TFTD Extender

Tycho

Hey, Tycho. Been a while since I played this game, and to my amazement, YOU ARE STILL HERE. You've got to be the most dedicated modder of ANY fandom, and my hat is off to you.

However, I've recently come across a rather game-breaking bug in the latest version of TFTDExtender. I've attached the application failure error code to this message. This appears when I try to go on a mission of any kind with the Gauss coaelcacanth loaded. I'm preserving the save game file because this crash is easily replicatable seconds after loading the game.

Unlike most other users apparently, I like tanks. I think they're, as the kids say, "utterly righteous!" and it's always fun to splatter a lobsterman all over a USO wall with a well-placed turret blast. I know the root cause of this lies within the new version of the Extender as I've only updated the Extender with my game, and am still using the same old XcomUtil with it. My archived version doesn't have this problem.

The problem is with the "no freebies for tanks" mod. I'm going to fix it after I release the next version of UFO Extender. Thanks for the feedback!

Quick question. How long ago did you update UFO Extender? I moved to another state last november and sort of lost interest in X-com. But at that time, I was up to date.

The latest version is 1.30, which I released earlier this year. I'm beta testing a new version now. Check out the UFOextender topic. The file is attached to the initial post.

Found another crash bug just now. I'm using the improved motion scanner part of the extender, but the instant I fired it up to take a look around, I got this error.

"XCOM crashed at 0x217A07A with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x0217A07A"

Turned it off and sure enough, regular motion scanner screen pops up with no crash. Shame. Was really looking forward to messing around with that.

• 4 weeks later...

I have resolved all reported problems. If you encounter any other issues please post them here or in the discussion section of the Extender's ufopaedia page. If there is any confusing or incorrect information in the ufopaedia, please let me know as well. Thanks for supporting TFTD Extender!

Version 1.07.1

Fixed in this patch:

• Visual glitch with 'Show Money' and 'Slow Geoscape Clock' mods enabled.
  • Crash while the bug fix 'No Freebies for Tanks' is active and starting a base defense mission (only with non-Intel processors?)
  • Crash when 'Deep Colonies' mod enabled and starting a USO crash mission.
  • Crash when 'Improved Detector' mod enabled and the advanced feature is active(non-Intel processors?)

TFTDextender107p1.zip

Edited by Tycho

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice job, Tycho! Keep that way! True respect! Arigato!

however there is little be done

the feature "Different site races" crashes the game when craft has been sent to a colony

TFTD crashed at 0x45259F with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x00B1C1ED

triggered the feature to 0 and crash is avoided

see a savegame dir and .ini attached

Moreover there are some abnormalities

Berserked units could fire from primed grenade as it be a gun!!!

two staged terror missions: at 1st stage, one could kill /paralyse last alien, fly off and remaining civilans accounted as saved (?!), while if one symply aborts a mission, civilan casualties are as it is a sum of two stages :(

game_1.rar

Berserked units could fire from primed grenade as it be a gun!!!

two staged terror missions: at 1st stage, one could kill /paralyse last alien, fly off and remaining civilans accounted as saved (?!), while if one symply aborts a mission, civilan casualties are as it is a sum of two stages :(

About the berserk units firing from a grenade: Are you playing with the "more reaction fire" mod?

Terror missions and civilians: Are you saying that if you complete the 1st stage, it only gives you a score for the civilians in the first stage but, if you abort, you are penalized for losing the civilians in both stages?

About the berserk units firing from a grenade: Are you playing with the "more reaction fire" mod?

Yes

More Reaction Fire=1

Terror missions and civilians: Are you saying that if you complete the 1st stage, it only gives you a score for the civilians in the first stage but, if you abort, you are penalized for losing the civilians in both stages?

I mean aborting terror mission from the 1st stage

It is impotrant how to abort.

If one simply aborts a mission, civilian losses accounted as it be a sum of two mission (apprx 20)

BUT, if one kills/paralyse all aliens on 1st stage AND ABORT MISSION, civilian losses accounted only as actually killed by aliens(<=10). +there could be civilians actually survived. They will be accounted too.

Imagine: Superhuman difficulty. 1 april 2040 terror. Cruise liner, mixed crew (tasoths brought their biodrones, aquatoids brought a calcinite, + a couple of triscenes). From alien weapon, XCOM could use only sonic rifles and sonic pulsers. It is clear that a honest commander would order to retreat. Problem is when to retreat, what is to be done, and how about rating. Hence comes the solution I described. On the other hand, if XCOM aborts a mission from the 1st stage, aliens from 2nd stage must kill all civilians. However, they spare them ;) Or XCOM staff processes the battle report data too formally :(

Here is the proof to died and "spared"civilians :)

savegame:

