Social Roleplay

Mouse Nightshirt

Ilyuschenko was the first to arrive at the place, apart from the builders of course. This'll be fun, he thought, Doc counted till ten and everyone ran into the maze and the grenades were detonated, Kacur was nowhere to be found however.

The grenades were working fine, but he was just plain reckless and ran straight into it. First right, second left, straight on,BANG, straight into a midway board. Wich idiot placed this 1?, he asked. (sudden presence in mind) I did (presence ends). Great Kacur, just what we needed, boards in the middle of the place, he thought. Ilyuschenko however just felt around, and found a niche to the right, and went trough it. BioHazard went right, left, straight, straight, left again, right, right and was slammed by 1 of those nice little traps. "Just my luck". Turned back, went right, left, and felt Kacur standing behind him. "Just 1 of those days I guess" he thought, before seeing horrible pictures of people being tortured......

Ilyuschenko ran straight on took a turn left wich left Kacur unable of pinpointing his position. With shaking legs he stood against the wall for a minut and started to run trough the passage. Mumbling: "I need to find the exit fast", he slammed into some1 else, being Howardson. "Who's that?", at the same time said. "Oh, is it you Ilyuschenko?" Well yes, becarefull of Kacur, he's hidden somewhere with a PsiAmp, Psi-Panicing <<How do you in XCAS's name spell it?>> anyone nearing him.

<<Okay, that should be enough to get started, who's gonna bumb in who, who gets splattered against those anoying midway walls, and who gets hammered by those nice little traps.Ad, of course, who finds the exit first (Kacur your call not the Maze players, to keep it honest).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<To be frank I would propose that it doesn't really matter who wins. Just so long as there are enough posts on this first challenge before it ends and that the one, who decides that its about time for a character to win, makes the post as original (and realistic) as he/she possibly can. Pretty much like it was during the hide and seek game that was played on this forum. After a long thread of chases and an intense climax, I decided that it would be quite realistic (and unexpected) to end it that way. Try doing something similar here or if you have a better idea, go for it. :blink:

Allright the rest of you mugs, where the heck are you?! Post people, POST!!! :devil: :alien2: :devil: >>

• 2 weeks later...

<<Well, in order to (hopefully) boosten up this topic I might as well roleplay O'Conner.>>

Tim was running through the maze of utter chaos. He knew that navigation was definately going to be very tough, but he did have a few advantages. Namely the fact that he was after all an Intelligence Agent and also Kacur's roomate, therefore he could predict how he set this thing up quite a bit better than the other compettitors. Suddenly he was a bit out of breath and decided to stop. He then heard a few shouts from Howardson and Ilyuschenko from the west about several booby trapped tunnels, but it did not really distract him that much as he leant against a wall.

"Now let's see. I'm currently somewhere in the middle section of the maze. There seems to be tunnels throughout the place, though I hadn't encountered a single one AND I've been running like a hen through this place for quite a while, so I'm pretty certain that there aren't any here. Knowing Kacur and his damned psychological tricks that he pulls off a few times, I'd bet my money that he booby trapped them all except the one that leads towards the end. Well Howardson and Ilyuschenko have been b*tch*ng at the west part for a while now and they haven't found it. There are also no tunnels here so that only leaves..."

Suddenly he felt Martin's presence in his brain that did its very best to confuse and panic him, especially since Kacur did not like the nature of Tim's thoughts the least bit. O'Conner grabbed his head for a moment and grumbled at the psionisist in his head: "Ugh! Tough as this may be Kacur, you just approved my conclusion about the maze by trying to panic me when I started to think. Hehe! EAST IT IS THEN"

He began running towards the east whilst doing his best to avoid any walls in the middle of the paths and soon enough he fell into a tunnel. "Could this be it or is it just a trap? Well, only one way to find out..." and as he popped his head up on the other side he suddenly saw a shadow crossing over him. He quickly ducked inside the hole as the board slammed above him. "That ain't it." He was just making his way back as a smoker went off inside the tunnel. Tim quickly exited the place whilst gasping for fresh air.

"GAH! This is going to take time and energy, but I will find the exit Kacur"

<<Okay the rest of you nidiots (DH included) I command you to post and get hurt in this place of madness. :blink: >>

>

Private McBenneth looked about wildly as he tried to navigate the maze of tunnels. Frag, where's the exit to this cracked up place?

Heading to the left, McBenneth ran along. He had long since lost track of his position and orientation to the entry gates. Stopping at the deadend and frowned, reaching for the maze beeper. It had the map imprinted into it somehow, and would direct him out if he needed it... But he pulled his hand away. The guys are going to think I'm a sissy if I bail now! McBenneth dashed back and chose another tunnel.

