New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Thanks, Okim. :)

'Who' and 'Phrase' are the only ones used.

'Who' - the exact code you entered in the 'DialogPers' tab for that character. (upper/ lower case matters!)

'Phrase' - the string shown on the screen while in DialogPlay()

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Thanks for clarification, but i`m afraid i need a bit more info. I failed to see any connection between body armours and uniforms. Those mysterical 'uniform group' values does not lead to any other uniforms, not even to any models or pers. So, what are these values and where to take them from?

Okim,

It's in dbo_RPGBodyArmourInfos table.

- ModelID (the ID of the model used in the 'Models' editor tab)

- ArmorGroup (the type of Armor heavy (3), medium (2), light (1))

- UniformGroup (used in the 'Uniforms' editor tab to assign that particular body armor model to uniforms with the same UniformGroup).

Finding a fitting armor model is purely empirical, at least it was that way for me. I remember testing UniformGroup IDs (from existing uniforms) with each new uniform model that didn't have a 'dedicated' body armor model, then loading a template with a bunch of armors and trying them on (crawling, crouching, standing, running, shooting Rifle, shooting MG, etc.) to see if they were a good match and there was no obvious clipping, etc. If it didn't look good - I'd repeat the cycle until a reasonable match was found. I know it's tedious but it gets the job done...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Thanks for the tips. Didn`t even think that those 'infos' had anything if value at all.

While uniforms and body armours e somewha easy to deal with - i have real problems with understanding the whole dialogue system...

So, i created a new XLS file with a couple of phrases for 'hero' and 'major'. I found a dialogue that happens after the first mission - 'BD_01' and tried to replace its file with the one i`ve made (by export), but got a ODBC error saying something about architecture of source file mismatchig the one that is needed.

Any tips?

So, i created a new XLS file with a couple of phrases for 'hero' and 'major'. I found a dialogue that happens after the first mission - 'BD_01' and tried to replace its file with the one i`ve made (by export), but got a ODBC error saying something about architecture of source file mismatchig the one that is needed.

Any tips?

Did you configure MSExcel in Administrative Tools?

EditorTips_1%2528ExcelFilesConfig%2529.png

My suggestion would be - not to overwrite any of the original entries and files. I found that adding (creating new entries) instead of replacing helps avoid potential problems down the road.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Nope i didn`t. It was initially present in administrative tools and i did nothing to configure it What do i need to modify there?.

As long as it's there it should be ok... if I remember correctly.

How about other important things:

- Do the 'Source', 'Resources' and 'Tools' in the editor preferences refer to [C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Silent Storm - Sentinels\Source\], [C:\PROGRAM FILES\JOWOOD\SILENT STORM - SENTINELS\RES\], [C:\PROGRAM FILES\JOWOOD\SILENT STORM - SENTINELS\TOOLS\] addresses respectively?

- Is the .xls file you are trying to import ('export') located in the 'Source' folder in your Sentinels main directory? Subfolders inside the 'Source' folder will work just fine. (It's convenient for sorting and organizing.)

- Do the dialog pers' code names match the ones in your .xls file? ' Major ' for the Major and ' nmdHeroAllied ' for the hero, without quotes.

- When importing ('exporting') a dialog - the code ( the one used in DialogPlay ( " code " ) ) is created automatically. It will always match the name of the file you are importing.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Sorry for the late reply, but here it is

Lt, you think it's too advanced for Sentinels?.. or it doesn't belong in their base?.. ???

Generally, I like side plots whether they are related to the main quest line or are completely independent.

Don't worry I am not abandoning "Die Wolfe", just adding different things along the way that's all.

(Of course, I could have added a single switch somewhere or an automatic update script like Watchdog. I chose not to.)

Well, I think it maybe too advance for the Sentinels, at least we need an explanation of why these spheres are there and where they come from. Aliens would make sense in the context of the Alternative Reality setting we are going for. When there was talk about a training facility, I thought about a obstacle course and a shooting range and stuff like that and not super secret experimental spheres of some sort.

Also whats Facility X-31 or Area X-31? Did I miss a mission or map or something?

Found the problem, but unfortunatelly i can`t fix it. I need a 32bit MS access to allow the ODBC exports from anything MS office related. And since i have 64bit version - i get that error.

Sorry to hear that, Okim.

Sorry for the late reply, but here it is

No problem, Lt.

I'm still undecided on how to proceed with this so any feedback and ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Well, I think it maybe too advance for the Sentinels, at least we need an explanation of why these spheres are there and where they come from. Aliens would make sense in the context of the Alternative Reality setting we are going for. When there was talk about a training facility, I thought about a obstacle course and a shooting range and stuff like that and not super secret experimental spheres of some sort.

Yes, aliens. Ecthel identified those as such as well. What kind of explanation would you suggest ?(keep in mind we don't have skeletons/models for aliens)

As for the shooting range - I am still working on it. I've gone through several iterations already... scrapped most of them... Here are some screenshots of the last version:

ShootingRange1_%2528TargetPractice%2529.png

This is just a template. I'll probably place it on a larger map with a forest and a road around it... We'll see...

