TFTD Extender

Tycho

I forgot that I adjusted the way the battlescape delay worked. The player can now specify the amount of delay to suit his system and perference.

Add this line to your INI just below the Slow Battlescape Animation Speed:

Battlescape Delay=22

The problem your having is when the time is below 6 ms. I believe anything less causes the calculation to generate a negative number for the delay, causing the sleep function to lock the program. I have no idea why disabling the two other mods allows it to work. hmm..I'll need to put in some safeguards. I guess I got the function to work and then put it aside to work on something else so it has the flaw.

No problem, i find it quite funny that this time last year (well more january) I was in the middle of my xcom fix and was searching high and low for a TFTD mod bassed on the extender and there was no trace of one. You must have released the early version of it just after I stopped playing.

Thanks for taking sebs extender project on though brother, here have 50 TU's

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is another example of a AV software providing a false positve. I am very cautious about downloading stuff and run different AV programs at different times in case one has a hole in their detection. I haven't had so much as a bad cookie on my machine for a while. If there is a problem, it would have to be on UFOpaedia but I've downloaded my stuff and run AV, just to be sure, and never had a notification.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.07

• MP3s now play through bass.dll to hopefully clear up all decoder related issues. Thanks to Niklata for the contribution!
  • New video linear filter option availble which should make full screen mode just a little less jagged. Thanks to Tarvis for his help on this!
  • Fixed crash that occured when panicked units dropped their items due to the 'Fix Clip Weight' code.
  • Option to turn off error reporting.

New fixes and changes to existing mods:

• Clip Cursor now works in full screen mode.
  • The window dimensions a player specifies in the INI for the game are now the actual playable area.
  • Fixed problem with Plastic Aqua Armor being assigned damage modifiers of Ion Armor.
  • Fixed crash when an alien targets a base location during Base Defense missions.
  • Fixed issue with MCing large units: all sections will be controlled when successful.
  • Fixed issue with explosion and large units: they are only affected once by the same explosion.
  • Fixed exploit that allows permanent control of a Tentacult after MCing a zombie.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed tanks to get free ammo for base defense missions.
  • Tank/Harpoon Bolts and Tank/Gauss Cannon ammo use no space in base stores (similar to craft gas cannon ammo.)
  • Added 'get' option to OBDATA mod to allow players to set the parameter that aliens use to decide if they will pick up an object. See UFOpaedia wiki discussions on this topic for more information.
  • 'Hot Grenades' mod now causes grenades to explode after they are thrown. Only the High Explosive has a timer and delay.
  • Alien tactical AI parameters changed so aliens are more likely to use grenades on groups.
  • Alternate Colony Races changed to Alternate Site Races: Chance to get more varied set of races on the first stage of a colony mission and the race on the second stage matches the race of the supply ships. Now, there is a chance to get different races on the stages of artifact sites as well.
  • 'Know Thy Enemy' mod now only affects damage applied against a target's health points. Until XCOM gets proper data concerning a particular alien's psysiology, damage is reduced unless the soldier gets a lucky shot. Doesn't affect damage from fire, explosions, or stun.
  • Implemented new method of clip recovery after missions: the remaining clips are calculated by the total ammo present divided by the amount of a full clip (for that ammo type). Any remaining ammo will be lost (but only the one partial "clip".)

New Additions:

• Ablative Armor: no changes to the rules for AP weapons but armor is more effective against Explosive, Gauss and Sonic damage although these attacks quickly eat away at the armor rating.
  • EU2012 Items Rules: Alien weapons have a high probability to self-destruct if their owner dies, aliens that die in explosions will have all their items destroyed, fire is highly destructive to high-tech items. Units that panic will not drop items they are holding.
  • Prep Base Defense: Players are taken to the base management screen before a base defense mission starts to allow transfers or selling stuff to manage what items are available in the eqip soldiers phase. All craft at base will be unloaded and will require manual reloading after the mission. However, the plane can be used to store things unwanted in the battle (you may have problems returning them to the base as it will be filled with all the new alien stuff.)
  • Deep Colonies: Alien bases are always very deep.
  • Alien terrorist units with range attacks are prevented from going bezerk.
  • Aliens can now use the melee weapons they carry.
  • Fixed a rare situation where an unit immune to fire could be killed if its health was extremely low and standing in it.
  • Tentacults have their strength lowered and won’t attack units that they cannot zombify.
  • Lobstermen have a higher strength.