The other troopers heard a howl as McBenneth tripped a stun trap.

<<finally, some decent posts>>

"Say Howardson, there should be a way to exit this place with Psi, but ,smart enough, I "forgot" my Psiamp, it's harder to do a decent Psi probe or something like that without it." Ilyuschenko (how surprising) said

"I know that it's possible, but what about Kacur? he has a Psiamp"

"I know, but i feel like cheating that way, much like using your beeper to show the right way, and then tell someone you like the way around"

"I see, well then let's get going, were will you go to?"

"Interrupting Kacurs plan", is Ilyuschenko's answer, while he grins

<<right, i need to do something about my writer skills>>

Kacur liked the conclusion of things. The closest to the exit was O'Conner but with random Psi-Panicing attacks he could be kept in dissaray, even if he did have a very clear and logical mind. As he was wandering somewhere a bit away from the real exit Kacur decided to break in his new Psionisist apprentice with a quick Psi-Panic attack. It wasn't long until he had found him as he was making himself very obvious from the psionic point of view. "Careless. Veeery careless my unexperienced apprentice." Kacur thought before entering his mind. "Is it Martin? Is it really so? Hehehe..."

This did not bode well for Kacur. He suddenly realized on that single occasion that his apprentices' defence skills were very high. In fact Kacur couldn't grab him properly and was desperately trying to unattach from him. But nothing worked as Ilyuschenko kept him locked inside very well indeed. Finnaly Kacur felt a sharp panicing feeling inside him and he started shaking uncontrollably. After 10 seconds he regained conciousness and realized that Ilyuschenko had managed to put him in a pretty good Psi-Shock. If it wasn't for his training Martin would probably be a vegetable. He then remembered a nasty thing. "O'Conner" He searched for the Intelligence Agent only to find him at the end of the course waving his arm and chocking sometimes from the smoke. The voice of Wiendhoven quickly erupted:

"That's it! O'Connor is victor of the first challenge! Now over to the deadly Shock obstacle course!"

<<hopefully this game will spice up the replies more than my maze :blink: >>

"Well, i think we'll need to clean up this Maze, Kacur. Any suggestions?"

"No, i have no idea, but since everyone else is outside, I wonder what we are going to do, Ilyuschenko"

"I do have 1, but I'll need your Psi-Amp and be outside this amazing Maze, so, let's beep up"

"No need to, I still know this Maze, even though that was quite a defense."

"Are you 2 just going to chat, or move along?"

"You appear at the strangest times possible Necro. But I think I'll go for the latter"

With this said, our 3 o so valiant soldiers went to the exit, in the mean time picking up Rallwell, Chung, Brainiacus and Ghost and taking them to the exit

"Kacur, may i have your Psi-Amp? I left mine in the Armoury"

"Sure, why?"

"I first want to be sure there is nobody left in the Maze."

"An amazingly logical thought, Ilyuschenko, I didn't think ypou was capable of doing that"

"Please cut the funny remarks, Brain, I have a feeling that Jacko is still inside, although I've heard that he is much like a Bad-Luck Vacuum, I think it would be smart NOT to make him suffer this"

(inside the Maze)

"Were is everyone? HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

(outside the Maze)

"Well, I guess we can be pretty sure Jacko is still lost inside"

*bit of laughing in the team*

"Well, think you can get him out?"

"Sure a Psi can do that, just need a mind link."

::Creating mindlink, entering Jacko's Brain::

"Jacko, it would help if you would use your beeper"

"Who's that?"

"How about Ilyuschenko? Now enough fooling around, the game is over, and the Maze will be cleared, so you need to be out of it"

"Sure, Biohazard"

::End of mindlink, exitting Jacko's brain::

"Well, all we need to do is wait"

Five minuts later, Jackson comes stumbling out of the construction, with a few bumps and bruises on him

"Well, there's Jacko, but what did he do to himself?"

"I dunno"

"Very smart statement Howardson, but I though you was smarter than just standing here"

"Kacur, O'Connor, get Jackson out of there"

"Can you do something yourself when inside this base, Howardson?"

"Yep, but i'm not planning to do anything right know"

In the meanwhile, Ilyuschenko had created a small ball of energy, colored by a dark pink and a very dark purple tone, wich was swirling like water in a glass.

"There goes the neighborhood"

The ball of energy starts to move away from the group, entering the Maze, and after going in the middle of it, the ball changed in a a disc and exploded, throwing all boards away, and setting of all grenades.

"Now that's quite a sight"

"To bad it's one shot only, I think I went to far on this one"

Ilyuschenko collapsed on the ground, unconscious from the huge amount of energy he put into the ball

<<Interesting, isn't it? and don't think of the explosion a Hollywood type, more like a airpressure discharge

Ilyuschenko will be ou of the count for the next obstacle course, because he's unconscious. don't worry, he'll have his memory complete, there was NO concusion>>

<<

In the meanwhile, Ilyuschenko had created a small ball of energy, colored by a dark pink and a very dark purple tone, wich was swirling like water in a glass.

