UFO: Alien Invasion Updates

baby arm

The UFO: Alien Invasion crew has put up their monthly update on this Quake 2 Engine based X-COMalike. Here's a few tidbits:

# Fixes and performance improvements to the new pathfinding.

# Keybinding improvements, notably battlescape keybinding separation.

# Fixes to maps, including outdated data cleanup.

# Compilation fixes and improvements, including 7z support for pk3 archives.

# Geoscape fixes (destroyed UFOs now are removed properly, UFOs now also estimate location of the aircraft they are trying to intercept, fixes to incorrect UFO tracking lines, a hack for long distance estimation problems, radar overlay handling fixes, fixed occasional crash when aircraft meet, shortcut fixes and fixed automatic initial ammo addition.

# Updated textures.

# Campaign improvements (more gradual tech introduction, fixes to alien equipment assignment, ammo dependence fixes, more ammo added to the market, crashed UFO missions are now limited in time.

wallpaper1_800x600.jpg

I was just exposed to this yesterday and let me say, its very impressive for what it is. Me and my friend have been looking for a MULTIPLAYER squad combat turn based game for ever and I think we've just found it.

Just install the EXE, its open source.. no Quake II required as mentioned above.

The single player game is also done well, the only trick is that you can't save during missions... that's something the author has been very adamant about so plan ahead ;)