Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

Add even MORE grenades and launcher wepaons ?? Remember the smoke, frag, incendiary and gas grenade are the only grenades from the unmodded game, everything else is added ! Best of all: Altar said in their recent survey that the flashbang was one of their weapons, truth is: I had to enable it in the mod!!!

The M-79 and Superstriker had one grenade type only, too. the rest is also added through the mod.

Oh and the bottle with rag (Molotov cocktail) would be exactly like the incendiary grenade, just a mere graphical change, i think that would be redundant.

Healing for the Berzerk armour? Well try the HARD difficulty then, the berzerk armour is only ~95% unhealable then ;)

The 7-guy crew limit is hardcoded, can't mess with that ;)

Black_Almaz, i have three bases atm and already have my first sniper rifles, maybe you are just unlucky ;)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm

well was just asking if we could get some toxin shells ? wasn't saying who made them or not

the part about the Cocktail, was that we don't get to make the best close in weapon, if we find some, great, if not, oh well (just an IE that in RL they not that HARD to make, compared to some of the stuff we are getting)

just saying if a bunch of troopers tossed a toxin Grenage and seen it drop a few bad guys, you can bet they would be running to the CO saying, well hey, can't we think of a way so we could shoot some of them (or spray ?, Toxin flamethrower, with out the flame ?)

I don't know, I must of got a bad batch of Armor, my guys are dropping left and right in it (of course not as fast as the poor guys in alien armor) ;) why i want some healing

HARD_Sarge

You can make grenades (well, you can mod UFO:A so you can make grenades), but as they are treated like a weapon (not a form of ammo) they get made in batches of 1 (unlike ammo that gets made in batches of 10), which is very annoying.

Strange, i played the final mission on hard with seven guys recently, 5 of them had the Berzerk armour, 2 not. Two of them got killed, guess which? ;) The berzerk armour has to have a weak point and that is the impossibility to heal anyone in them easily (and no turret weapon capability). Otherwise the other armours wouldn't be used at all. As i said before i made that for a reason. But: Do you have some Mutons in your crew yet? Their armour has some nice stats! They are almost immune to soft and plasma weapons etc. :) Regarding the toxin grenades and grenade launchers/weapons generally: I tried to give each of them a special ability, so you have a reason to use different weapons. I could have made ONE weapon which fires all kind of ammo and ONE armour which is absolutely bulletproof, BUT is this the kind of game you'd like to play? I think it's much more interesting and exciting the way it is. As the name of the Mod suggest: Rebalancing was my prime idea. e.g. I wanted to have a reason to still use the pumpgun in later levels (gave it core ammo) or just think about the regular laser pistol. What happened to it when the advanced one appeared? You never used it anymore. Now it has it's advantages over the new model (better burst range and speed compared to better range and damage for the advanced) and you can use both, depending which tactic you prefer. Phew, did i write that all ;)

Oh,btw, just wait for the A2Gun to appear, i think it will satisfy your needs for a really good flamethrower ! It has a very longlasting flame, so you even can use it to "trap" enemies in a corridor.

Here some good tactics with RBmod weapons from people from this board:

A2gun: Trap aliens in corridors by firing at each end and then throw/fire something heavy in the corridor :)

Nuker: Someone sugested it to clear out the entry lifts in base missions, cool

Knife- or Saw/stun combo: Stun an enemy (with flashbang or Shocker) and rip them to pieces with knifes or the saw ;)

BFG's : Good to secure the entry zone in some missions, especially UFO-missions (when you need a lot of firepower for a short time)

New uzi/pumpgun ammo: I made the armours of the Popper and Spitter especially weak against them. Use them :)

The Uzi and Scorpion are one-hand weapons now, if you take a knife/grenade/medpack in the other hand, you can quickly switch between them.

General tip: NEVER, even with the berzerk armour, try an uncovered direct attack. Use that cover! The only exception for this is an emergency saw/knife attack in close combat.

Against Poppers: Spread out your crew! The AI only sems to use the explosion-weapon when it's able to hit several units at once. Otherwise it will use the bite attack, which is less powerful and gives you a bit more time (and crewmembers :( ) to react.

