Help?

13ad_Luck

Hi :lovetammy:

I just bought Ufo: Aftermath, installed the game and am having some difficulties, it loads extraodinarly slow,once in the menus it is horrible. I see the number 1 or 2 in red in the top right corner, I am guessing this is the frames per second (fps)?

When I originally installed it, the screen was just black. After going to configure and noticing no real options for me to change except the tick boxes, things got difficult. I have the latest drivers for my graphics card, but I am on a laptop, had to get a graphics mod to allow me to drop the refresh rate from 75mhz to 60mhz. Now the test screen appeared with this.

I downloaded latest patches which were apparently the same version on the cd. I don't know what else to do now,

could someone offer some assistance or direct me to where I can find some?

(I spent a while looking around on the official webpage but found that interactive support to be useless).

P.S. I have an ATi mobility radeon 9000 graphics card (64mb I think)

512 MB of DDR sdram

plenty of memory and p4 processor.

(I doubt it is my hardware at fault because I play HL2 and CS:S frequently on this computer and they are much more demanding)

Thank you in advance,

Nicholas E.

funk_ak@hotmail.com

I have the Omega drivers since my laptop company hasn't had any updates since 2004.

I have the latest directX. 9.something from the top of my head.

In the aftermath configure console it has 60hz.

My computer is virus, spyware and adware free. I check it everyday.

Maximum resolution would be 1400x1050 and my refresh options are 60Hz or 75Hz.

Thanks again for help.

• 9 months later...

Er, somewhat different but related problem.

Put myself into poverty to buy a new system that should last me at least 4 years :)

In any case, I copied over the AfterShock directory from my old PC and then reinstalled it. It only gives me a screen resolution of 1024x768, nothing else.

How can I make it work at 1680x1050? :)