Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

Yes, it would require .exe editing to do some of the stuff you suggest.

I believe that Aralez took the modding as far as it can be taken without .exe editing. The Rebalance and version 1.3 are what you want in order to get the maximum mod experience in my opinion.

Though for some people, the musicmod, the Strahd Sound Mod, faster chopper, combined with the Rebalance is what they want, and that's possible through ALPine if you have a machine that can handle it all without crashing.

I, too, haven't been too happy with Altar or their obvious lack of follow-through. But, the English version 1.3 of UFO:AM and the Aralez 6.0 Rebalance are definitely worth paying for the game and getting the real CD, in my opinion. Despite Altar's flaws and the mediocre reviews of UFO:AM, there are tons of replay value in UFO:AM, especially when you start bringing the 1.3 patch and the present mods into the picture.

Enjoy!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and yes, the first eq_mod works with 6.0, too. No problems here.

Btw, pretty soon i will need your weapon-ideas and -knowledge again. I will post then.

I do enjoy new weapons!

Question to Aralez:

Have you tried Strahd's sound mod with Rebalance 6.0? You know how I don't like computer crashes, and I try to make sure that mods aren't fighting each other for control. Anyway, I was interested in trying what Strahd has created, but not if it's going to require starting a new game or bring down the 6.0 Rebalance in the process.

I liked the Gurkoz Sound mod from long ago, and I was hoping that maybe the Strahd mod would prove to be the next UFO:AM toy, but not if it's going to make me restart again. I was wondering if you knew if it would be too soon to try to start including the Strahd sound into the mix. Also, Strahd lists his mod as beta, and I held off on it mostly because I was waiting for the 'final' version in which every sound is modded, as Strahd suggested would be the case.

That's one of the things that's been exciting about your eq_mods, just drop them in the subdirectory and they work, or at least it did with 5.6, and now I intend to activate it again for 6.0.

Thanks!

BTW: Look into the HOVER for me. See post above.

BlackAlmaz, you re-made the armours, did you? If yes, please send me that files, as i intend to release a 6.01 version of the RBMOD with the Hover and Autocannon changed. The same request goes to Bulletsix, if you have finished the two icons we were talking about, send them to me and i will add them.

As usual the savegames and eq_mods willbe compatible. The XCOM music mod should work without problems with the RBMOD, but i haven't tried yet, so 99,99% yes ;)

Please, in 6.01 give the Gamma Particle Thrower Rifle 15 shots instead of 10. The Gamma Particle Thrower is the rifle with the 33 meter max range and no clips. The Gamma Particle Thrower needs to have 15 shots in it like the 6.0 version SNIPER does.

The GammaFlak Shotgun thing is fine the way it is.

I was beginning to wonder if the quirkiness or weirdness of the HOVER target acquisition was due to the fact that the Hover MAX Range is equal to the Hover Effective Range, 24 meters. The HOVER is the only weapon to have the two different parameters have the same numeric value.

I need to try to find that tactical mission save in which I couldn't acquire target with the HOVER and see if things have changed. I don't know whether I have that save or not. I should have paid better attention at the time. I never seem to be thinking ahead.

Oh well, thinking ahead, my first request for 6.02 is more rounds in the PSIBURNER. ;)

I had a base defence mission to do against ~15 Reticulans on hard ! Here a screenshot from the start of the mission:

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/base.jpg

"Mass" was right in front of the entry lift and killed quickly by three rockets, several advanced plasmaguns and some warpslugs, but he took one of the attackers with him. Then i was able to surround the reticulans with a railgun/psicontrol combo on one side (covered by a A2Gun flamer) and a Hover/BFG9000 combo on the other side.

It was a massacre ;) I never had a firefight like this in my whole time with UFOAM ! Imagine a dozen heavily armed Reticulans storming at you, firing like there was no tomorrow (actually there wasn't one for them), Hovers exploding, BFG's roaring, the plop of several alien launchers, the railgun rattling continously, psi control beams covering the whole area. One of my greys Mr. Qualveg went down unconscious after some hits of the really brave fighting reticulans.

After some intense minutes of fighting i slowly began to win because of my A2guns flames which blocked the retis entry and exit path!

After that i only had to "clean up" among the retis laying on the ground (no need to waste experience points ;) )

Wow, what a fight! ;)

Cool!

So how many bases or what stage of the game were you in? You have Qualveg and Slooz. So, what's that, around forty or forty-five bases, about double what I have now in terms of bases?

I'm at twenty-bases, and the HARD_eq_mod doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Very satisfied with the look of 6.01. More ammo for the PsiBurner and some blue or red color in the second type of A2Gun ammo cartridge, and then 6.01 looking pretty much perfect.

--

--

EDIT:

Though, now I think about it, a HOVER explosion does bring my computer to a standstill. Maybe the duration or length of time of the explosion should be shorter so that the graphics intensive animation is shorter, unless shortening the time of the huge fire weakens the weapon somehow. The damage HOVER does is right, and the range and targeting seems to be working right now.

I tried the Hypnogas on a bunch of PsiStinger frozen soldiers, and it didn't do anything. But last week the Hypnogas worked well at unfreezing soldiers when a Chrysalis got them. But, not sure yet if it works right on Psi Stingers or Reticulans, cause my soldier who was using it was also soon frozen thereafter.

1. ~40 bases without cheats so far. On hard. Very late game close to the final mission.

