Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okey my complaint it the powwer.of the human snipers...the are to weak..compared to other weapons...they if any should give us some advantage....

so make them 3 times more poerfull..and the accuracy of the lurker gun..with more range...cause..they stand no chanse again any davced weapon the enemy hold

When I started out playing, it would take 10 or 20 shots to kill anything with a SNIPER rifle, but now that many of my soldiers are Heroic or Super-Heroic for rifles, I had one soldier kill a DeathBellows with a SNIPER rifle in about four shots a day ago.

A week ago, I emptied two Gamma Particle Throwers into a DeathBellows and mutliple shots into other things without killing them. But, now my Heroic soldiers are killing Sporeblowers, Gobbers, Cudgels, MorelMen, and Chrysalis in one shot with the Gamma Particle Thrower. If a soldier achieves Heroic status for a skill, his abilities with that type of weapon improves exponentially, the difference is night and day.

I week or two ago, I thought these sniper rifles (Falcon Accuracy HKPG) were too weak, and now I'm starting to think they are too powerful. And, once all the Reticulans start showing up with better weapons and armor, around the Russian Base, I'm going to start thinking that these weapons are too weak again.

I do tend to specialize in the futuristic weapons, and most of them are indeed stronger than the 'real world' weapons that BlackAlmaz seems to prefer. Nevertheless, my Heroic soldiers are starting to do some real damage with the Accuracy International now that they are no longer rookies.

--

EDIT: When it comes to the question of 'too easy' or 'too hard' much of this could be settled by having eq_mods that work right throughout the game. Then, if it's too easy, you get an eq_mod that is harder to beat, and then when it gets too hard or impossible to beat, you move down to an easier eq_mod. But, for some unexplained reason, the HARD_eq_mod doesn't seem to be doing anything to change the gameplay.

Lurker , i think the "ammo-bug" has something to do with the capacity i gave those two weapon's magazines. The original game has 1000 or 2000 for similar ammopacks, i used 1500 for those weapons, maybe the game doesn't "understand" that and tries to go to the next "known" value --->1000 ? Maybe this could be fixed by giving them cap. of 15 and usage of 1 per shot instead 1500 and usage of 100.....

Or 2000 capacity and usage of 133, effectively maintaining the 15 to 1 ratio?

--

I'd appreciate whatever you can do. I have already started getting into the habit of replacing the SNIPER and LASERGATTLING in the hand with one in the inventory whenever I load or play a UFO:AM game. I have been carrying both weapons on my soldiers, which is why I noticed the discrepancy after awhile.

I finally got a twenty-first base instead of twenty. Not moving too fast, I know. But, since it has mostly been my self-assigned job to find the 'bugs' and to mention if anything needs changing, it should be good to know that I haven't ran into anything else in 6.02 that's really bothering me.

The HARD_eq_mod doesn't seem to be doing anything, but that's not part of 6.02.

There is an interesting thing to note, though:

After you get used to the power of the LurkerGun, the BFG's, the Hover, the WarpDestroyerII, and the Nuker, then the Warp Resonator that I was using last night felt like a really wimpy gun. With the new rebalance Super Weapons, BlackAlmaz and even I are starting to be less and less impressed with the Original weapons. We just need to realize that we are slowly being conditioned to expect more from the original weapons, an expectation that they were never meant to deliver.

If we succumb to the 'pressure,' which we probably shouldn't give into, then we'd follow my feeling or thought from last night and give the Warp Resonator 15 rounds instead of 10. And then the next thing we know, we are examining every weapon that has less than 11 rounds and we will be trying to give them more.

Instead, whenever I try to think logically about it, I think we should declare the Rebalance pretty much finished, and instead concentrate our efforts and time and testing on trying to get some eq_mods that work the way we want them to work.

On the emotional side of the scales, someday somebody will come in with a convincing sales pitch about some part of the Rebalance 6.02 that needs fixing, and you should probably give it a hearing and a changing if the pitch sounds desirable. For now, though, see if you can zap the 'bugs,' and we need to hope that others will report in here if they find any more.

I will try the theory i mentioned and if it works, i gonna upload the final version. The hard_eq_mod will be examined by me as soon as i finish my current game, i'm close to the final mission and it is a lot of fun atm.

Lurker, maybe i could give the Warp Resonator 12 shots and a burst mode with 2shots each time fired? ;)

Edit: Lurker i tried the thing i told you ^ and as it seems the game somehow "remembers" the old maximum ammo settings, this means when you start a new game this problem will be gone, as a workaround (so you don't need to restart) i would suggest the method you use already: Un-equip and re-equip.