Patch 1.07.2 is available here.

• 4 weeks later...

·

Version 1.07

• MP3s now play through bass.dll to hopefully clear up all decoder related issues. Thanks to Niklata for the contribution!
  • New video linear filter option availble which should make full screen mode just a little less jagged. Thanks to Tarvis for his help on this!
  • Fixed crash that occured when panicked units dropped their items due to the 'Fix Clip Weight' code.
  • Option to turn off error reporting.

hey and thx for still updating this imo mod.

I just tried it with a fresh game and got a bug about tanks. When I just add a tank (the 1. one with gas cannons) to my triton and just before starting the mission (after press accepting mission) the game crushes.

"0x456fcd with error 0xc0000005 trying to access 0x00220000" is the error message.

Most TFTD players dont like to use tanks so maybe they dont even see this crush before :)..

thanks for the info, Drages. Sounds like there still is a bug in the "No Freebies for Tanks" fix. You can get around it right now by copying the appropriate line from the bug fix reference text file and pasting it under the [bug fix] section of the INI.

thanks for the info, Drages. Sounds like there still is a bug in the "No Freebies for Tanks" fix. You can get around it right now by copying the appropriate line from the bug fix reference text file and pasting it under the [bug fix] section of the INI.

Np.. i did what you told and i can use my tanks now. Thx for fast reply.

I just wanna ask something as i find a good modder here. I like to use different weapons in games but after a while i start to use only sonic cannons.. Is there any way to give some abilities to old ones.. especially to heavy gauss. I remeber a mod at ufo that gives some modes to heavy laser rifle. At least i want to change the heavy gauss to a sniper rifle, slow but very high accuricy..

Edit: I found some editors to change the stats of weapons. Now i just need to add some fire mods or editing them.. like firing 10 bullets rather then 3 at auto shot..

I wish you could mod the game more easily.. new clips with new techs to old weapons to use them in future would be very nice.. know the enemy mod is very good attemt..

Another example for weapons is there is nearly no HE weapon in game.. torpido then disruptur.. if there was a gas cannons updated version whould be very nice.. is it posible to add new techs/weapons/ammunitions to game btw?

And imroved detector gives a crash too "0x54a257 with error 0xc0000005 trying to acces 0x0054a257" .. i liked the detector idea. i hope you can fix it.

Another example for weapons is there is nearly no HE weapon in game.. torpido then disruptur.. if there was a gas cannons updated version whould be very nice.. is it posible to add new techs/weapons/ammunitions to game btw?

There are HiEx shells for the gas cannon and hydro-jet cannon. Grenades and sonic pulsars, too. Are you referring to things to use on land?

The Extender modifies existing weapons (and game editors do this as well) for the basic stuff but it can't add new stuff without using a slot for an existing item since the number of items/units has been fixed and all the algorithems used in the executable are written with these numbers in mind,. memory space for various databases is fixed with no room for expansion, etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Yo Tycho, I just played around with the 1.07 patch, and it seems like the Show Money-Slow Geoscape Clock incompatiblity is back again, it looks like it's the same bug.

Might want to reimplement whatever fix you did before. Thanks!

Thanks. I'll look into it. :)

• 1 month later...

Just found UFOExtender and TFTDExtender. Thanks for all the work on it.

Just a note that the webpage still only lists version 1.06, but I found 1.07 further up in this thread.

