UFO: Afterlight Out Now!

baby arm

Are you going to post where the lowest prices can be found? I ordered it for $30.95US delivered (from the UK to the US) from CD WOW! USA. The price was lowered to $28.95 after I placed my order. :(

:( Sorry, I LOL-ed.

Is there an online store that does not require a credit card number and so forth (so that you pay after delivery)? I simply DO NOT want to give any more info than absolutely neccessary. I checked the registering window for the CD WOW and it seems not to need it, but I'd like to check it with you before I send them any info.

So how is it? I have the demo but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. I was on the verge of ordering a copy from GoGamer.Com but for some reason held off. Well... mainly my WoW BC addiction, that's why. :(

I'm baffled that one site claims it is true successor to X-Com yet another gave it a 5 out of 10. Guess there is no accounting for taste. So what it be like Slaughter? You playing it?

Anyone got a link for that lowest price? My credit card is on fire... :(

Eh...GameReactor.dk. :( *Spits in utter disgust when he writes the name*

But he doesn't know what he is talking about being a complete novice and giving up on the game due to great personal frustration with the game.

I too have now joined the ranks of the people waiting for a ticket to Mars as I have ordered a copy of UFO: Afterlight from Amazon.co.uk which had it in stock. Dispatch the 13th and with express delivery I should have it the 14th or 15th. One or two days ahead of danish/swedish release dates. I was going too wait for the digital download version which is out the 23th but I can't wait any longer despite my recent WoW adddiction which is fading out very quickly these days.

And if it doesn't show I'll be reprogramming (I have no ideas how to do it. But I'll learn) Amazon's webshop to send 0.10 Euro per purchase made to a tropical offshore account preferbly in the Seychelles....

Are you going to post where the lowest prices can be found? I ordered it for $30.95US delivered (from the UK to the US) from CD WOW! USA. The price was lowered to $28.95 after I placed my order. :(

:D Sorry, I LOL-ed.

Is there an online store that does not require a credit card number and so forth (so that you pay after delivery)? I simply DO NOT want to give any more info than absolutely neccessary. I checked the registering window for the CD WOW and it seems not to need it, but I'd like to check it with you before I send them any info.

Er, I don't think there is any website that's going to allow you to pay after delivery. Nice thought but I don't think it's a sustainable business model :(

As Pete says so long as you look for the SSL cert or an https:\\ address then you should be on a secure website. Only buy from the big trustworth sites as well (amazom.co.uk, play.com) and you'll be fine. Also if you buy with a credit and not debit card you'll be covered in the extremely unlikely event that someone clones your details.

Still Umming and Ahhing over whether or not to get this. I didn't bother with Aftershock but this does look better. I normally find Eurogamer to be a pretty good judge of a game but still not sure aftering being burnt by aftermath.

Is it better?

I guess you could say that you need to be into this kind of game genre.

And since you're hanging around here Sorbicol, then you do like this kind of games is my guess.

If you have tried the demo (It only scratches the surface) and liked it then go ahead and buy it. Besides you know where to find help if you have any kind of problem with UFO: Afterlight.

I guess you could say that you need to be into this kind of game genre.

And since you're hanging around here Sorbicol, then you do like this kind of games is my guess.

If you have tried the demo (It only scratches the surface) and liked it then go ahead and buy it. Besides you know where to find help if you have any kind of problem with UFO: Afterlight.

Mmmm. It's a fair point :( I think some of the problem I had with aftermath was that it just didn't live to my expectations. I have been playing with the afterlight demo and liked it a lot more than the one for Aftershock, just don't want to be on the recieving end of unwinnable odds again like Aftermath. I think I might wait a week or two and see if those "The difficultly has sky rocketed" threads start to appear again. I enjoy a challenge in a game, but not one were the PC has to "cheat" to win :D

EDIT: Makes 100 posts, only taken 3 years! Just another 150 years to go to catch Slaughter and Pete :(

I ordered it from CD WoW myself. Never heard of them but their price was great and free 7 to 10 day shipping to the US I can't complain.

I have yet to try the demo but I liked Aftermath & loved Aftershock (just never finished either). Hell, I'll play anything turn based/round based with any kind of squad or party based combat. The new look is a nice change also. Here's hoping they added even more variety to the levels. Aftershock was light-years ahead of Aftermath in that category. But even so after playing a few hundred missions on the dozens of levels they started to get old.

Picked up Brigade E5 at a local GameStop at a reduced price and I'm semi or fairly happy with it.

Can't wait to see the improvements they have made to Afterlight since it was a huge leap from Aftermath to Aftershock. This one should be far better. And some of the reviewers agree.

Slaughter, I've been lurking about as usual. Too many games and too little time... :(