"There goes the neighborhood"

The ball of energy starts to move away from the group, entering the Maze, and after going in the middle of it, the ball changed in a a disc and exploded, throwing all boards away, and setting of all grenades.

Bio, I would really appreciate it if you kept to the basic five rules of Psionics that are outlayed in the De-Briefing forum. Look I don't know about you but this is more like DBZ than X-Com. So for the last time...go along those five rules please! :hmmm:>>

The competitors proceeded somewhat dazed from the first challenge towards the next which was housed inside the hangar area. It did NOT look inviting! McBannok's mad scientist mind had truly reared its nasty side with this one.

The team saw a long elongated pool section in which several activated stun rods were placed. Above it were several "swingropes" comprised of some rope and activated stun rods at the tip. The challenge was clear. Time your jumps correctly or you will get a grip of the stun tip of the rod and get a lovely shock. Once you let go of course you would immediately fall into the electrocuted pool below. Though it wasn't deadly it was extremely uncomfortable to say the least and maddening to say the most!

"Gentelmen....to your posts"

<<Don't worry, my character is out for the count, atleast the entire roleplaying thread that is, as long as the obstacle coarse continues, and a while afterwards>>

" quick, get him to the medbay"

Yorke:"What happened?"

Weindhoven:"I have no idea, but he said he overdid himself."

"He just dropped"

"Well then, let's check his brain activity"

After Ilyuschenko was put into a kind of scanning machine, Yorke noticed that the brainwave activity was VERY low, like he was comatose or something

"Looks like he's out for quite a while, commander."

"A shame, i would like to know what happened"

<< this is the Social Roleplay only, so i'll be in the Sims, but as long as the coarse continues, i'm not in this tread for sure.>>

Richter sighed. He never had time for fun and games with all the administritive work he had to do. He momentarily idled, thinking why he was sitting at his desk, doing paperwork, of which quarter was in basic Ascidian, and not outside with everyone else. He picked up his bouncy ball, and started bouncing it off the door.

After idly doing so for 3 minutes, Yorke walked through the door. In an attempt to try and avoid hitting him, as he was in the process of throwing, he leant back. His chair didn't like it, and fell back. Richter clunked his head, and was knocked out.

"Goddamn you Commander..." uttered Yorke.

Martin decided to be the first in the challenge and bravely stepped up the steps to the platform higher up above the pool. He could see the "swingropes" going back and forth ahead of him, sparking menacingly from time to time. Martin exhaled as he jumped foward...

"First one....good (a bit low on the grab, almost fried my arm) second one.....okay (a bit too high, could've gotten a stab in the chest!) Hup, hap, hup, hap..."

Martin looked as if he was getting the swing of this (lol) he did his best not to concentrate on the electrocuted pool below and it seemed to work.

"What the?.... CRAMP IN The arm ...noooo"

As he reached out for the next rod he gripped it on the right side, but despite all of his cleching with his fist the muscles wouldn't obey. They just had to rest and his arm slid down on the rod immediately shocking him when he reached the tip. "YEOW"

Kacur fell into the pool below and began to go through a very shocking experience indeed, just as the team turned the rods in the pool off.

"Yoooooooure outta there" shouted Brainiacus. "Okay, who's the next victim?"

• 3 months later...

Brainiacus looked over to Necro with a sense of glee inside him and responded: "You don't have to heh heh. Still I'm being told the grand prize is quite something. Might actually take the boredom outta this place." he concluded with a grin.

Martin was meanwhile just being towed away by McBenneth and Rallwell and as soon as he was out of the pool the electricity was turned back on in the pool and the swingropes.

"NEXT" shouted the Colonel.

O'Connor was the next to proceed and he was quite good at it too, but just when he was approaching the middle of the course an SFC jumped from his pocket and bit his nose. Desperately using both hands to get rid of the critter he of course fell into the electric trap immediately. The Private lived but the SFC died (snif :blink: )

• 5 weeks later...

<<Time enough I think for a peice of wood........THE LARCH!!! :blink: >>

Necro being the brave fellow that he was decided to thrust himself forward into the monstrosity that was McBannok's creation. And already through the first few swings it was becoming obvious that the Heavy Weapons Expert's strenght was going to be of great value to him. He managed to navigate almost flawlessly through the course and did not have the slightest worry in the world. He had a good rythm to it as well so as to negate the chances of him missing one of the rods.