The terrorist/civilian target training - is a timed exercise or a challenge (if I figure out the script for it) when various targets randomly appear and disappear in those two doorways. Hitting the armed guys and not the civilians is its primary goal...

ShootingRange2a_%2528TargetHit%2529.png

The default animation for that object was to fold back and stay that way. I made it 'multi-use' with scripts and animations.

ShootingRange2b_%2528TargetWorn%2529.png

To avoid having an ugly looking target I scripted a special routine to replace it.

ShootingRange3_%2528TargetReplacement%2529.png

The screen fades out...(the target is replaced) the screen fades in... and we continue our training...

I couldn't stand the vanilla Chatellerault and decided to create something better for Rocco.

ShootingRange4_%2528BackToTheSphere%2529.png

This passage gets us back to the 'Training Modules' area.

[EDIT] This whole area is indestructible. Every object, wall, floor, passage, frame, barbed wire, etc. is unbreakable (including the targets).

Still unclear about the best way to approach obstacle course/grenade training (I am not even sure if we need those at all)...

Also whats Facility X-31 or Area X-31? Did I miss a mission or map or something?

Similar to area-51 in the U.S. (and the myths it originated).

You didn't miss anything, I was just brainstorming.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Hi there.

Do you know how to completely mod out item in inventory from pers and store?

I seem to be able to ADD items, but those which i remove are still present in the game...

Okim,

Can you be a bit more specific about what it is you are trying to do?

Are you attempting to remove an RPG item you created? If so, as long as you don't place it in the zone (template/map) or anyone's inventory (in th 'Pers' tab or via script) or chest it won't show up.

Remember to 'update game data' (or restart the editor) every time you add or remove items from 'Pers' or 'Chests' for the changes to show.

When changing item quantities in any existing per's inventory - don't delete them! Just put a '0' there.

In your own inventory/chest item lists you can do whatever you want (add, delete, change quanities, etc.)

Removing items from templates is done with - ItemRemove(GetItem("Name")) (you'd need to enter a name in the 'Name' field)

Removing items from units' inventories with - UnitRemoveInventoryItem( unit, itemID )

To add/remove an item from the shop (sellers' inventory) you'd need to work with dbo_RPGShopItems table. Keep in mind that the default ammo (ammo color 0), even after being removed from the shop, will still show up in there once a weapon using it appears in the shop, i.e. if the player sells it.

It would be great to be able to create custom shops (specific item selections for specific areas or factions. So far I haven't had much success with it) sad.png

I am not aware of any functions allowing us to modify the storage contents (aside from UnitMoveInventoryToStore ( unit ))

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

When changing item quantities in any existing per's inventory - don't delete them! Just put a '0' there.

Oops... Well, i deleted vanilla items earlier from all per`s inventories and to make sure they will never appear - removed them from RPGItems datasheet. They are still there regarding any changes i`ve made.

Same goes for the shop inventory. All the removed items still show up in it even after i deleted all the entries from the database...

Compton and his Clue

I think he would be responsible for developing the lightning-based weapons you mentioned, since he's the one with the most knowledge of how the "Sphere" works. Of course, if you think keeping him alive is a bad idea, perhaps have the clue found on his body inspire another Sentinel-aligned scientist to develop said weapons.

As for the clue, probably something about how the "Sphere's" properties made the Accelerated Training Protocol possible. If you choose to keep him dead, it would probably also include details on how the "Sphere" generates and projects electricity.

The "Sphere"

I'm thinking that the "Sphere" is the power source of an alien ship that crashed sometime before the war. It was salvaged and taken to what is now Sentinels HQ (then called Site X-1, perhaps?) to be studied, and the people tasked with doing so eventually came up with the Accelerated Training Protocol by utilizing its unique properties (time-warping, perhaps?). They may also have managed to integrate the "Sphere" into the base's power system. Before they could do anything more with it, the Sentinels (or the people who would eventually form them) captured the base, though the original owners managed to destroy all their research notes and send the operating tapes to other facilities. Presumably, all the scientists who worked on it were killed in one way or another.

As for who did the salvaging and studying, I'm guessing Thor's Hammer. Sci-fi supertech is their specialty and, IIRC, they've done it before in S2. As for the aliens themselves, they don't need to show up. The ones that crashed are probably all dead, and the rest probably don't even know they're gone.

Hi, sorry to bother you once again.

I kinda managed to overcome the problem with unremovable items from pers inventories (there are lots of files like 'weapons4pers', 'grenades4pers' in the database that turned out to be the ones responsible for pers inventories). However i still have issues with seller`s (shop) inventory. It doesn`t seem to have any datasheet in the base that covers all the available items for sell except for that 'shopinventory' one. Clearing it does not clear the shop`s available items. Even setting quantity to '0' does not remove the items, which is very odd at the least.

The idea is to get rid of all of the original weapons, items AND specifically - redressable uniforms. Even if i delete all the stuff from 'RPGitems' - they still appear in the store and are usable.

So, any tips here?