And ? What do you think about my Warpresonator idea? Oh, and yes it would get the same glitch as the lasergatling and sniper. But only once (until you start a new game) that is....

I personally have nothing against the Warp Resonator becoming one of the 'baddies' again. If you change it, give it 15 shots and a bit more damage, since it is a throwaway weapon.

I always hated the Warp Resonator in the original game because it always ran out of ammunition way too soon. It usually wasn't worth carrying if you thought about it logically, especially if you were going to a two part mission.

And currently, the Warp Resonator no longer feels like an end-game weapon now that we have the BFG's, the LASERGATLING, Nuker, and LurkerGun.

--

I wish the workaround would have worked on the LASERGATLING and the SNIPER, but I always kind of intended to restart a Rebalance 6.XX game fresh and new without any cheats at all and see how it plays out, when we have the 'final' or close to final 6.XX version in hand.

So, let me know when you have the 6.03 done, and I think that I'll be starting a new game.

In my current game, I'm still ten to fifteen bases away from the Russian Base, the Biomass has most of Africa, and though everything is researched except the Biomass Analysis, I imagine it could be weeks realtime before I get that sample, especially since I have a lot of deadlines at work in the real world.

So logic says that I should start over fresh and new relatively soon, without the ALLITEMS and the FINISHRD in the mix.

If I start a new game, then the quirky stuff will hopefully be gone, so I don't want to start a new game until you have decided what you're gonna do with the Warp Resonator, hint hint, wink wink. ;)

The Warp Resonator is begging for it, so give it a face-lift. I won't mind. Unlike the early game machine guns, the Warp Resonator is supposed to be a late game reward for doing all that specialized research. Putting the reward back into it wouldn't be out of line for a Rebalance mod in my humble opinion.

Yes, after all that research and development that goes into the Warp Resonator, it doesn't seem unfitting for the Warp Resonator to have 15 shots and a bit more damage per shot, so that it fits in better with the other endgame Rebalance weapons.

EDIT:

After re-reading your message, maybe 18 shots along with burst mode. I thought that the Warp Resonator already has a burst mode that none of us use because it only makes the weapon run out of ammo even faster. Anyway, you'll have to check into it.

Ok, changed the Warp Resonator (gave him a 2-shot burst mode, double ammo (to hopefully avoid the "ammo-glitch) and raised its range a tiny bit. AND changed it's animation (no more kneeling required) Will upload right away.

So, this should be the last RB-Mod (until new tools appear). I have a free week starting from monday, maybe i can look at those other mod-projects for UFOAM i was thinking of......

Thank you all for your dedication and excellent feedback!

CU, Aralez

I downloaded the 6.03.

The Warp Resonator still has only ten shots, and though I'm not sure, I don't think the Warp Resonator has changed the least bit since 6.02.

The ReadMe for 6.03 is definitely different, and I thank you for giving us credit for our input.

But, I'm now thinking that version 6.02 of the 6_mod.vfs was the one that got zipped up into the 6.03 instead of the 6_03_mod.vfs file. Just a guess, but that's the way I'm leaning after looking at some of the other stats.

You might want to rename it 6_03_mod.vfs so that it doesn't look like the 6.0, 6.01, or 6.02?

Anyway, I thank you for all you have done. And, enjoy your vacation!

Lurker, i re-checked the files and they ARE the 6.03 ones. Did you start a new game? If not then maybe you see the "ammo-glitch" again, this time with the Warp thingie. Try to switch it into burst mode, if it works, you have the right files. The weapon works in my installation.... Oh, i did the final mission in my game yesterday. Interesting fact: i had 7 soldiers, 5 of them with Berzerk armour, 2 of those 7 died, guess which ;) ?

Maybe now i can test the hard_eq_mod a bit more.... ;)

OT: Hey someone replaced the smilies!!! Cool! ;)

This is the first time that the 'ammo glitch' has gotten me straight out of inventory. Usually I have to save and load in order to get it to appear.

I have created a couple of new games, deleted and reinstalled '6.03' vfs file, used the UFO:AM Launcher to create a new game instead of the desktop icon, changed things in the launcher, and scratched my head a lot.

No matter what I try, the Warp Resonator is still only ten rounds coming straight out of inventory and onto the Heavy Armor. And unlike the 'ammo glitch', the Warp Resonator doesn't change when I save, quit, and come back in to play. It stays the same between reloading.

Stats of the 6.03 Warp Resonator in a NEW GAME after using ALLITEMs in order to see it and mount it.

Aimed Range 65, Effective 45, Damage 750, rate .3.

Burst Range 51, Effective 28, Damage 1500, rate 1.3.