Does 1.07 work with Xcomutil? Xcomutil recognized 1.06 once I renamed TFTDExtender to TFTDLoader but with 1.07 Xcomutil doesn't seem to notice it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

TFTD is my favorite version of Xcom but playing the original version is too frustrating so I really appreciate the effort to add new features to it.

Thanks.

I'm using TFTDExtender 1.07 and have encountered a bug with the Deep Colony setting. If I change this to '1', the game immediately crashes when I attempt to go to a USO mission. Terror missions don't seem to be affected. If I change this setting back to '0', the game runs correctly. I can reproduce the bug by taking the default TFTDExtender.ini that comes in the ZIP file, with a fresh unchanged installation, changing the Deep Colony to 1 and changing nothing else and the game crashes. Change it back, and it's fine.

Thanks for all the work on the mod.

I'm using TFTDExtender 1.07 and have encountered a bug with the Deep Colony setting. If I change this to '1', the game immediately crashes when I attempt to go to a USO mission. Terror missions don't seem to be affected. If I change this setting back to '0', the game runs correctly. I can reproduce the bug by taking the default TFTDExtender.ini that comes in the ZIP file, with a fresh unchanged installation, changing the Deep Colony to 1 and changing nothing else and the game crashes. Change it back, and it's fine.

Thanks for all the work on the mod.

Glad to know people are trying out the new stuff. Can you provide me with an error message? It would help me to sort out the source of the problem. I take it that you managed to fix the problem with XcomUtil. The only change I made to the loader was to include some code to prevent error messages to work around some problem with TFTD and XcomUtil. That is about all I can do. Any other compatibility issues would need to be addressed from the Util's side by BladeFirelight. Bomb_bloke might be able to help more but I'm not sure if he has logged in recently.

Glad to know people are trying out the new stuff. Can you provide me with an error message? It would help me to sort out the source of the problem.

The error message for the Deep Colony issue is "TFTD crashed at 0x67364D80 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x382434EC". The error isn't completely consistent. Just ran it again and everything was the same except the last number which was 0x3B942C54. And a third time 0x389234EC. Hope this helps. :)

I take it that you managed to fix the problem with XcomUtil. The only change I made to the loader was to include some code to prevent error messages to work around some problem with TFTD and XcomUtil. That is about all I can do. Any other compatibility issues would need to be addressed from the Util's side by BladeFirelight. Bomb_bloke might be able to help more but I'm not sure if he has logged in recently.

I've currently given up on Xcomutil as "incompatible". I couldn't get it to recognize 1.7 and I tried to fudge it by setting it up with 1.6 and then updating to 1.7 but experienced multiple crashes. Might not have been completely scientific so I'll fiddle with it again later this weekend and see if I can isolate any specific issues or get it working.

Thanks.

The error message for the Deep Colony issue is "TFTD crashed at 0x67364D80 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x382434EC". The error isn't completely consistent. Just ran it again and everything was the same except the last number which was 0x3B942C54. And a third time 0x389234EC. Hope this helps. smile.png

Sounds like there may be a register that I need to clear out the upper range before passing it on. Thanks for the info! I'll look into it.

Anyone have an issue of the turn ending when you save on the battlescape? Not that I save often LOL

This problem still exists with 1.7. In the INI, if I disable the Battlescape shortcut "End Turn=Return", then the problem goes away.

I also seem to have a problem with the equip phase ending if I check an aquanauts stats and then try to go back and equip an appropriate weapon, leaving most of my aquanauts ill-equipped. However, I recall the game always doing that so I don't know if it's operator error or what. If you check the stats in the equip screen, what's the "proper" key to return without exiting that phase?

Thanks for any help.

This problem still exists with 1.7. In the INI, if I disable the Battlescape shortcut "End Turn=Return", then the problem goes away.

I also seem to have a problem with the equip phase ending if I check an aquanauts stats and then try to go back and equip an appropriate weapon, leaving most of my aquanauts ill-equipped. However, I recall the game always doing that so I don't know if it's operator error or what. If you check the stats in the equip screen, what's the "proper" key to return without exiting that phase?