BTW, putting items into store (not shop) inventory is a bit tricky, but possible. All you need is a hidden neutral 'guy' somewhere on the base template which you use as a transfer point to create stuff and put it into the store.

Compton and his Clue

I think he would be responsible for developing the lightning-based weapons you mentioned, since he's the one with the most knowledge of how the "Sphere" works. Of course, if you think keeping him alive is a bad idea, perhaps have the clue found on his body inspire another Sentinel-aligned scientist to develop said weapons.

Thank you, Ecthel. I don't mind keeping him alive at all. And if he is alive and well, I guess, we might need a dialog or something when the energy shield, separating the plasma battery room and the rest of the facility, is disengaged and we find him trapped in there.

Hmm... he's probably going to be a quest giver then, if we want to follow up on the 'Mysteries of the Sentinel Base' quest. Compton might also ask us to find certain items for him that would allow him to disengage the shield blocking the 'sphere room'... (btw, if you have an idea for a conversation - shoot, I'll import it. Sometimes it takes me longer to write those than to script or build some of the templates.)

Would you mind developing it a bit further? I might need some help with this.

As for the clue, probably something about how the "Sphere's" properties made the Accelerated Training Protocol possible. If you choose to keep him dead, it would probably also include details on how the "Sphere" generates and projects electricity.

Good idea! What would Compton know at this point? And what items would we need to find for him (if anything at all)? I already created a high capacity cable - capable of withstanding large electrical currents.

SphereItems1_%2528ElecricalCord%2529.png

We get it in Bredow (I finished scripting it, see next post) and a few other places (suggestions???)...

anything else? Conductors, capacitors, relays, something protective, perhaps (suggestions???)

The "Sphere"

I'm thinking that the "Sphere" is the power source of an alien ship that crashed sometime before the war. It was salvaged and taken to what is now Sentinels HQ (then called Site X-1, perhaps?) to be studied, and the people tasked with doing so eventually came up with the Accelerated Training Protocol by utilizing its unique properties (time-warping, perhaps?). They may also have managed to integrate the "Sphere" into the base's power system. Before they could do anything more with it, the Sentinels (or the people who would eventually form them) captured the base, though the original owners managed to destroy all their research notes and send the operating tapes to other facilities. Presumably, all the scientists who worked on it were killed in one way or another.

I like that. Site X-1 and other details - hmm... I see why Compton should stay alive.

Now, when I read 'time warping' I immediately thought of 'time travel' (might not be what you meant but still...) - it would be interesting to implement limited time travel to WWII era, for example, to achieve specific, maybe even time limited objectives. (retrieve an item, save someone, etc.)

Great details, Ecthel! smile.png

As for who did the salvaging and studying, I'm guessing Thor's Hammer. Sci-fi supertech is their specialty and, IIRC, they've done it before in S2. As for the aliens themselves, they don't need to show up. The ones that crashed are probably all dead, and the rest probably don't even know they're gone.

Those pesky, Thor's Hammer. smile.png

Aside from using the 'sphere' as a source of electricity - wouldn't TH have some sinister goals/ plans for it?

What would they need the 'sphere' for? Tesla tech development? Recharging their plasma guns? Some kind of cetrifuge? Atomic studies? Something else???

(I am done with scripting of the DanBad branch - Falkensee Intact/ Falkensee Evacuated and Bredow - , see next post)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I've been putting the scenario together (New Global map, Brandenburg chapter marker, individual encounter markers with descriptions, opening Zones when necessary, Global variable scheme etc.)

SENTINELS_MAP%2528Global_Europe_1942%2529_PNG.png

I don't remember where I got it. I know it's a part of a much larger 1942 map (modified by me to fit the Sentinels' UI)

..and here is the same Global Map with some 'accessories':

SENTINELS_MAP%2528Global_Europe_1942%2529_Accessories_PNG.png

You might recognize the infamous Dr. M in there... Originally it was created for a wartime scenario but it should fit the 1948 theme as well.

Now, if someone has a better map - by all means share, I'll see if I can custom fit it.

I found the numbered chapter markers kind of boring... so I decided to try something new. Take a look:

ChapterMarkers1_%2528BrandenAndBavaria%2529.png

One of my kids described them as "cute"... errr... yeah, well, I was hoping for a manlier description... but whatever. wink.png

Ok, the chapter maps...

That's what we'll see when entering the Brandenburg chapter for the first time.

ChapterBrandenburg_01%2528BodiesFound%2529.png

I might need help with individual mission chapter map descriptions. Unfortunately they stay the same before and after entering them - so they need to be rather 'general' in content...

----------------------------------------------------

------------ready for editing: scenario zone descriptions --------------------------------------

«Bodies Found»

Recently someone started flooding the market with large amounts of counterfeit Deutschmarks and Ostmarks. Herr Lander asked you to investigate this matter.

Brandenburg is a Soviet controlled province and you will need to work closely with the Soviet intelligence.

---------------------------------------------------

«Counterfeit»

The bodies of two Soviet border patrol officers were found in the vicinity of Potsdam. Lt. Col. Mikhalev suspects foul play. He asked you to investigate one of his underlings, Captain Danilov, and report back your findings.