Well, the first game I got to work, I had the mods from Alpine and think they were 5.6, and some them didn't work

(5.6 module didn't work)

so I got Aliens fireing 3 rockets for every shot my man takes

yes, I understand the idea of balanced, but one hassle is I am still some what new to the game and still need to try out each weapon to see what it can do

(didn't like the Plamsa Shotguns at all, the plamsa laucher is nice)

got the A2gun, will have to look it over again (range kind of short isn't it ?, for someone who doesn't really move much, went with longer range)

(lol had a base under attack, and the lay out had a long pathway on either side of the enty point,was able to get a double MG on one side and a Gatling gun on the other, bout about 25 hexes away from where the bad guys came out, talk about a slaughter)

well for the 79, was thinking more of a weak, toxin shell, say kill (depending on damage) what is in the hex, damage to next hexes, while the grenage has a nice area attack

the game I got set up with the new Mod, I have not gotten a Muton yet

again for the Armor, you want to make a trade off, set the heal to -75 or -80, then the player has to make a choice, do they carry more MEDKITS, to heal the trooper if he gets hurt or does he save them for some one else

I mean for most missions I don't bring any, later on, with my 2 heavies, I got them each with 2 MEDKITS, if they get knocked out, some one can pick them up off the ground to use them

the NANOTECH, if most of your troops are going to be in Berkzer Armor, no need for it (neat idea, and like most SiFi, Armor could have the NANOTECH built in)

but in the long run, you make the mods, I just asking what I like or think, I have enjoyed what you guys have done already and look forward to playing the next one

HARD_Sarge

You're right, getting used to UFO:Aftermath and developing tactics that work was/is the hardest part ! A good early-game tactic in bases/ufos is the tactic to kneel someone with a shotgun behind a corner and wait for the aliens to walk in the room, nice surprise ;) Make sure you are not exactly on the corner, but one field away so the alien can't spot you from far away.

Well, atm i'm not planning to release another RB-Mod, i'm waiting for some more tools to be released. BUT if they are here and you still want those changes, i will add your ideas. Promised. ;)

here's a list of things i have noted for an eventual next mod.

-Pancor Jackhammer (we need a decent model for that)

-Molotov Cocktail (could affect smaller area, but have higher damage than INC grenade)

-Small toxin grenade for M79

-Toxin Sprayer/thrower

-Berzerk armour better to heal? (Still not sure about this, as it is even immune to PSI/STUN attacks etc.)

Kewl, sounds good

it is your armor, but I just think there should be some chance of a little healing, well if anything, maybe make the healing -75 and the PSI 95 and stun 85, trade a little healing chance for a chance of more damage/take over (maybe a poll to see if anyone else agrees, I don't want to have to play by somebody else style of play and don't want to "force" any one to play by my style of play)

HARD_Sarge

As i will add the eq_mod to the RBmod i will add those changes asap. More news soon. I decided not to do another 6.2 instead add those weapons and equipment and make a new 6.3 ;) You guys keep me busy ;)

edit: Ok, everything except the toxin-thrower (decided not to add it as the flamethrower is altered.) are in, the eq-mod is included, atm i'm doing some final tests. Will upload after them. Maybe tonight, i will tell you.

update for the readme:

-Added Pancor Jackhammer

-Added Molotov cocktail

-Added a power armour similar to the Berzerk armour, but a bit weaker.

-Added toxingrenade for the M79

As you can see i didn't change the Berzerk armor, but added a power armour with stats as requested.

It looks like you all figured it out without me. ;)

I would have said, "Do NOT change the Berzerk Armor, just add another Armor type with different capabilities, HARD_Sarge capabilities."

Sounds like that's just what you did. Congrats!!

Sounds great to me too! You know how I like trying out new things.

Okay, downloaded 6.3, set it in place in the UFO:AM directory, loaded my last geoscape mission, did ALLITEMS, and just started where I left off with my 5.6 through 6.2 saved games, the ones where I was just offered the Russian Base. I didn't start a new game with 6.3, I'm just using previous Rebalance saved games.

Sorry, but I must admit that I really love the Power Armor. It's everything I was secretly wishing for, but didn't dare ask. ;)

The Pancor Jackhammer has a cool sound, and the Molotov cocktail has a good bang to it along with plenty of flame. People should be very happy. I know that I am.

Aralez sure knows how to make dreams come true, and I sure know how to use that ALLITEMS cheat. ;)

Speaking of colors and wishes:

At a glance, I can't really tell the difference between the BFG9000, the Warp Demolition Device, and the WarpDestroyerII. One of them should be blue, and one of them should be red or yellow or orange. They shouldn't all be shades of green or turquoise. That's partially how Aralez and I were able to get the Warp Demolition Device and the WarpDestroyerII all mixed up in our discussions up above.

And, dare I say it? The LurkerGun should be blue or red, as I got it completely mixed up with the Laser Pistol while watching my daughter play the game. I thought she was carrying LurkerGun's and instead she was carrying the Laser Pistol on her soldiers.

These are cosmetic changes that have periodically crossed my mind and tripped me up, but I never seemed to remember to write them down and pass them on to Aralez.

I do like the Green PowerArmor, but I think I already mentioned that. ;)

Thank you.

Hi Guys

I restarted two games, one went into Mar the other closing in on the end of Jan, when should I start seeing some of the changes that went into 6.3 ?

