UFO Extender

Tycho

Yes, its part of the mod and its activation is determined by the difficulty setting on the game. The base defense modules are the only things that get a chance to fire on it before impact.

Funny mod! clapping.gif Now aliens have a real chance to destroy XCOM, they only need to find and bomb all XCOM bases!

Is it HP is also modified? I tried to down the ship when it stops over the former base and wasted on it 100+ plasma beam rounds. In original game, even the battleships are not so durable. Or the mod diminishes plasma beam power?

It normally crashed and appear as a normal suppy ship on recovery mission. However, soon the aliens send another one and game crashes as described below

But you have point out two glitches. Your not supposed to get hyperwave information from it, since it's not communicating with anyone. I need to compensate for the possibility that the player removes the base before it arrives.

Obviously aliens send their vessels by some schedule. In previous post I described the base deletion while the ship was en route. If I delete the target base day before (see the attached savegame), kamikaze ship will appear as scheduled, but it crashes game at 0x455BCA, error 0xC0000094. Apparently kamikazes must have "plan B" if a target disappears smile.png or communicate with their commander anyway smile.png

Moreover, UFO detection messagebox corresponds to normal radar. Other bases have only HW decoders, so the dismantled radar continues working(?)

May be it is worth to add the description of the retaliation to in-game ufopaedia? And/Or add a special ship type - Retaliator ? To move with 1st cosmic speed in earth atmosphere, aliens must develop some special hull/technology.

base_dismantled_kamikaze_arrives.rar

Funny mod! Now aliens have a real chance to destroy XCOM, they only need to find and bomb all XCOM bases!

Is it HP is also modified? To move with 1st cosmic speed in earth atmosphere, aliens must develop some special hull/technology.

Glad you appreciate it. I never understood why the aliens had to invade an X-Com base. They don't need the technology of the humans. If they are attempting to quell the human governments, what better way than to take out their points of resistance in the most shock-and-awe manner as possible. With no air resistance just how fast do you think a gravity drive could propel a spacecraft/asteroid from Mars to Earth especially if you're not planning on decelerating? The initial code was pretty simple, thanks for pointing out the faults. For now, don't remove the lift and let the "ship" complete its mission so the cycle will end without incident.

hmm..seems so. try this file and see what happens when you finish research on another item so the subroutine is activated again.

It works! Thank you.

I also noticed the following. For example I have a soldier with a laser rifle is going to shoot Sectoid, armed with a plasma rifle. Sectoid do a reaction fire (before my fire), misses, then my soldier shoots as if he had a sectoid's plasma rifle. Same thing with Cyberdisc too. I noticed this about a year ago.

It works! Thank you.

I also noticed the following. For example I have a soldier with a laser rifle is going to shoot Sectoid, armed with a plasma rifle. Sectoid do a reaction fire (before my fire), misses, then my soldier shoots as if he had a sectoid's plasma rifle. Same thing with Cyberdisc too. I noticed this about a year ago.

Great! I'm glad it was just a typo in one of the fixes. The other problem is a side effect of the more reaction fire option. With the new file tell me if it still occurs.

Another observation.

I researched a live Sectoid Engineer, after this appears a window with words, that i can produce the Grav Shield (It is not appeared in the UFOpaedia). And i really can build it, but the project "Grav Shield" is still in the list of possible researches.

Another observation.

I researched a live Sectoid Engineer, after this appears a window with words, that i can produce the Grav Shield (It is not appeared in the UFOpaedia). And i really can build it, but the project "Grav Shield" is still in the list of possible researches.

did you first research the grav shield?

No, only live Sectoid. At first I thought it was Sectoid told me about this technology.

Here is the savegame with built shield and project in the list of possible researches.

And my ini file of Xtender.

By the way, i use x-com with the voice patch (old voices of alien deaths).

And one more question. Etherials are very very hard to kill, they can "absorb" 9 hits from heavy plasma,is it difficulty improvement or bug? Or i did something wrong in the ini file?

game_1.zip

UFOExtenderINI.zip

And one more question. Etherials are very very hard to kill, they can "absorb" 9 hits from heavy plasma,is it difficulty improvement or bug? Or i did something wrong in the ini file?

In your *.ini,

Know Thy Enemy =1

In attached save game , you didn't research Ethereal corpse yet.

Hence a damage of your firearms to this creature is capped.

Etherials are very very hard to kill, they can "absorb" 9 hits from heavy plasma,is it difficulty improvement or bug? Or i did something wrong in the ini file?

The combination of "know thy enemy" and "ablative armor" with their high armor rating makes them very tough. Also, they are flying around in robes, what type of armor do you think they have?

Tycho, you have mentioned before the Fusion defences require Fusion balls to operate.

Is it a craft ammo?

How many ammos requires per defence module?

Does it reload properly while grav shield activated?

Will it be effective to build more than one gravshields (mindshields) on the same base?

Tycho, you have mentioned before the Fusion defences require Fusion balls to operate.

Is it a craft ammo?