«Debrief»

Lt. Col. Mikhalev's Headquarters.

(I am not sure if I am going to feature 'Debrief' as an enterable area yet...)

«Falkensee»

The place where Dr. Jens Meier's medical practice is located.

«Bredow»

The suspected location of Mikhalev's double. Tread with caution.

«Paretz»

The location of a supposed drug deal.

«Blumberg»

The suspected location of a drug lab.

«Seefeld»

A small railroad station to the north-east of Berlin.

«Central RR Depot»

A large railroad depot located in East Berlin.

...and here is the chapter view after finishing all the BadDan missions - "Bodies Found" introduction to Lt. Col. Mikhalev in Potsdam, killing the imposter Captain..."Counterfeit" in Nedlitz, recovering the 'Patient Log' in "Falkensee" and neutralizing the Mikhalev's double in "Bredow").

ChapterBrandenburg_03%2528Falkensee%2529.png

...done in-game...

All right, if we let the imposter Captain Danilov go - "Falkensee" opens up (the evacuated version in this case)

FalkenseeZoneEvac1_%2528Start%2529.png

The party bravely marches in... (the bad guys are not present on the map during the cutscene)

...but something doesn't feel right.... hmm... The party stops and...

FalkenseeZoneEvac2_%2528Hint%2529.png

...after the hint, our units go into crouch...

------------------------------------------

ready for editing: Falkensee Evacuated starting hint

Falkensee Clinic,

It appears Dr. Meier's clinic is being hastily evacuated... Wait! It's an ambush! Get down!

-----------------------------------------

It might be a good idea to get off the black top to avoid taking too much damage.

FalkenseeZoneEvac3_%2528EnemyAttacks%2529.png

Remember those times when you got into a fight, opened fire (regardless of the type of weapon you had) and the AI units positioned a block away would just stand there 'smoking'... completely unaware of what's going on?

Well, it won't happen anymore. I tweaked the weapon noise to the point that a regular/not suppressed weapon - creates enough noise for the AI to hear it anywhere on the map (the largest template I tested it on was 112x112).

How they react to it depends on the AI default behavior (alarmed "?" state) and/or on the individual scripts. By default they might run towards the sound, shoot at it and then move towards it or hide and flank that position... (there might be some other routines I forgot to mention).

Now, using silenced weapons makes more sense... since any other firearms will reveal your position to the enemy. The silenced ones won't unless you are a few feet away... (of course, it works both ways and you can 'map' the AI positions as well...)

FalkenseeZoneEvac4_%2528ShootingRegWeapRevealsthem%2529.png

Apparently, they've been waiting for us.

FalkenseeZoneEvac5_%2528EnemyMovesIn%2529.png

...cheat 'see all' is on... Normally, you wouldn't see those units unless you see or hear them.

They are everywhere... coming from all directions.

Once we are done with them, we pick up the 'Note' their leader drops...

FalkenseeZoneEvac6_%2528Note%2529.png

I just realized I am missing the "...he outlived his usefulness...destroy all evidence of our..." line. I'll need to edit it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

ready for editing: Falkensee evacuated D.W. leader 'Note'

Unsigned Note

The note is ripped. You can only make out a few incomplete sentences:

"...Sentinel unit. Stay alert, they are..."

"..he outlived his usefulness..."

"...destroy all evidence of our..."

-------------------------------------------------------------

(I think it's been edited already, but since I accidentally overwrote it and had to redo it, I'll just include it too...)

FalkenseeZoneEvac8_%2528CanLeaveNow%2529.png

...and the destroyed patient log.

If you think the OutLog string message in the upper left corner (or anything else) needs to be changed, adjusted, etc., please let me know.

it's [DEAD END] meaning...no "Bredow", no "Kommandant".

---------------------------------------------------------

ready for editing: Falkensee Evacuated final OutLog Message

Without any viable evidence this appears to be a dead end!

Well, there were a couple of funny moments, the game's engine and physics make all kinds of silly things possible. Like this one, for instance:

FalkenseeZoneEvac10_%2528Acrobat%2529.png

(see next post for Falkensee Intact)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Next - Falkensee Intact.

For those who are wondering what it is I am doing and why it is taking so 'long'...

- First we developed a plot (subplot in this case),

- after that I built the templates (the 'maps'),

- then added/created the RPG items and elements (driving the plot logically),

- primitive scripts (i.e. can't leave zone - found item/killed someone/disabled something - pop-up or hint description - can leave zone - open next scenario zone),

- now I placed units on those templates and fully scripted those encounters from A to Z (intro>>fight>>intermediate events>>objective complete>>exit).

Anyway, once we kill the BadDan - "Falkensee" scenario zone shows up on the Brandenburg chapter map. Upon entering we watch a short cutscene presenting the zone

FalkenseeZoneIntact1_%2528Start%2529.png

...leading to a dialog between Dr. Meier and his nurse...

