Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurker Handgun:

If you're looking for strengths and weaknesses, I tend to go with what Kermel and Naitguolf have had to say.

The Sniper Handgun would be a late game gun, and thus it should have brutal damage, which to me kind of suggests that it should be a burst only weapon. Kermel keeps suggesting that the handguns are the masters of the burst, and this gun too should fit in with that theory.

It's damage would be on the scale of the BFG guns. That combined with its long and accurate range would be its strength.

Weaknesses?

If following my theories regarding its existence, it would have gyro stabilization, computer assisted laser and infrared targeting, which means that there would be a delay between pulling the trigger and the firing of the gun. The gyros would have to take the targeting and range information from the computer and then adjust the aim of the gun so that the gun 'never' misses.

You don't have to program in any kind of delay, just make the firing of the gun slow like Naitguolf suggests. The rate of fire between bursts would be slow, but each burst should bring down a Reticulan or at least stun them into the red zone taking them out of action.

To compensate for its slow rate of fire, it's accuracy and damage needs to be high in order to fit in with its advanced modeling theories.

Other weakness? It would possibly be heavier than the other handguns, and of course, it would be a two-handed weapon, the way I originally envisioned it.

I definitely don't like the idea of a 'sniper' handgun. The thing would be really hard to balance (Why use a sniper rifle when you can use a smaller and lighter handgun, eh?) and it can't be done in real life. Only very, very expensive custom jobs can get a 40 meter accurate range.

I like the idea of boosting the human laser pistol's rate of fire. It would really make me want to use it again.

okey last to be said about this gun

it shoots 3 bullets in one shot...there guns like that now...300 demadge...so with 300 it would be 900

cons

heavy cause of all those upgrades it has, heavy cause of those high velocity bullets

long aiming time cuase of all those mods, slowr than the m82

long reloed time...cause of the weight

pors

has good ami at long ranges..almost perfact

lots of damedge

After all this discussion of weapons, I too came away with the feeling that in a Rebalance Mod, the human manufactured Enhanced Laser Pistol should be rebalanced and upgraded somehow so that we actually feel a temptation to carry it on a few soldiers throughout the game. The human laser pistol needs a few more strengths.

Black Almaz: Excellent, i think this is it! Will be done that way.

ok stats of LurkerGun:

~60meters range

-burst mode firing 3 rounds with each 300 damage

-VERY heavy

-LONG loading and aiming times

-kind of bfg-projectile.

-will come LATE in game

-will be 2-handed

-high accuracy

I'll decide if i redo an existing gun that way or if i add a new one.

Kermel, lol ! ;)

Quirk or oddity in 5.5:

The MiniLauncher Handgun takes up ten squares in the backpack, instead of the four squares that it shadows or the four squares that it should take up.

Put the MiniLauncher Handgun in your backpack and then add ammunition to your backpack until it the backpack is full. Then you should be able to see the discrepancy, I believe.

I thought I mentioned trying and liking the saw. I'm sure it's up there in the thread somewhere? Truthfully, I like the saw better than the knife.

Though, with the saw, the sound effects of the saw sometimes goes on a bit longer than the visual effects, which creates a bit of an odd feel to it - sometimes.

BTW, it was me that mentioned giving the knife an extra half a meter. Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about. Isn't that amazing? ;)

Or, at least I find it amazing.

5.5 Quirk or Oddity:

Anything else like this, Aralez asks?

Yes, if you start clicking or selecting the top SLAW rocket ammunition adding it to your backpack, there is some unusual overlap, and it gets all messed up. Load your soldier completely full of SLAW ammunition, the top or upper variety, to see what I mean. Or alternate back and forth between the two types of SLAW ammunition until your soldier is completely full of both types of SLAW ammunition, if you want to create some interesting designs.

Just discovered this quirk.

--

I would still like to see a bigger color difference between the two types of A2Gun Ammuntion. I can't tell the difference between them at a glance, when they are in the backpack or on the belt. The A2Gun cartidges should have different color schemes, from each other.

--

>>

>>

Don't know yet if these 'quirks' exist in 5.6 of the Rebalance.

Congratulations on the 5.6, Aralez. I'm looking forward to it.

Verified that the quirks or inconsistencies listed above are also in version 5.6.

The first or upper SLAW ammunition overlaps in the backpack, thus in effect only taking up one square, plus it looks odd when it starts 'spilling' out of the backpack.

The two different types of A2Gun ammuntion look exactly the same in 5.6 as well.

It might seem silly, but I was actually wondering if such a small change like fixing SLAW ammo or changing A2Gun ammo icons would be enough of a change to require a downloader of the 5.6 'fix' to start a new game.

You have no idea how many different UFO:AM games I have started and deleted the last couple of weeks. Then again, maybe you do, if you are Aralez.

Aralez, don't you too have to start and delete a lot of UFO:AM games in order to keep everything working right, especially when you are modding?

Anyway, I am indeed curious, would such a small fix as those suggested require that we all start a new game, again? How sensitive is a saved game when it comes to mods and changes? Will even small changes result in crashed games, or does it require something a bit more complex?

Sometimes small changes like the iconsizes can crash your game. e.g. you have packed your belt with grenades and saved, then reload with a mod-version where the size of this grenades has doubled ---> CTD ;) BUT you could get it to work if you strip your soldier from those grenades before reloading.

And yes, i have to delete and copy a lot ;)

Oh, but don't worry the next update will take long, VERY long! :) Atm, no matter what i try i get ctd's with everything i try. So 5.6 is the version to stay on your HD for a while, believe me. I'll maybe release a plugin with the aliens carrying RB-weapons in the meantime, but even this small mod will take some time (at least a week or two) and best of all, you will be able to use it without starting a new game.

Atm, i can't do too much modding because i almost broke some of my ribs last thursday, when i was hit by a falling microwave-oven (Don't ask !) , and the pain keeps me from concentrating. But it starts to heal already, only drinking is a torture. At each sip i think somebody stabs me with a knife.

Have fun, nonetheless ;)