Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burst mode for "unit targeting" weapons works ok as far as I can see, but for "ground targeting" weapons the damage is only counted for one projectile while more than 1 are "consumed". Easy to test really, just play until you get the SuperStriker and when you get an easy chance to have the guy target something save the game, then you can perform several test with aimed shots and burst shots with the same guy vs the same target.

Edit: Actually, it's not a matter of the weapon being in burst or aimed mode, but rather the projectile used per shot in any mode, it's just that this is more common to find in burst mode rather than aimed.

@Lurker: Thanks, got the files and now know the answer. One of the Cudgels is carrying a RPG-7 with Uranium warhead, he's firing it at your guy. The problem is: It doesn't come from the right direction! It get's even stranger: I had a similar constellation in one of my last battles and the rocket worked flawlessly. OTOH i had the same problems with the Spit-weapon of the spitter in the "old" 6.1 version, and once again: Sometimes it worked, sometimes the weapon came from a totally different position!!! (i changed the weapon type and it worked then)

Seems there is a "bug" or glitch making the rockets shot from aliens sometimes come from the wrong position. Sounds like the psi-weapon bug from the unpatched UFOAM.

OK, Slaughter, so we have found 2 new bugs:

1. The Grenade-Launcher-burst-bug

2. The projectile-from-hell-bug ;)

Can you mail Altar about them ? IIRC they are working on a 1.4 patch, maybe they can correct this, too.

@Lurker, that's a great crew you have there! ;)

I noticed one time that Altar was asking for saved games that demonstrate bugs in action.

I don't know whether they would be as excited about saved games created while using mods, but Altar should be, as mods can be very useful for bringing out quirks in a system.

Anyway, Aralez and Slaughter feel free to forward my projectile-from-the-nether-world saves to Altar, if someone there happens to indicate that they want to see them. You'll just have to warn the folks at Altar that the saves were created while using Rebalance 6.3.

It would be kind of cool, though, if Altar were to have a look at Rebalance 6.3 and then actually debug the symbiosis while creating patch 1.4. I imagine that only Altar would be in a position to really get the final kinks out of the system.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have the 1.3 patch, and using the 6.3 RBMOD. I have a problem with the M4-Colt. Since its a grenade launcher type weapon now. It only fires in burst mode, which is annoying if you only want to fire single shot. I also noticed that the single shot has no minimun range listed. Is that a bug? Whenever I aim at someone, before clicking to fire, it always says 100% chance to hit. Even with poor rifle skill. However the person firing can't hit it too often, or only does 70-150 damage with a burst. Also, if you stack the fire command multiple times on the target. Your person unloads his entire clip in about 2 seconds, then reloads insanely fast, and keeps firing. I've had 1 guy kill a group of chompers in a few seconds by using up 4 clips. Is there anyway to fix this? Makes the weapon kind of uber if you can unload so much ammo you kill anyone who happends to stumble into range. (Kinda annoying not knowing your chances of hitting a target either, since it always says 100% to hit)

I hope that made sense.

Najera

Hi again.

Another problem I have, is with whichever grenades cause the blue stuff. I just started a new game on the normal difficulty, first mission had a Morelman throw 3 grenades really fast, and all 3 of my guys died instantly. The grenade had a radius of like 12 squares in each direction. Are you supposed to get "nuked" on the first mission? lol

The M4 was made this way so it could fire the Grenade from it's Grenadethrower. Several people wanted that grenadethrower-combo and this was the only way to mod it. Burst for the 5.56 ammo and AIM for the grenade. But i will raise it's reload time a bit, ok!

Same for the weapons in the alien loadout, i made a poll about it and ~75% wanted them to be included.

The new weapons in the RBMOD made UFOAM a bit easier so we had to give that aliens some more weapons, so actually, yes you are supposed to be nuked in the first mission. :devil:

Maxbe you can spread out your crew next time, you'll see, by developing some tactics you will survive longer and longer ;) UFOAM is VERY hard during the time you "learn" to play it, later you will laugh at your starting errors, believe me.

Oh re the 100% accuracy, don't let you fool there, the game is wrong there ;)

----------------------------------------------------

Chenjesu, Kret, Lurker:

Regarding the two new UFOAM bugs: I could do a temporary fix for both of them (by deleting the RPG7 from the alien loadout and by replacing the grenade-launcher thing with a rocket-thing) Shall i go for it?

Well, the way I "fixed" the SuperStriker and the flame-thrower was to change the rounds used value of all modes to 1, and divided the value of the times by the original rounds used, and used that for the new times

SuperStriker:

ROUNDS_USED_AIMEDU 1

ROUNDS_USED_BURSTU 1

DAMAGE 200

CAPACITY 12

TIMES_RELOAD 3.0

TIMES_AIMEDT 2.0

TIMES_BURSTT 0.25

Flame-thrower:

ROUNDS_USED_AIMEDU 1

ROUNDS_USED_BURSTU 1

DAMAGE 600

CAPACITY 12

TIMES_RELOAD 6.0

TIMES_AIMEDT 0.58

TIMES_BURSTT 0.5

Anyway, for your M4, can't you create a new type of ammo for it?

Edit: The new SuperStriker of mine performed quite admirably vs a ret base attack, manage to chew up 3 Sun armored rets and 2 standard armor rets in about 3-4 secs (used 8 shots, the message logger was full with a list of damage dealt by that guy)

I did a similar fix. Re the M4: No, because of the sound files and animations for each ammo. I tried to keep the possibility to fire in burst and aim mode for the bullets, but you would hear a grenade sound then. So i had to do it the way i did.