FalkenseeZoneIntact2_%2528DocToNurse%2529.png

Ready for editing:

FalkenseeIntact_Dlg1

Dr. Meier: (annoyed) Did the Captain call? He is several hours late for his procedure.

Nurse: No, Herr Meier. I will try to reach him again.

Dr.Meier: Thank you. Oh and tell him if he needs to reschedule, he should call at least a day in advance.

Nurse: I will, Herr Meier.

Obviously, the doc doesn't know his patient is dead...(ha!)

Now, we get our usual friendly pop-up, reminding us about what we are looking for...

FalkenseeZoneIntact3_%2528Pop-up%2529.png

--------------------------------------------------------

ready for editing: Falkensee Intact starting Hint

Find the connection between Dr. Meier and the imposter Captain killed in Nedlitz.

--------------------------------------------------------

FalkenseeZoneIntact4_%2528StartingPosition%2529.png

There are a few patrols in there...

Wait! If they don't know we are coming then why do they have armed civilians patroling the place?..

Well, the answer is in their leader's (the guy in a blue striped suit) inventory.

Not essential - but crossing some Ts (logically...) nonetheless...

When fighting, watch out for the 'Nurse' - she is a literal 'badass' (higher HPs, Perk heavy, etc.) carrying poisoned scalpels (I created specifically for her).

FalkenseeZoneIntact5_%2528PoisonedScalpels%2529.png

They have a bit of a greenish tint if we look closer...just don't TOUCH! smile.png

These are melee/ throwing weapons with high critical bonus and a slight probability of knocking the target unconscious (10% currently if their HPs are < 50%)

Once they are all dead...

FalkenseeZoneIntact6_%2528Note%2529.png

...we realize that Linz had been a thorn in their side too...

------------------------------------------------------

ready for editing: Falkensee Intact D.W. leader 'Note'

Unsigned Note

The note is ripped. You can only make out a few incomplete sentences:

"...Linz and his goons. He might..."

"...not to irritate her... good at throwing them."

------------------------------------------------------

Picking up the "Patient List" produces this pop-up:

FalkenseeZoneIntact7_%2528LastPop-upMessage%2529.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ready for editing: DanIsNotTheOnlyPatient pop-up

Apparently, the imposter captain wasn't the only patient Dr. Meier had...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

and...

FalkenseeZoneIntact8_%2528BredowOpensUp%2529.png

...and now that we are done with "Falkensee" - our next stop is "Bredow".

(see next post)

Okim,

Instead of deleting RPG items - just change their 'rating' to something greater than the last scenario block number (or just a '100' or a '1000') in dbo_RPGShopItems. That's it.

It should prevent that item from showing up in the seller's RPG item selection available for sale.

I am glad you figured out the dialogs. smile.png

Lt.,

Dr. M was supposed to be a high priority target in that scenario...

The fine red script on that photo states: '...Extreme prejudice...seek and destroy...'

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

All right, on to "Bredow"...

ChapterBrandenburg_04%2528Bredow%2529.png

This one's going to be long...

Upon entering "Bredow" we get to watch two goons having a conversation:

BredowZone1_%2528Dialog%2529.png

The Driver (the one to the right) brought some booze (yes, 'Blunter Distilleries and Wineries' are featured here again) and wants to get in, but the security system around the manor is 'kaput'. Despite Driver's efforts to convince the Guard on the other side to open the gate - the guard refuses... and for a good reason too...

BredowZone2_%2528Dialog%2529.png

----------------------------------

Ready for editing:

Bredow_Dlg1

Guard: Hey, you'll have to wait. The boss says not to touch the gate until Oswald gets back from Seefeld.

Driver: Are you serious? I might have to sit here all night waiting for him.

Guard: He is the one who installed this damn security system - he is the one who is going to fix it.

Driver: Look, I have the old key right here. Let me unlock the gate and we'll figure out how to disable the alarm.

Guard: Yeah, right. Did you forget what happened last time it went off?.. I don't mind the boss yelling at me, but when the Kommandant's enforcers showed up... I don't want to relive that moment again.

Driver: Did you try the second switch near the west gate?

Guard: Did you even see what happened to this one? No? It went up in smoke and sparks... I almost lost my right arm. Nope! I am not touching it...

Driver: (angrily) Fine, I'll just sit here and enjoy the booze I brought. Evidently, no one else is interested in it.

Guard: Listen, I know you are upset. Just don't try to ram any of the walls with your truck. Oswald wired them to respond to damage as well.

Driver: Oh, save it! Oswald this, Oswald that... Whatever!

The point of this dialog is to:

- bring up Oswald (the character who drops the note with fingerprints in Seefeld - Small RR Station) to 'connect the dots'...

- mention the 'enforcers' one of the elite D.W. units who'll show up if the alarm is triggered

- give a hint to the player about the security system (gate, walls, the first switch is malfunctioning, the second switch is the one we need) and how to deactivate it.

After that we get another one of those friendly pop-ups:

BredowZone3_%2528Pop-up%2529.png

--------------------------------------------

ready for editing: FindAndNeuter

Find and neutralize Mikhalev's double.