And in the end he landed gracefully at the end of the platform, an impressed audience clapping to him for this amazing feat that he had accomplished. He took several bows as he replied: "Thank you very much! I'm here all week"

Then he was ready to take the first step on the platform. But alas it just so happened that it was slippery from the water that had splashed its surface when it was loaded into the tank. Necro soon slipped and fell backwards, first hitting the edge of the platform with his back before rolling into the tank where sparks began to fly.

"Oooh Lord allmighty! That is not a nice way to finish up! But I.......guess.....that you completed the course, heheh. Well, that's the end of this round then. Now let's move on to the final round which was constructed by Howardson. The sliding floor of mines!

• 3 weeks later...

Ncro felt the cold water, and then that feeling that comes when you pee on an electric fence. "Damn my showmanship, you'll not get GAAAH (pulse number one) any autographs OOOHH (pulse number two) of meeeeaaaHHGGH (pulse number 3)". He began to swim to the edge of the tank, stopping periodically to be electrocuted, after a while it began to feel alright.

Then he was out, slightly shocked and soggy, but laughing.

"I enjoyed that, I want another go!"

With that he joined the back of the queue

<<heh, not really. Though I think that there is a necessary skill for constructing such a thing not to mention building broadcasters for the radio which would take up quite a lot of resources. I'm not so certain that the COs would approve of so much of them being devoted to a radio station :blush:

But sure why not. As long as it's at least so and so realistic. ;)>>

Terra listened to the yelps and howls of the other X-Com troopers going through the obstacle courses. She watched as some of them plunged into pools and electrocuted themselves on stun rods.

"Baka..." She whispered to herself quietly, thinking fools of them all. Quietly however she scanned each of the troops quickly, trying to see if either Yorke or Rallwell were the ones making fools of themselves. Seeing neither of them, she quietly sighed with relief. Not having to think of the two X-Com members she thought of as potential friends as the participants in the pointless contest.

Terra pondered for a minute, then left, walking away from the pool the other X-Com troops were playing in. A few moments later, she came back and reappeared by the pool with a fold-up chair. Unfolding it, she sat in it and watched as another trooper, Necro, she barely remembered the name returned to the line up at the beginning of the pool.

"Gotta use every source of amusement as possible," she muttered to herself quietly.

The team moved to the hangar room as Martin had recovered from the shocking experience he was just part of. He shook his head again and noticed the new Terra as she was sitting in her chair and decided to invite her: "Well Private, you can join in you know. There's one more contest and if you win you just might get the Ascadian grand prize...whatever it may be."

Terra just shook her head slightly and laughed quietly. Kacur took it as a sign of amusement, but actually of course, Fleche was thinking to herself "what idiots." Her reply came in quick as she got up and after folding her chair she followed the group to the hangar area, talking to Kacur along the way: "No thank you. I'll just watch the rest of you."

Martin felt his knees shaking a bit as he was getting nearer to her and decided to keep his distance then. He couldn't afford his shyness getting the best of him in this contest.

Sure enough in the final hangar room the place was laced with grease along with the occasional mine every now and then. Terra, being a medic obviously, looked rather worried at this sight and asked: "Um...are you guys tottaly insane?"

Jacko's reply came in right away. "What?! Oh no I'm not! The lobsters are that are trying to get me from your direction! Waaaaah" he ran straight into the greasy floor and slipped falling with a thud on his back, evoking chuckles from just about everyone except Terra. Brad then spoke into the loudspeaker:

"Okay people. There are currently 2 candidates that could win the grand prize based on their preformance: O'Connor and Necro. Anyone else could be the third, or if either of the first two win this one they automatically get the grand prize. The stage is set ladies so what are you waiting for?! Slide slide sliiiiide!

<<A little note about this forum. These games are not consistent with the current timeframe of XCAS. What I mean is that this post started a long time ago when we had nothing to do. So keep it in that mindframe and not the one where we currently are - being in NAO and just having defeated the Aliens. ;)

Also the explanation for Kacur's knees going weak is his shyness in front of women. He doesn't have a crush on Terra or anything like that he's just shy of women, especially agressive mahunter ones like Fox :blush:

The mines themselves are also not deadly. They cause a large shock and also a bit of pain but nothing serious. Just enough to hurt you and not damage you ;)>>

Terra Fleche grinned amusingly as she saw Lieutenant Kacur moved away after saying only a mere few words to her. He could be interesting to play around with, she thought to herself sadistically.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Corporal Necro with a somewhat familiar look on his face. The're all the same aren't they? she thought bitterly. Then added with amusement, Hmm... If anyone of them makes a pass at me I should set off the mines myself.

Fleche relaxed in the fold up chair a bit. But she kept her hand firmly attached to it. In case the opportunity arose where it could be used for more than just a chair.