Ok, uploaded. The link is the same, i only replaced the zip.

here the new readme-part:

-Removed the RPG-7 from the alien loadout due to a bug (thx Lurker)

-Fixed the Superstriker, Autocannon, Flamethrower as their burst mode didn't work correctly (Big thx, Kret and Chenjesu!)

-Raised reload time on M4 and OICW (thx for the tip, Najera)

Have fun!

Oh re the 100% accuracy, don't let you fool there, the game is wrong there  ;)

I think you misunderstood. I know the game is wrong, my problem was the fact that it showed me 100% accuracy. I have no clue what the actual chance to hit is. Which is what I usually base my firing decisions on. If you use the M4 your basically guessing if your soldier can hit the target or not. I was hoping someone would find a way to fix that...

On another note, the cyborg voice is really cool. except I have a normal female with the same face pic (without the cyborg coloring) named Ru who uses a guy's voice. I dunno if this is a simple mistake or not.

As far as I understood the value that appears when using grenades and other thrower/launcher weapon types, it displays the damage ratio that will be dealt on impact. Most of the time it will be 100%, but if there's obstacles (trees, crates, walls, etc...) the damage will be different. Not much else I found from this.

@Aralez:

Regarding the bugs listed above, you went the way I would have gone if I had been in your shoes. If you know how to fix them, you should fix them, because computer bugs have a way of multiplying distraction as time goes by. And, they always come back to haunt, or so it seems.

--

EDIT: After downloading and installing 6.4, I noticed that there is something on the Inventory screen on the OTHER tab at the bottom below the Molotov Cocktail that's counting up. It takes up space like an inventory item, but ALLITEMS doesn't reveal it, and it has no icon and doesn't transfer anything to a soldier when you try to drag it. I'm guessing it would be there too on the saved games I sent to you, Aralez. Wondering if it is a bug, or a result of all my cheats, or something that was needed to get the Poppers working, or whatever. Of course, as is fitting with my pre-EDIT message here just above, the invisible inventory item has gotten me curious.

--

Edit of my EDIT: Okay, at the end of the tactical mission while capturing my 29th base, I was looking through the list of equipment. A Cudgel was killing my PowerArmored soldiers in one shot with a GammaParticleThrower, and I needed to see what else the aliens were packing. Anyway, at the bottom of the list of captured equipment was:

%d

%d

I got two %d, and I imagine that those are the invisible things that are building up on my OTHER screen in the inventory. Afterall, Spitter spit is listed as such, and can be used by a soldier, so I don't think that the spit is it. But, during this tactical mission, there were no Poppers or Chompers, so the '%d' can't be Popper explosive either.

Using 6.4 of the Reblance.

Strange. I tried the allitems-cheat with my current game and played several missions against poppers and cudgels and do NOT have that problem. AND i tried your savegames and still do NOT have that problem. So actually, i'm clueless. Maybe it has something to do with the "hireunit-cheat"-instability you encountered some days ago? But i have to admit, i'm only guessing there ;)

After Aralez's input, I was beginning to wonder if I got the extra invisible items in my OTHER inventory due to a corrupted save because I started 6.4 from the Geoscape while my soldiers were in a chopper enroute to a mission. Best to switch to a new version while everyone is at the base and no choppers are in flight, or so I assume.

I figured I would go back to the last Geoscape save where everyone is at base and where the extra items are not in the inventory under the Molotov Cocktail, and then see if the extra items in OTHER resurface while I try to redo some of the missions.

I have no idea if the %d thing is tied in with the extra OTHER on the inventory screen or not.

When I get off work, I'll have to see if I can dredge up a saved tactical mission that produces %d's and send them off to Kret if I can find the right save for the job.

--

EDIT: Kret, I sent you a tactical mission that ends with some %d's in the capture list, and I also added Aralez as a recipient in case he wants to have a look.

I went back a couple of bases and found a Geoscape save that didn't have invisible items in the OTHER category and supposedly wasn't giving %d's.

Started with that and with Rebalance 6.4 in the directory. Went on a few missions, captured base 28 again, and so far no %d's or invisible items in inventory.

My assumption is that they were caused by switching from version 6.3 to version 6.4 while my soldiers were in a chopper enroute to a mission. Once they are offered and accepted, missions are hardcoded in a sense, and switching mods while the hardcode is in place probably undid a few of the supporting parameters and messed up my saves. Conclusion is to make sure that I only switch to new versions of the Rebalance mod while my chopper is not in flight and while I'm on the Geoscape.

I don't know if my conclusions and assumptions are right, but I no longer have invisible items in the OTHER category, and I'm no longer getting %d's in the captured inventory lists at the end of tactical missions.

Aralez's assurance that he wasn't seeing these things helped me to return to basics and find a solution. Will have to redo some missions, but no problem. I'm moving at my usual glacial pace anyway. For me, therefore, I think the problem is solved.

Thanks for all your input, everyone.

Nice to see that wasn't an error of the RBMod itself, but rather a "version"-error ;) So your suggestion is right: Better update the RB-Mod when the crew is in the base and NOT in the heat of a battle ;)

I think it has something to do with the changing of the "weaponclass" entry for some weapons in the listofweapons file wich came with the update. Which was necessary to fix some of the above ^^ mentioned bugs. Everything should work flawlessly if you load a savegame where the crew is in the base. And 99,9 % if you load a savegame with the crew in a mission. And 0,1 % will give you mysterious but non-bug-creating %d-items ;)

@Lurker: Nice to see the main part of your crew is still there :) (compared with the "older" savegame you 've sent me some days ago)