...and one more:

BredowZone4_%2528Pop-up%2529.png

-------------------------------------------

ready for editing: BonusObjective

Bonus Objective: Disable the security system around the manor.

-------------------------------------------

That is, basically, the equivalent of Paretz - 'Save Erwin' with a lvl up reward once completed.

If not - the +1 lvl is forfeited and we'd have to deal with the enforcers - which is not impossible, but a tad more difficult...

BredowZone5_%2528Security%2529.png

Every wall is 'wired'. Once it changes it's destruction stage - the alarm is triggered. The same applies to the gates. A good engineer might be very useful here.

Holly volunteered for this exercise:

BredowZone6_%2528OpeningGate%2529.png

...the alarm is delayed (2 turns), normally allowing the owner to disable the mechanism without triggering it...

Well, it is convenient... for intruders like us. wink.png

BredowZone8_%2528TheWestSwitch%2529.png

...a level 9 (min 8) engineer is highly recommended here. Have them bring some good lockpicks too.

If we triggered the alarm (i.e. waited too long) and then try to deactivated it then:

BredowZone9_%2528IfWaitTooLong%2529.png

----------------------------------------

ready for editing: OutLog DisablingAfterAlarmTriggered

There is nothing you can do. The alarm's been already triggered.

----------------------------------------

BTW, there is a siren sound once the alarm is a triggered. (it lasts for about 15 seconds and then gradually dies down).

BredowZone10_%2528EnforcersShowUp%2529.png

...they are bad boys who like to hurt people... (he-he)

Their stats are a bit higher than the manor guards', but nothing super-duper...

Oh, and this guy too:

BredowZone11_%2528DrinkingDude%2529.png

Keep in mind the 'enforcers' and him are Player 2 (the guards are 1) - meaning: one cycle of turns - might end the alarm delay (not always, but most frequently), in other words - once the gate is opened - it's best to disable the alarm without initiating combat or going into turn-based. (Stay in real-time)

What if we do everything right? Well...

BredowZone12_%2528DisablingAlarm%2529.png

BredowZone13_%2528Success%2529.png

BredowZone14_%2528MoreSuccessNoTelephone%2529.png

----------------------------------------------

ready for editing:

OutLog UponUnlockingTheGate

The alarm delay clock is ticking...

Pop-up message - WantToRewireSwitch?

Wiil you attempt to rewire the circuitry (yes) or will you leave it alone (no)?

pop-up message - SuccessRetrieveCord

You manage to rewire the circuits and salvage a high capacity electrical cord.

pop-up message - SuccessPhoneDead

Good job! The telephone lines are now dead as well.

No enforcers and... we get a +1 lvl!

Now, the guards patroling the place can trigger the alarm too. Let's see:

BredowZone15_%2528PatrolsAndEmergencyPhone%2529.png

It doesn't happen magically. They have to spot you, then run to the emergency phone to activate the alarm. If the phone is destroyed then they just fight you. Of course we could kill them... Sure, but it won't help with the above mentioned delay... so... be careful and calculating.

BredowZone16_%2528SpottedWhoPrevails%2529.png

---------------------------------------------

ready for editing:

OutLog - Spotted

You've been spotted! The sentry is running towards the phone to trigger the alarm...

OutLog - WallOrGateDamaged

Damaging the perimeter structures triggered the alarm!

OutLog - DelayIsOver

The alarm delay is over! You've triggered the alarm!

OutLog - EngLower140

You've triggered the alarm!

Hmm... ready.. set.. go!

BredowZone17_%2528SpottedButDisabledRightAfter%2529.png

ready for editing: OutLog - AlarmPhoneDisabled

You've successfully disabled the alarm and the telephone lines!

The guards 'brains' are off for the run duration. He gets his AI back once he realizes - he's been duped...

BredowZone18_%2528GuardRunsToPhone%2529.png

...it's Bredow Olympics, wouldn't you agree? smile.png

BredowZone19_%2528GuardCursingPhoneDead%2529.png

ready for editing:

Bredow_Dlg2

Damn it! They disabled the phone lines... Bastards!

(in case the guard gets to the phone after the alarm's been disabled)

Bredow_Dlg3

Damn it! This phone is busted! Crap!

(in case the phone is destroyed before the guard gets to it)

...I know it's sad... but... one of us has to lose... Reminds me of Gari's "Better you than me" ...

BredowZone20_%2528TheEndZepernickOpens%2529.png

...and a Mac-50 pistol.

(I'll add the rest of the strings for editing a bit later...)

[EDIT] I've added all the strings...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I'll leave Falkensee and Bredow for tomorrow, I need to get some sleep.

Compton Dialogue

Well, since he's been stuck in there for at least 3 days, he might be unconscious at this point. Even if he isn't, he's probably too weak to talk much, if at all. As for dialogue, how about:

[scene start]

[shield goes down, squad heads in to look around]

Hero: Hmm? Is that a body over there?

[squad rushes over, Hero crouches next to body]

Hero: He's still alive, but just barely. We need to get him to the infirmary now!

