Jagged Alliance 3D renamed JAZZ: Hired Guns

Slaughter

Strategy First cancelled the contract with GFI to develop Jagged Alliance 3 and 3D some time ago (story). While Strategy First started working on a new Jagged Alliance 3 with Akella (story), GFI will complete JAZZ: Hired Guns and release it in Q1 2007. You can read the full story at Gamer's Hell.

Thanks for the heads up EppuTheHeppu!

Ok, in this game, there should be some "untrendish" micro-management. At least so I've heard.

- Creating buildings, defendlines, militia, 4 squads, own railways, facilities, mines, diplomancies and stuff...

If true, then I'm more than ready for them... wohoo... kgrhn... but I'm an old fart. :)

It reminds me of B.A. Baracus' line:

Hannibal is on the jazz!

Otherwise it is a bit odd title....JAZZ: Hired Guns....It just doesn't sound right. Too bad SOF, Soldier of Fortune, Mercenaries or MERC all are taken. Private Military Company or PMC are just too farfetched.

My tb-freak-friends here in Finskala are little bit worried about the "Rusnglish" in this game... and I... have yo admit that I'm too. (I don't have good English but) JAZZ remains me my ex-girlfriend's crazy-lunatic cat and "Hired Guns" make no sense to me.

Okay, thanks. I just checked from dictionary and it really means "assasin, bodyguard, trouble solver". Live and learn (to check first). So, is it actually a historical western term for "pistol hero"? How do I have missed it even I have watched so much spaghetti westerns... and again and again.

In Finnish, there isn't a word "hired gun". So, it sounds to me like "Do I need to rent a gun? Why I can't just buy it?" :) It really sounds like that handgun what was "given" to me by army, or was I a hired gun... ouch! In previous post I actually meant that I wouldn't feel free to be hired in unlinear game... in JA2 I didn't, even it was started that way.

So, hmm... there "is" already a game called Hired Guns. Even it's a part name but... oh, np. I don't care.

About that fair English in games: Etherlords II (Nival) is a good example to me. I noted that there were odd English but it didn't bothered me a lot while playing. Yes, some card's descreptions I didn't understood at all but maybe my bäd English helped a little bit and gave me patience. My friends whom I tried to get come along to have a nice multiplayer match, told me that they can't play the game because its English gave them headache. I liked that game and it was a good idea for a game but... ok, it was their problem, period.

"Hired Guns" is fair english. Doesn't anyone remember the strange Amiga game anymore? (1993, Psygnosis)

You are refering to the one that split the screen in four?

I loved it. A;though it could get frustrating at times.

Space hulk ventured in a similar venuebut I cannot remember which one was first Hired guns or Space hulk