How many ammos requires per defence module?

Does it reload properly while grav shield activated?

Will it be effective to build more than one gravshields (mindshields) on the same base?

They use blaster bombs not fusion balls. (since you'll usually have a lot on hand as the game progresses and they are the cheapest to produce under normal production requirements.) Each module uses 4/6 bombs when it fires. [6 on superhuman.] Yes, they reload for the second round when a grav shield is present.

Extra grav shields/mind shields don't provide any additional benefits as per the normal game rules.

No, only live Sectoid. At first I thought it was Sectoid told me about this technology.

By the way, i use x-com with the voice patch (old voices of alien deaths).

OK. I forgot to put a skip into a section so the grav shield was made available incorrectly. This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the information!

OK. I forgot to put a skip into a section so the grav shield was made available incorrectly. This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the information!

Thanks for the working on this awesome game!

Another information:

I have 2 bases, on each base i researching a 1 same project (blaster bomb), this project completes on 1 of the base, but another base continue researching this project. And after researching i can not manufacture a blaster bomb (but i can manufacture a blaster launcher). And is no research project of plasma cannon (ship weapon), but i researched the plasma weapons and some live aliens.

Thanks for the working on this awesome game!

Another information:

I have 2 bases, on each base i researching a 1 same project (blaster bomb), this project completes on 1 of the base, but another base continue researching this project. And after researching i can not manufacture a blaster bomb (but i can manufacture a blaster launcher). And is no research project of plasma cannon (ship weapon), but i researched the plasma weapons and some live aliens.

Things are working as expected. If you check the known issues on UFOpaedia.org, you'll see that the issue with research on the same project at multiple bases, has been part of the base game since the beginning. There is no reason to do this as the efforts do not stack.

Things with the research are working as planned. Under the "alternate research tree" mode, the big items require input from alien engineers to unlock the production of such items or to advance human knowledge in the field in such a short amount of time. After what you have written, you shouldn't be able to manufacture plasma weapons also.

Somehow Avenger -2 (see savegame attached )could have negative speed (?) -22000

In fact, it moves normally, but does not intercept an alien craft, simply follows it.

Avenger- 1, however, intercepts the crafts normally.

If one loads without Extender, there is no such abnormality .

I think I have found this issue and fixed it. (at least my initial testing seems to show it's fixed.)

Things are working as expected. If you check the known issues on UFOpaedia.org, you'll see that the issue with research on the same project at multiple bases, has been part of the base game since the beginning. There is no reason to do this as the efforts do not stack.

Things with the research are working as planned. Under the "alternate research tree" mode, the big items require input from alien engineers to unlock the production of such items or to advance human knowledge in the field in such a short amount of time.

Thanks for the explanation, i will catch more engineers.

After what you have written, you shouldn't be able to manufacture plasma weapons also.

I can produce plasma pistol, rifle, heavy plasma and ammo for them. I have researched a 2 or 3 alien engineers (Sectoids), maybe they unlocked my plasma weapons.

How many people play with the tactical AI mod? For those that do, have you noticed any differences in alien behavior on terror missions?

[Enhanced Tactical AI]

Apply=1

Autofire Distance=8

Snap Distance=16

This?

Aliens shoots at the civilians, x-com agents, throw grenades, as usual. But i noticed, that aliens sometimes exploding themselves with the grenades.

[Enhanced Tactical AI]

Apply=1

Aliens shoots at the civilians, x-com agents, throw grenades, as usual. But i noticed, that aliens sometimes exploding themselves with the grenades.

Yes. What aliens have you fought in terror missions?

By the way, how about 80 items limit on the skyranger-mission? Is it moddable?

It is impractical to do with the extender: One would have to replace the current obpos.dat with a new one and then remap it to a new memory location since the size of current one is fixed in memory with no room for expansion. Change each and every parameter in the various subroutines that reference the object table (which is done in a variety of ways so there is no set standard method to look for in the code.) Once done, other routines would have to be adjusted to compensate for the new parameters. These change would necessitate other changes to be made to other routines, and so on.... I'd be rewriting a large portion of the entire program.

The in the mod, EU aliens become more brutal than their cousines in TFTD. Though only high ranking aliens have blaster launchers, (despite of TFTD where all soldiers at last stages have DPL), they become more dangerous as they more frequently fire from it. Moreover, they detect my troops even in upper sections of Alien base lifts and blast them through lift holes quiclky. How it works ???

wish list:

How about to make a "motion scanner" as an "enemy scanner" like you did in TFTD?

somehow large aliens are marked by only one blip, meanwhile the old motion scanner easily detects such kind of badassery. Also the scanner shows MC-ed soldiers, its good, but didnt discriminate aliens on different floors.

More reaction fire is a too buggy mod. ALiens tosses grenades to opposite directions to XCOM, Killed by reaction fire units stiil can shoot and move (one last time however), units can detect enemy without direct sight contact....

Is it possible to make a mission generator? user choose terrain, mission type, spend some money on soldiers, armor, weapon etc. and go on...