Other gaming news

[media=]

[/media]

::

Edit - some extra intel:

The game is based in London after mysterious McGuffin rockets land, forcing a complete evacuation of the city. Shadowy figures have hired teams of mercenaries to find the rockets and the rewards that come with the hardware.

Players must create a squad of unique mercenaries with customizable weapons, outfits, and abilities. The teams engage in humorous, tactical combat on a turn-based battlefield.

Combat can be waged offline with AI opponents or online against friends.

Well duh? Microsoft doesn't make money off the PC gaming market, they make money off the console gaming market. Ergo, doing what they can to kill the PC market is an obvious goal. :P

Errmmm... you forgot about many other business and development softwares. I think that they make more profit out of SQL Server than XBox games.

And about Mr. Gabe... Maybe Valve should concentrate on Half-Life and Left 4 Dead series and leave windows to other. I am not hearing any bad news about W8... sure the new Metro thing may be frustrating but this was said about the new Start menu in Windows XP. I get used to it in windows vista.

Errmmm... you forgot about many other business and development softwares. I think that they make more profit out of SQL Server than XBox games.

*snip*

I said PC /gaming/ market; not PC-in-general market. Bit of a difference there.

It could also lead to losing a portion of OS market. Which could only be good.

I don't HONESTLY think they're trying to run the PC-gaming market out simply for that reason. But sometimes I have to wonder(sometimes being 'everytime I look at Windows 8 stuff').

Ergo, doing what they can to kill the PC market is an obvious goal.

So how they can kill PC market if they are selling tons of stuff that I just said :P

I am not fanatic of Microsoft but people tend to overreact in wrong direction.

Just a reminder:

https://www.lolroflmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2002-Bill-Gates-introduces-the-tablet-PC-2010-Steve-Jobs-introduces-the-iPad.jpg

A few years ago, do you know that all the heavy graphics work was actually done on Mac's, and not pc, for any game out there? And still, to this day, that all games are programmed on the pc? The point is, while there are pc's around, they will never be truly written off for gaming.

More W8 hysteria...

W8 is not a closed platform as they are making it out to be, it only is on the RT (ARM tablet) version. Being a closed platform is a decision I don't really like, but I understand it as a business decision. They are trying to compete with the iPad/iPhone pair, which belong to an extremely close environment that plays no small part in their success; they are going to attempt to replicate this. By closing the ARM platform, they can have complete control over it, no outside interference, no malware (not from apps, at least), no OEM crapware, it's the same they are attempting to do with the Signature PCs.

Anyway, the x86 Windows8 version is not going to be (so far) as closed, and it's the one we're most likely to use, since most of us run 'hardcore' x86 games we're not likely to just throw away to switch completely to ARM.