Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

Ahhhhhh ... I see you request information about a quantum singularity device ;) .... Basically a device that brings multiple time loops together in order to physically transport an object over infinite indecscies of space and time dimensions :)

Physically would normally appear as a portal or rip in the fabric of our realm ... could be invisible or in most popular cases as a big whirlly glowy blue thing ;) damn gotta love them ;)

Effect could be that it initially pulls all surrounding objects doing some damage and then in effect it would work like a transporter from one place to another ... could take an enemy to another dimension or simply allow the user to translocate to another area .... possibly even withdraw from battle .

Like I said a trully amazing device working on some very sound theories of time/space travel ..... completely impossible to truly recreate however in it's most basic sence I'm sure it has some usefullness in the modding world :)

Anyways, this is a really great thing you do Aralez with the rebalancing and all .

Just thought I'd ask while i was talking to some of you experts .... I started up the game with a real buzz being well into the original (and best :) ) UFO: EU . Everything going well and had got to the second or third game mission (when you gotta enter the enemy craft and recover the equipment so x-com or whoever can lauch there big attack) . Cut a long story short it crashes when the geosphere screen loads ... my sollution was uninstall and re-install but now all I get is a screen that comes up "N-fren out of range" or something similar . Anyone else had this problem or know of anyway to solve it ?

Much appreciate any reply .

Thanks

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the Quantum Singularity Device is like the Personal Combat Teleporter that's in Apocalypse.

And, everyone keeps telling me that a Combat Teleporter is impossible to implement in UFO:AM without reprogramming the executable, which none of us know how to do, and is probably illegal to do as well.

So, we would have to start a major petition to Altar getting everyone united in order to get that kind of a modification in a patch. I don't think that it's going to happen. It's basically impossible to get people to unite over such a thing, because there are actually people who believe that a Combat Teleporter is not a good thing for game balance, if you can believe it! ;)

Though, I too do agree that for a Rebalance, a Teleporter or Transporter would be just the thing we should have, along with waypoint selectable Blaster Bombs like what was in the original X-Com -- if only it could be done with existing modding tools and existing files!

Ah, the blaster bombs! I really miss them. I will never forget the moment when the first blaster launcher i ever saw took out my entire crew and the tanks with one shot. ;)

But as you two already realized: Without changes in the exe we will not be able to make this happen. And yes, it is illegal ;)

• 1 month later...

Thank you Slaughter!

Aralez and BlackAlmaz can refer to this thread if they want to refresh their memories as to what people were wanting in the Rebalance.

The site is now only showing the last month of stuff to me, fifteen topics plus the pinned ones. And since there were no page numbers or LAST being displayed at the bottom, I just naturally concluded that everything before April 22 had been lost.

I can see now how to search from the beginning which opens up the flood gates well enough.

Thank you, again.