(I maybe I did it wrong on the first restart, so deleted the 6.2 VFS moved in the 6.3 and then started a new game)

havn't seen any of the Xcom bad guys or any of the new crew or weapons (thought the MC would come early ?)

the Cyborg does have red eyes, so it should be the right mod ?

BOY, I have been getting some bad troops, last one I got had 4 Awfuls (told him not to let the door hit him in the behind on the way out)

one of the keepers was a awful/awful/poor/ave/Heroic/excel (LOL she can't shoot a rifle or a Hand gun, can't throw, can't run, can't train, but boy can she complain

HARD_Sarge

If you have a cyborg in your crew, the mod works ;) Some other changes (e.g. camotextures, 2nd ammo type for UZI and Pumpgun, conventional armour etc.) should be there right from the start, too. The other stuff should show up when you conquer new bases. Regarding crewmembers: The "pool" for the crew exists of ~120 persons + 20 new added guys so for every 7th new crewmember you should get a "special" guy (statistically). Results may vary. (if you want to know everything that was changed and is new take closer look at the readme of the mod ) ;)

Atm i have had a series of miserable crewmembers myself , but hey, what is the dismiss-button for ? ;)

I ended up adding some stuff with the Alpine, but still get some errors so had to drop them out (spitter, popper, secloud( LOL) extended mags)

but I did get 2 Cyborgs, and now got some MC's so I should be sort of on the right track

oh well, some is better then none

LOL I got a heroic lancher type dude, who is totally poor at every thing else, so I kept him, then went to send him on a mission, and don't have any launcher type weapons yet !

really starting to like the shutguns, got a mad man, with Excel speed, who likes to charge the Aliens (of course, it would work out better if he could wait on them, but most times he in the wrong place at the wrong time)

HARD_Sarge

Small "graphical" update:

I had to remove the NUKER from the alien loadout as it behaved "buggy". The weapon itself worked fine, but the launcher seemed to "crawl" on the floor ;)

Lurker suggested to make better icons and textures for some weapons (to better recognize them) and so i did ;)

There's no need to download the mod if you are happy with your "old" 6.3 as this upload only corrects some really minor things.

Btw, i realized there are some misunderstandings regarding "burst" mode and "aimed" mode with weapons in the RBMOD and maybe UFOAM generally: The burst mode, despite it's icon showing multiple shots, does NOT use multiple shots on every weapon necessarily! Sometimes it's only a quick firing mode, like for the Flamer. The RBMOD Flamer has two firing modes, aimed and burst, BUT only uses one piece of ammo per shot, no matter what the icon looks like. The difference between the firing modes is the reaction time and accuracy, the ammo usage stays the same. This is meant as a kind of panic shot, quick but unaccurate. I changed the RBMOD flamer that way, this is not true for the "original" flamer which uses a three-round burst mode.

Thx for Chenjesu and Kret for bringing this up, i think several people wondered why their burst mode doesn't use more ammo than the aimed shot. ;)

Ok, file uploaded! The link stays the same.

One small excuse: I have no deeper knowledge regarding the board-software, i'm more a kind of "modder-admin". Slaughter, Pete, and maybe BB are the guys you people should contact when you have problems accessing the boards. :)

Playing the newly tweaked 6.3 Rebalance with my original 5.6 saved games.

Twenty-eight bases. It's gone harder.

I lost one of my soldiers to the Popper. Interesting looking explosion there. Only a single soldier targeted, it's as if an EMP rocket from a Morelman set off the Popper and just happened to kill my soldier as well. Cool.

Inside the base, a Cudgel was tearing me apart with an AutoCannon. So, I finally encountered my first recognizable Rebalance weapon in the enemy hands using Rebalance 6.3.

Took out a FireTick with the spit from a dead Purple Spitter. The spit from a Spitter is invisible when your own soldiers use it.

Ran into my first real piece of strangeness while playing the Rebalance Mods. While inside a base, something invisible from a corner of the base shot an Alien rocket at one of my soldiers in the middle of the base. My soldier was able to outrun the incoming rocket. The rocket passed over the top of the base, over the black parts, over or through the walls. It was just like the Blaster Bomb from X-Com, except its waypoint was through the attic of the base. Went from the corner clear into the center of the base. I had a soldier nearby the point of launch and went into the room where the rocket and the smoke trail started from, and there was nothing there. It was kind of a cool looking bug or quirk or whatever. Invisible aliens with invisible guns with rockets with phasing or tesseracting capabilities able to pass through walls as if they weren't there. Got the sound effect right, though, sounded like an Alien Rocket launcher. It seemed to have the explosive power of a BFG, though. I went back to a previous save so that I could find the point of launch. The scenario even played out a second and third time. But, no telling what it really was, as there was nothing there to launch the thing. Got my soldier out of the way the third time that I played it through. Interesting quirk.

As you already know, I like the new Power Armor, and I always have liked the recent rebalances. Thank you Aralez, once again.