April 1 2040. Terror site, mixed crew

All soldiers are in Triton. All aliens killled / paralysed except one aquatoid (in Triton too)

if you abort mission, you'll get debriefing screen "all_civ_died.jpg"

if you kill the last alien and abort mission immediately, the squad will not transfer to 2nd stage, but you 'll get debriefing screen "civ_saved.jpg"

if you kill the last alien and end the turn, the squad will transfer to 2nd stage ("1-staged ships" option is off)

However if the things are going bad and aliens eliminated your squad, civilian casualties rise up to 20 :(((

"all_lost.jpg"

The aliens from 2nd stage do not concern about their failed comrades on upper decks :)

XCOM staff officers make reports weirdly :)

post-9330-0-53297600-1385396980_thumb.jpg

post-9330-0-70488400-1385396990_thumb.jpg

game_9.rar

post-9330-0-22040800-1385398008_thumb.jpg

Here is the proof to died and "spared"civilians smile.png

savegame:

April 1 2040. Terror site, mixed crew

All soldiers are in Triton. All aliens killled / paralysed except one aquatoid (in Triton too)

if you abort mission, you'll get debriefing screen "all_civ_died.jpg"

if you kill the last alien and abort mission immediately, the squad will not transfer to 2nd stage, but you 'll get debriefing screen "civ_saved.jpg"

if you kill the last alien and end the turn, the squad will transfer to 2nd stage ("1-staged ships" option is off)

However if the things are going bad and aliens eliminated your squad, civilian casualties rise up to 20 sad.png((

"all_lost.jpg"

The aliens from 2nd stage do not concern about their failed comrades on upper decks smile.png

XCOM staff officers make reports weirdly smile.png

So, do you think the problem is that they shouldn't count the civilians from the first part in the second stage?

So, do you think the problem is that they shouldn't count the civilians from the first part in the second stage?

I think they should count all civilians on all stages in any case. For the sake of reason. However, they didn't.

Probably, it is bug of TFTD itself, not your mod.

You prooved that you don't fear the TFTD bugs and could correct it on your mod. True respect!

Probably, you add this bug to your "to do" list? wink.png

However, there is a much more annoying bug, concerning to alien spawning

Here is an example of this. Savegame: a Artefact Site, 2nd stage+xcomutil map dump

One Hallucinoid has incorrect coordinates. So neither soldiers could kill him, nor it could harm the soldiers, though it could be seen on scanners.

Even if all aliens will be killed, this one prevents the "mission complete"

Is it possible for TFTD extender to detect such sneaky ones and kill them as xcomutil does(xcomutil game_XXX win wrt)?

game_7.rar

COLONY.TXT

Yes

More Reaction Fire=1

This is a side effect of how seb implemented the mod: It creates some kind of recursive loop within the reaction fire subroutine and the weapon information for the current unit is not being updated correctly at some point in this loop. I've looked at this, tinkered with the code to no effect, and start getting dizzy after a bit trying to understand it.

This is a side effect of how seb implemented the mod: It creates some kind of recursive loop within the reaction fire subroutine and the weapon information for the current unit is not being updated correctly at some point in this loop. I've looked at this, tinkered with the code to no effect, and start getting dizzy after a bit trying to understand it.

It seems the mod did something (reaction fire turning on) forcibly. It seems the aliens have a reaction fire always. Often I see a video bug: my soldier is near to alien. The alien has full TUs. I did something (run, stand up, fire etc) then alien fired immediately, killing my soldier. However, I see an animation for moving, firing of my "already dead" etc ! %). Rarely the fire of my dead soldier killed the alien and we have a "drawn game". Unfortunately I don't know how to record a video to proof it.

Meanwhile I stucked to some crucial bug. Savegame in *.rar attached (*.ini included) . Geoscape mode crashes without any visible reason at 15:00 apprx. I tried the default .ini file , but crash persists. crash message: TFTD crashed at 0x4356F6 with error 0xC0000094

game_8.rar

It seems the mod did something (reaction fire turning on) forcibly. It seems the aliens have a reaction fire always. Often I see a video bug: my soldier is near to alien. The alien has full TUs. I did something (run, stand up, fire etc) then alien fired immediately, killing my soldier. However, I see an animation for moving, firing of my "already dead" etc ! %). Rarely the fire of my dead soldier killed the alien and we have a "drawn game". Unfortunately I don't know how to record a video to proof it.

Meanwhile I stucked to some crucial bug. Savegame in *.rar attached (*.ini included) . Geoscape mode crashes without any visible reason at 15:00 apprx. I tried the default .ini file , but crash persists. crash message: TFTD crashed at 0x4356F6 with error 0xC0000094

Whatever mods or game editor you've used to create that game (having all those exapnded bases and 32+ million dollars in July) seem to be causing it to spawn a USO entry in the game files that has garbage data. When the game attempts to adjust the location of this USO, it crashes. This happens with the standard game executable as well, so it has nothing to do with the Extender.

