podcast from the BBC (Digital Planet, available from their website) a few weeks ago and they had a preview of IE 7. Although it saounded to me that they had ripped most of the features from Firefox, they were impressed with the new security and it is apparently a lot more secure and a lot less buggy.

Make of that what you will, the BBC is fairly neutral most of the time :eh:

Edit: Oh, and my 17" flat screen runs at 1280x1024