Tip for conquering more base faster.

Jarlian

I found this out in Europe. I had three bases concentrated very close to each other. Two of em were alien bases. the third was a "potential" base i could grab. So i ignorde the two alien bases for once (normally i got those first). So after i captured the "empty" base (with no grey resistance) The other two alien bases were captured automatically by other forces. In this way i didn't have to kill 20 Greys with rocketlaunchers... Hope it helps some of you

Nah its jsut a matter of finding stratagys that suit the style u play.

As alien bases r close quarters mainly snipers an assult rifles r not really that effective, so i EQ my squad up with short range weapons like the MP7.

Only weighs 1.2kg with a 45 round magazine, its lighter thanthe MP5 and FN P90 not by much but lets u carrythat bitmore ammo.

So i get into the base then i find a room that can contain all my squad in 1, move em all into it an wait the Aliens come looking for u an beleave me when 7 MP7's all fire at 1 Alien it only takes a second to die, 3 Mp7's r enoughto take down 1 of these things without ANY trouble.

I also do the hiding thing when Aliens attack my own base, hide in 1 room let the fastest trooper play bait an lure them in. Works wonders. :withstupid:

If waiting and hiding is the only strat that works in an ASSAULT on an alien base then that's pretty lame.

How much success do you have once the aliens start getting all their different weapon types which easily tear through your armour (plasma, microguns, alien rocketlaunchers) as well as seemingly 100% effective mind control?

Your bait guy walks out and either gets pummeled to pieces immediately, or mind controlled :withstupid:.

If waiting and hiding is the only strat that works in an ASSAULT on an alien base then that's pretty lame.

How much success do you have once the aliens start getting all their different weapon types which easily tear through your armour (plasma, microguns, alien rocketlaunchers) as well as seemingly 100% effective mind control?

Your bait guy walks out and either gets pummeled to pieces immediately, or mind controlled :withstupid:.

yeah i know what you mean. i think i'm behind the tech curve cause my guys don't have all that spiffy armor and weapons. i got torn up in any mission now. i'm thinking of quitting and deleting this game.

the problem is i've been playing on hard by accident (i guess it's default to hard?). so right when the russian base mission popped up, i started getting cremed. i've spent so much time on this game too... it really sucks. ;)

Well taydar in alien base missions u'll notice the corridoors r small an compact, when moving around ur normally in single file. Then when an enemy is seen u might have 1/2 guys with a veiw to it. Taking unnesscery dmg, i know its lame to wait in 1 room but it works an in the l8er stages of game saves a lot of hassle.

As for the russian mission, when i 1st played it i blew a section of the wall away, like i normally do in these missions, an was about to move my troops through when i found 7 aliens, 4 rockets among others. Truly brutal firefight worst i had, after that i had 2 guys left lol