10/10

I deleted the HARD_eq_mod before creating new games so that everything would be focussed on the 6.03.

Something weird is going on, I think. So, maybe the next step is to download it again and try it again? Do you have a link straight to the one you tested and verified?

Okay, I think that I have maybe figured it out.

We're not even talking about the same weapon!

I'm talking about the Original Warp Resonator that has to be Manufactured one at a time at the end of the game.

I got rid of all the mods, and loaded up my unmodded version 1.3 saved games.

The Original Warp Resonator that came with the original UFO:AM 1.3 game has these stats:

Burst Mode: 35m Range, 18m effective, 1500 damage, 1.3rps, and 40.0kg weight

Aimed Mode: 50m Range, 35m Effective, 750 damage, 0.3rps.

10/10 - Ten Rounds

The original Warp Resonator has a Burst mode. It has always had a burst mode. The gun you apparently have modified in 6.03 didn't have a burst mode before, but does now. So what "Warp Thingie" gun did you modify in 6.03?

--

--

At some point in the past, you modded the Original Warp Resonator to be:

Aimed Range 65, Effective 45, Damage 750, rate .3, 41.X kg weight.

Burst Range 51, Effective 28, Damage 1500, rate 1.3.

10/10

Remember my asking you to give the Warp Resonator 65 meters of range? That's when it happened. As far as I know, the Original Warp Resonator hasn't changed at all since around Rebalance 5.62? And the Warp Resonator is the same in 6.03 that it was in 6.02.

In 6.03, I voted for giving the Original Warp Resonator more than 10 rounds. Apparently you have doubled the ammuntion on some other Warp gun? So which gun was it?

--

EDIT: It looks like you figured it out while I was writing my dissertation above!!

We figured it out at the same time!

Ah, well all those warp weapons make me itchy

--

I guess so. Aralez gets as confused about those Warp weapons as the rest of us do.

Actually, as proof of further confusion :devil:, you didn't change the Warp Destroyer II either in 6.03, contrary to what the ReadMe now indicates or implies. The Warp Destroyer II, one of your creations, hasn't changed for awhile.

But, I see now that the original game Warp Demolition Device does indeed now have a burst mode and aimed mode, whereas, it only had one mode before if memory serves. I haven't carried that gun for awhile, so it will be interesting to see what it does. The Warp Demolition Device is a Warp Shotgun or close range gun, and I tend to stay away from those in the Rebalance.

Anyway, the original game Warp Resonator now has double the ammunition, which is what I was going after in the first place, so all is well.

I'll have to go back later and see how the 6.03 mod plays out with the 5.62 saved games that I have piled up. I think everything will be fine now.

--

--

EDIT:

The WarpDestroyerII doesn't have a burst mode, but it has a generous 20 aimed rounds and a generous 27 meter range. Been just fine all along.

The Warp Demolition Device now has a burst and an aimed mode, if it didn't have both before, but it only has 10 rounds, which I believe is still more than it had before? But, I don't really know because I never use it much. Unless Warp Demolition already had 10 rounds before 6.03, I don't think that the Warp Demolition Device falls prey to the 'ammo glitch.'

The Warp Resonator now has 20 rounds in 6.03, and it is not subject to the 'ammo glitch,' which means that the 6.03 Warp Resonator is 20 rounds both before and after a save and a load.

I haven't tested the Warp Rifle or the Warp Pistol because, despite all my cheating, I still don't know how to use them aka. don't have the proper research done.

Confused yet? Brain feeling a little warped? ;)

Anyway, the 'ammo glitch' still affects the SNIPER and the LASERGATLING, and I won't know if starting a new game fixes that glitch because I have to get farther in on my new cheated up 6.03 game before I can FINISHRD on lasers and test to see.

Plus I wanted to start a 6.03 game without cheats. Oh my! Then I'll have four unfinished saved games in my UFO:AM Profiles subdirectory, and I haven't even tried the Strahd Sound Mod which I was wanting to try next.

Anyhow, my UFO:AM games are going to start tripping over themselves, and I imagine that it's nothing compared to what Aralez, Strahd, and BlackAlmaz probably have going on their hard disks. ;)

OH well

I know we past RB-6 already, but kind of looked like the place to add in a wish

how about toxin shells for the M79 or other type of launcher weapons ?

if we can make our own weapons how about our own Grenages ?

(I mean one of the simple ones is the bottle full of gas and a rag)

still need some kind of healing with the Bezeker armor ;)

funny how the game scale seems so wrong, we can put up 12 advanced fighter jets to go after 1 UFO, but we can't send more then 7 troops, or give them decent weapons

hmmm

(not meant as a crack at you guys, your mods are great)

HARD_Sarge