[fade to black, cut to infirmary]

Hero: How is he?

Doctor: Still unconscious, but he's going to live. If you had found him any later...

Hero: I get the picture. So, I'm guessing he's the elusive Phillip Compton?

Doctor: That's correct. He'll likely remain unconscious for some time. I'll let you know when he wakes up.

Hero: Sounds good. In the meantime, I have an investigation to carry out.

[scene end]

Popup Message

It might be a good idea to investigate the room you found Compton in.

After completing a couple of encounters (and/or some other trigger), the doctor will be waiting in the HQ Lobby just next to the infirmary doors. Talking to him starts the next part:

[scene start]

Doctor: Lieutenant, Professor Compton is awake and well enough to talk.

Hero: Good, let's go.

[Doctor and Hero walk inside, fade to black, cut to Compton's bed]

Hero: Professor Compton?

Compton: Lieutenant. I understand that I have you to thank for my survival.

Hero: You can thank me by telling me what you were doing in there.

Compton: Ah, yes. I'm sure you've heard by now that I was assigned to investigate the 'sphere'. To cut a long story short, I noticed that the chamber you found me in contained what appeared to be power relays, and I decided to investigate more closely.

Hero: How did you make it in? I had to activate all the training modules to shut the barrier down, and only one of the tapes was in Sentinel hands.

Compton: You... you completed the protocol...? Oh, I'm sorry, it's just that I've been trying to do that for quite some time. Anyway, I discovered that I could temporarily deactivate the barrier by altering some of the circuitry. Once I had done that, I entered and began my investigation. It proceeded well enough, until the barrier reactivated sooner than I had expected.

Hero: That explains how you got in and why you did it, but not how you survived so long.

Compton: By chance, really. It was lunchtime and I decided to eat while investigating the chamber. The barrier closed before I had the opportunity to do so, leaving me with some food and tea. I rationed it out as best as I could, but...

Hero: I see. Hopefully, you found out something about the device after risking your life like that.

Compton: I have, actually. I won't bore you with the details, but I believe that I have unraveled how the 'sphere' projects its power to the training device without any visible cabling. I may even be able to replicate the effect, though I will require parts with specific capabilities before I can do so. Here, I've written down what I need.

Hero: I'll keep an eye out for them, Professor.

[scene end]

How's that?

Time Shenanigans

Well, I meant something like an extreme form of time dilation. To an outside observer, it'd just be a few seconds, but to the people inside the barrier when the ATP activates, it'd be much longer. Hmm, but I don't think that would work unless the "Sphere" also transports them elsewhere for a brief moment, the place clearly doesn't have the facilities for conventional, if much faster, training. Hmm... maybe I'll think of something after I get some sleep.

Thor's Hammer's "Sphere" Intentions

Well, it's possible that they haven't figured out what they wanted to do with it either, aside from studying it more. It is advanced alien tech, they were probably still figuring out what they can do with it. I don't think any of them would be willing (or able to, if they did destroy all the research notes and kill all the scientists) to tell us what they wanted to do with it anyway.

Well, I meant to do this sooner, but it completely slipped my mind since I passed out a couple of days ago and needed to recover, and my sisters are visiting for Christmas.

A question about Bredow, does rewiring the circuitry require the Engineer to make a skill check, and is there a consequence, aside from not getting the part and not cutting the phone lines, for failing that check? If there isn't a skill check, then perhaps the Yes/No choice is unnecessary.

Editing

«Bodies Found»

Recently, someone started flooding the market with large amounts of counterfeit Deutschmarks and Ostmarks. Herr Lander has asked you to investigate this matter. Brandenburg is a Soviet controlled province, so you will need to work with Soviet intelligence to avoid stepping on any toes.

Meet up with Lt. Col. Mikhalev, the head of local Soviet intelligence operations, and discuss the details of your cooperation.

«Counterfeit»

The bodies of two Soviet border patrol officers were found in the vicinity of Potsdam. Lt. Col. Mikhalev suspects foul play. He asked you to investigate one of his underlings, Captain Danilov, and report back with your findings.

«Debrief»

The headquarters of the local MGB branch. Lt. Col. Mikhalev has called you here for debriefing.

«Falkensee»

The location of Dr. Jens Meier's medical practice, where the imposter of Captain Danilov received his surgery. Investigate the area for clues as to who he is working for.

«Bredow»

The suspected location of Mikhalev's double. Tread with caution, he will likely be heavily guarded.

«Paretz»

The location of a supposed drug deal. Be careful, the drug dealers may be armed.

«Blumberg»

The suspected location of a drug lab. It will likely be guarded. Old records also indicate that this area was heavily mined, tread with extreme caution.

«Seefeld»

A small railroad station to the north-east of Berlin. The train is likely to be attacked here, lie in wait and ambush any attackers.

«Central RR Depot»

A large railroad depot located in East Berlin. It's time to reveal who the mole on Mikhalev's staff is. Be ready, they likely won't go down without a fight.

Falkensee Evacuated starting hint

Falkensee Clinic

It appears Dr. Meier's clinic is being hastily evacuated... Wait, it's an ambush! Take cover now!