Whatever mods or game editor you've used to create that game (having all those exapnded bases and 32+ million dollars in July) seem to be causing it to spawn a USO entry in the game files that has garbage data. When the game attempts to adjust the location of this USO, it crashes. This happens with the standard game executable as well, so it has nothing to do with the Extender.

There is no need for an editor to make tenths millions dollars in July 2040. I did not need it, I did not want it.

I' ve used XComUtil only to kill mentioned before Hallucinoid with invalid coordinates on artifact site.

Here are savegames of colony I have eliminated recently. Among the other spoils, there are some hundreds of Disruptor ammo (see screenshot). I thought it is caused by reduced size, but with colony standard size it also apears

However, if one win the battle without TFTD Extender, there will be an usual amount of the torpedoes (tenths or like)

Still, it has something to do with the Extender... wink.png

_game_6_ini_reduced_colony.rar

_game_5_ini_standard_colony.rar

post-9330-0-70851500-1386418287_thumb.jpg

Hello, I'm new to the forum!

I'm running TFTD Extender (v 1.061) on a Windows 7 64 bit system. TFTD Extender and Terror from the Deep.exe are both set to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP sp 3. (That's not necessary as I later found out.) The game is constantly crashing during a terror site mission. Superhuman difficulty.

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07B0BAA0" (Alien throws grenade)

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07A2BAA0" (Civilian is shot by an alien)

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07A9DD9C" (Soldier is shot by an alien)

When my soldier becomes unconscious the game freezes sometimes.

Also, Deep One has Gauss Cannon. (bug or a mod?)

When I lose mission, "X-com operatives killed......18" although I had only 12 soldiers onboard.

Oh, I think TFTD Extender is a great project! One feature I'd like to have added is a status screen for the alien containment.

Hello, I'm new to the forum!

Hi comrade!

I'm running TFTD Extender (v 1.061) on a Windows 7 64 bit system. TFTD Extender and Terror from the Deep.exe are both set to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP sp 3. (That's not necessary as I later found out.) The game is constantly crashing during a terror site mission. Superhuman difficulty.

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07B0BAA0" (Alien throws grenade)

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07A2BAA0" (Civilian is shot by an alien)

"TFTD crahed at 0x425743 with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0x07A9DD9C" (Soldier is shot by an alien)

Try to use 1.07 patch, it crashes not so often

Also, Deep One has Gauss Cannon. (bug or a mod?)

it is the feature, Deep One now has normal long ranged gun (non-wearable for XCom though)with autofire

When I lose mission, "X-com operatives killed......18" although I had only 12 soldiers onboard.

I also noticed such miscounts, but I disregard them for a while. Probably, mod maintainer works hard on other crashes and bugs (see bugreports above) ;)

FYI. I'm not going to be able to work on any fixes for a time. I have a notebook and the video card has become bad so I can't use it until I can get it replaced.

Kir'jaeden: Try 1.071 for the crashes. I fixed the Deep One so that it doesn't act like a celatid when it shoots. The ufopaedia shows the Deep one with a gun, so I gave it the image of the gauss cannon since there is no gun that looks like the one in the ufopaedia. This "gun" is part of its built-in attack so there is no object for it. (The Deep One looks pretty awesome with it.)

v. 1.071:

TFTD crahed at 0x40EE4E with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xFFFFFFFF

this happened twice both times the bug was associated with grenade explosion.

Also, I noticed that having the battlescape hotkeys turned on (press enter to end turn) causes saving game also end current turn.

v. 1.071:

TFTD crahed at 0x40EE4E with error 0xC0000005 trying to access 0xFFFFFFFF

this happened twice both times the bug was associated with grenade explosion.

Alas, I noticed that having the battlescape hotkeys turned on (press enter to end turn) causes saving game also end current turn.

Can you also tell me your processor and OS too?

Make the "end turn" shortcut not the return key in the INI.

Core i7 860 @ 3.35 GHz

Windows 7 64 bit

I also noticed that dart guns and dart gun clips (77 ammo) sometime appear on corner of the battlescape map. Also zrbite was located outside the very small alien craft (survey ship). I have TFTD uso fix and TFTD uso routes fix installed.

One feature I'd like to have added is a status screen for the alien containment.

The errors are all related to the program attempting to access the wrong memory for the death screams. Try the latest version.

When you get a death count higher than the number of soldiers you bring, were tentacults present in the mission? Or did a soldier get shot, you get a pop-up claiming they went unconscious but they actually die?

I want to make a dialog that lets you choose which aliens to keep and which to "release" like the dialog for selecting research topics. Making the box and list for this is the tricky part.

I want to make a dialog that lets you choose which aliens to keep and which to "release" like the dialog for selecting research topics. Making the box and list for this is the tricky part.

May be there is no need for special dialog on Alien Containment? How about just add them to Sell/Sack list ?