Thanks for any help.

I find that if you LEFT click twice about the center where the picture of the aquanaught should be, you'll be brought back to the equipment screen with no problems. Clicking with the RIGHT mouse button will start the first turn. This is part of the Tactical Equip code.

I find that if you LEFT click twice about the center where the picture of the aquanaught should be, you'll be brought back to the equipment screen with no problems. Double clicking anywhere with the RIGHT mouse button will make the game jump to the first turn.

Thanks. That works.

Don't mean to be a pain, but got another crash. The message was "TFTD crashed at 0x423881 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x03B96A0". Can't easily duplicate it because I didn't have a save from that mission. It was a UFO recovery on the underwater laboratory tileset. I had sent an aquanaut up in the upper level of one of the buildings and when I turned around and tried to walk back down the steps, it crashed. I did have a second aquanaut at the bottom of the steps in case something was up there, so maybe that had something to do with it. The first aquanaut could have tried to walk into the second one or something. Have no clue what could have caused it otherwise.

Thanks.

Thanks. That works.

Don't mean to be a pain, but got another crash. The message was "TFTD crashed at 0x423881 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x03B96A0". Can't easily duplicate it because I didn't have a save from that mission. It was a UFO recovery on the underwater laboratory tileset. I had sent an aquanaut up in the upper level of one of the buildings and when I turned around and tried to walk back down the steps, it crashed. I did have a second aquanaut at the bottom of the steps in case something was up there, so maybe that had something to do with it. The first aquanaut could have tried to walk into the second one or something. Have no clue what could have caused it otherwise.

Thanks.

The address you gave is in the routine to handle moving a unit. The only thing I can guess at is that either the error was due to corrupted data from something, or there might be a rare case where the "doubleclick move" mod is not setting proper data in a global variable that it handles. If it keeps happening, note what the circumstance were (if possible) and telll me. I've tried to replicate the situations but with no success. Thanks for your feedback.

Just saw something really weird. My stores are quite full, though there was a few points of space left open. I went on a mission and when I came back, I had 104 Dart Guns and 69 Harpoon Clips in inventory that were not there prior to the mission. Also, I didn't recover any alien corpses. Hard to tell what I didn't recover as far as other alien artifacts. Not recovering the corpses makes sense to me if I don't have storage room, but "gaining" 100 Dart Guns is a dubious bonus. :)

Not a big deal as it's easy to avoid the problem ... at least once I get more storage pods built, but thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else has experienced this.

While I'm at it, is there any way to "fix" the fact that all artifacts from the 1st stage of a 2-stage mission are completely lost? Xcomutil had a fix for it but I tried again and just can't get it to work properly. Just had a ship mission and in the first stage, I lost 8 of my 14 soldiers. As a result, I lost a lot of my gear, including over half of my only Sonic Rifles and Vibroblades and the like. Not insurmountable, but annoying none the less. Even if we don't get all the alien artifacts, it would be nice not to lose all the stuff that came with us loaded into the Triton.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Tycho. Been a while since I played this game, and to my amazement, YOU ARE STILL HERE. You've got to be the most dedicated modder of ANY fandom, and my hat is off to you.

However, I've recently come across a rather game-breaking bug in the latest version of TFTDExtender. I've attached the application failure error code to this message. This appears when I try to go on a mission of any kind with the Gauss coaelcacanth loaded. I'm preserving the save game file because this crash is easily replicatable seconds after loading the game.

Unlike most other users apparently, I like tanks. I think they're, as the kids say, "utterly righteous!" and it's always fun to splatter a lobsterman all over a USO wall with a well-placed turret blast. I know the root cause of this lies within the new version of the Extender as I've only updated the Extender with my game, and am still using the same old XcomUtil with it. My archived version doesn't have this problem.

post-8459-0-89820200-1374172639_thumb.jpg