Falkensee Evacuated final OutLog Message

The people responsible have successfully covered their tracks here. Falkensee is a dead end.

FalkenseeIntact_Dlg1

Dr. Meier: (annoyed) Has the Captain called yet? He is several hours late for his procedure.

Nurse: No, Herr Meier. I will try to reach him again.

Dr.Meier: Thank you. Oh, and tell him that if he needs to reschedule, he should call at least a day in advance.

Nurse: I will, Herr Meier.

Falkensee Intact final OutLog Message

Bredow has been marked on your map.

Bredow_Dlg1

Guard: Hey, you'll have to wait outside. The boss says not to touch the gate until Oswald gets back from Seefeld.

Driver: Are you serious? I might have to sit here all night waiting for him.

Guard: He's the one who installed this damn security system - he's the one who's going to fix it.

Driver: Look, I have the old key right here. Let me unlock the gate and we'll figure out how to disable the alarm.

Guard: Yeah, right. Did you forget what happened last time it went off? The boss yelling at me was bad enough, but then the Kommandant's enforcers showed up... I don't want to relive that moment again.

Driver: Did you try the second switch near the west gate?

Guard: I almost lost my right arm because this one damn near exploded! I am not taking that risk again.

Driver: (angrily) Fine, I'll just sit here and enjoy the booze I brought. Evidently, no one else is interested in it.

Guard: Listen, I know you're upset. Just don't try to ram the walls with your truck. Oswald wired them to respond to damage as well.

Driver: Oh, save it! Oswald this, Oswald that... Whatever!

OutLog DisablingAfterAlarmTriggered

There is nothing you can do now. The alarm has already been triggered.

OutLog UponUnlockingTheGate

The alarm delay is ticking, better hurry.

Pop-up message - WantToRewireSwitch?

Looks like the alarm uses a part Compton needs. Try to rewire the circuitry to get it?

OutLog - Spotted

You've been spotted! The sentry is running towards the phone to sound the alarm, stop him!

OutLog - DelayIsOver

The alarm delay is over! The alarm has been triggered!

OutLog - EngLower140

You triggered the alarm by accident!

Bredow_Dlg2

Damnit, they've disabled the phone lines!

Bredow_Dlg3

Damnit, the phone's busted!

Package

This large package is filled with various documents: American, German and Russian passports, maps, and several folders containing coded messages.

Mikhalev will definitely be interested in its contents.

There is an empty envelope attached to one of the document bundles. It has "Zepernick... Kommandant... personally" written on the front.

Great work, Ecthel! Thank you!

I'll import the corrections and finish the "Find Compton - Infirmary - condition - Talk to Compton - List of needed things - condition - Compton goes downstairs - bring Needed items - All items given - Compton does something (what????)"

Sorry to hear about that incident. Hope you are feeling better now.

I, myself, am down with the flu.

Will update as soon as I am done.

I had some questions about the sphere, I'll ask them a bit later - along with addressing yours. (there is a skill check in Bredow, btw)

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Excellent mod BlunterII. I don't see myself going back to vanilla S3 anytime soon.

I think I may have found a bug with the FASTER SHOTS perk. It doesn't seem to work at all. I've tested it on Sniper and Soldier and the cost for shot preparation on initial shots(ex: shots after moving/reloading) is still there. Just wanted to bring it to your attention since I didn't see any mention of it after a couple quick searches of the topic.

Finished Professor Compton and his little 'adventure'...

Ecthel,

Thanks for the ideas, the dlgs and your editing.

Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

As for your questions:

The only consequence to failing to disable the alarm system in "Bredow" is having to deal with the 'enforcers' and not getting the 'cable' (that we should be able to get elsewhere,... or, perhaps, even purchase it. It's rare and expensive but I don't think it's unique...)

I forgot to mention that the 'Driver' has a key that unlocks the alarm switch - so anyone can do it (if they kill him silently and grab the key, for example), but the final Eng check is pretty high for a non-engineer. That's why I added a Yes/No dialog for them to be able to back out of it at that point and have someone else do the rewiring...

Riftsaw,

Thank you. I am glad you liked the mod.

I'll see what I can do about the 'faster shots' perk.

Compton_A_01_%2528Start%2529.png

Nothing's been activated yet.

Compton_A_02_%2528AllActivatedShieldStillUp%2529.png

...and now we fast-forward...

Compton_A_03_%2528TotalUpdateInProgress%2529.png

It looks almost like a dance club... :)

Compton_A_04_%2528ShieldDown%2529.png

I tried to follow Ecthel's guidelines all throughout this mini quest...

Compton_A_05_%2528ShieldDownPopUp%2529.png

ready for editing:

MCrateOpened_pop-up

Hmm... the energy shield separating the strange relay room from the rest of the facility has powered down.

Compton_A_06_%2528Training_Dlg3%2529.png

Compton_A_07_%2528Training_Dlg4%2529.png

The whole quest is controlled via global variables. At this point Compton's var changes its value to 1.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~