2. Psi-Burner more ammo ? ok. Gave it a burst mode, too.

3. I could make the Hover less a frameratekiller, but it wouldn't look as cool as now, ah well i will "tame" it (only graphical change)

4. Nice to see the Hypnogas is working !!! The weapon was HIGHLY experimental, good to see it worked out. Btw, do you like the icon for it ? ;);)

5. A2gun ammo blue? ok.

Will upload right away.

Wow, 6.02! That was quick. And I got everything I wanted, and then some!

Thanks.

I couldn't help downloading it and giving it a mission.

The HOVER lag is fixed! Now my 3 Ghz in name and 2 Ghz in reality computer chip doesn't stall and the mouse doesn't become unmovable when the Hover rocket explodes. That's a great deal. Thanks. I imagine it will be even more appreciated by those with sub-Ghz CPU's.

--

I found a bug in 6.02 during my half hour of testing. Put a couple of fresh SNIPER rifles in your backpack, and they have 15 rounds each. Then save the game and quit UFO:AM. Then go back in and load the same game, and check the SNIPERs in the backpack, and they now each have 10 rounds apiece. Throw them back into inventory, and recover new ones from inventory, and you're back to 15 rounds again. Magic!

Somebody in the game is stealing ammunition while we sleep, so which soldier is the most squirrelly looking? ;)

--

EDIT:

Actually, now that I think about it, that sounds like another good 'debugging' test for the Rebalance, put all the equipment in different backpacks, save, quit, and then come back and see if the count is the same after the load as it was before the save and quit.

Something Aralez said about not wasting XP started my devious little mind working:

1)Knock an alien unconscious, then after finishing everything else off, surround it,

2)heal it (for XP),

2a)if you really want to you can Psi Control it, for more XP,

3)shoot it till it's unconscious again (for XP),

4)goto 2.

Of course, you can't really use weapons that give one-shot-kills, and the more ammo the XP-requiring-soldier can carry the better...

Thoughts anybody?

Llama8, lol, that's good! Cruel, but good ;)

Lurker, i checked the listofweapon.txt and listofmagazine.txt but could find nothing what causes this. Maybe it was because you had saved a game with the 6.01-sniper (10 shots) and loaded it in 6.02 (15 shots) and the game was a bit confused about this ;) IIrc the savegame "remembers" the max. ammo from weapons in the backpack. Try to remove that weapon, save the game then re-equip it. It should be 15 shots from now on.

BlackAlmaz, i will check the modelproblem you have, but it seems to be a problem with the original model, so basically it is a UFOAM "bug" or glitch.

Btw, Llama8, i found another XP-cheat: Take seven people and let six of them be paralyzed by the Chrysalis-beam. One soldier has to stay FAR away so he will not be harmed. The Chrysalis will keep on firing on the six and with every hit they will gain some xp, as they will receive no other damage (except being paralyzed) you can let this go for some minutes ;) If you think you have enough XP simply let the 7th soldier kill the Chrysalis . Voila! :)

here is anuthe one for the start of the game take a uzi out...with as much ammo you can carry...an than once the mission is over...use all the ammo on anything...and your soldiers will go up once...and maybe even twice

and aralez did you get my email....how does that guy stand on those thing...if that can be done...maybe we can go onto buildings?

Does BlackAlmaz have ALPine still running? Maybe that's why the soldier is floating? Been running 'naked' with the rebalance, and no floating soldiers here.

--

I stripped my guys naked, saved the game, quit, came back in and loaded them up again, saved, and quit. Then I come back in and the SNIPER in the hand and the ones in the backpack are 10 rounds again instead of 15. So, it's more than just a 6.01 and 6.02 transitioning thing.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is the HARD_eq_mod doing something. If I get time, I'll delete that and test again.

But, putting everything in inventory, making the soldiers naked, saving, quitting, reloading game, and restocking from inventory didn't stop someone from stealing the SNIPER ammo after saving the game with everyone restocked. There's a thief in there somewhere.

--

EDIT: I deleted the HARD_eq_mod, loaded my 'naked' soldiers. Gave one soldier a 15 round SNIPER in his hands, saved the game under a new name, quit, SHUT DOWN the computer, rebooted, came back in to UFO:AM, pressed PLAY, and the single armed soldier with the SNIPER had only 10 rounds in the SNIPER. So, it's not the HARD_eq_mod, and the Rebalance 6.02 is the only mod I now have in the subdirectory. Everything seems to be pointing at the Rebalance 6.02.

it realy has nothing to do with alpine....i tried it after i saw one of them climb up there...al i had to do is take one step on top and thats it......but nothing else works like that...i cant go up a stair case..unless its very small...we should find out how it works...i'll try and find other stuff like that...and i got more picks..of that

BlackAlmaz:

Yes, I was asking about how you got the wonderful angle.

But also, if others are to duplicate your accomplishment, then they need to know what mods you are running so that they can run the same things and increase their odds of having the same effect. Nobody is reporting that effect from the Original Version 1.3 that I know of, so it has to be one of your mods that's doing it. Process of elimination.

--

To Aralez:

I found another one. The LASERGATTLING in a backpack goes from 300 rounds down to 200 rounds after a save and a load. Now, I don't have the HARD_eq_mod installed anymore. So, hopefully everything I'm seeing in terms of shifting ammo loadouts is related in some way to 6.02.

I'm tempted to test every weapon to see if there are other weapons that are having their ammunition stolen. But, it could be a time consuming test, especially if I reboot in between naked and loaded.

Running out of time again.