Random junk found online

Azrael Strife

That's just something I stumbled upon that was pretty amazing - by some standards at least: a Civ III mod/conversion about a zombie apocalypse.

Five years in the making and still going. In fact, it seems there is to be a new version/update soon. grin.gif

::

Unrelated:

https://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/ww1/EarlyTankCommunications.jpg

https://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/06/462f1b54a30bd0f1caad97bbee7eefd4.jpg

There should more notices like this on many items.

Are you all right?

https://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/06/c3585f0a7353d82b8c874a0f38c8ef6c.jpeg

PENGUIN SEXUAL DEPRAVITY.

It is startling stuff, though Russell told the Observer that recent studies have helped understand the behaviour of these "hooligan" penguins. "Adélies gather at their colonies in October to start to breed. They have only a few weeks to do that and young adults simply have no experience of how to behave. Many respond to inappropriate cues. Hence the seeming depravity of their behaviour. For example, a dead penguin, lying with its eyes half-open, is very similar in appearance to a compliant female. The result is the so-called necrophilia that Levick witnessed and which so disgusted him."

Oh, we've all done it.

Some Journalists should be castrated, hanged, run over by 18 wheeler shot and burned alive. After completely unprofessional article on BBC, some idiot in daily star joins the club. This time it is about our (Polish) Euro anthem...

The title of the song also raised eyebrows as “koko” is Polish slang for cocaine, sparking claims the song is sending the wrong message to young people.

Though I found that this word is on slang dictionary I don't know where it is used - more known short cut for cocaine is "koka", but in this song the word "koko" has a very different meaning. It's just those things that make you grab your shotgun go out and do some killing spree on idiotic journalists.

source

I don't know how popular BBC and this Daily Star is in UK, but if your friend will tell you that he believes in what they say - slap him in the face and kick his balls so hard that he will spit them through nose.

After completely unprofessional article on BBC,

If you've got specific criticisms to make, let's hear them. Have you seen the programme in question? If not, watch it. Quote the innaccuracies, and then quote sources pointing out how things actually are. The BBC is a world-class news service. Is it unbiased? No, but no such thing exists. I daresay it has a middle-class British horror of fascism and racism ingrained within it, which would have tainted that particular Panorama episode and made it seems worse.

The one thing I'd advise you not to do here, by the way, is start throwing mud ("Your country isn't perfect." as you said last time) because it just makes you look like an apologist for racist, fascist scum. You're probably proud of your country, like I am, despite its bad points, and you don't want people to think about a small percentage of utter morons spoiling the image of the majority of the population.

The UK beat you to it by about 30 years. We've been there, and done that, especially when it comes to hooliganism, so there's little point in you stating we have racists/fascists/anti-Semites in our country. We know all about them, and speaking personally, I'm horrified and disgusted by them.

I cannot understand how countries who suffered so under the Nazis have even a tiny element turning to fascism. It is completely beyond my understanding. However, it is a fact that some people are.

some idiot in daily star joins the club

The Daily Star is written by idiots, for idiots. I'm sure you have papers like this in Poland. Like the Daily Mail, The Sun etc their articles about other countries never get beyond "Foreigners are mental and rubbish." I wouldn't pay any more attention to them than I would the scribblings on a toilet wall. Their paper is utter drivel. It is baby talk, but for adults. Please don't be offended, because for God's sake, monkeys could edit that paper, and probably do.

I know it's frustrating when your country is in the news for the wrong reasons. The best thing to do is focus on what's wrong and try to fix it. Losing your temper and insulting others A) Doesn't help and B) Makes you (and Polish people, and Poland) look even worse.

Although I'm aware of Eastern European football hooliganism, and anti-Semitism, I'm fairly sure British escapades in the former greatly outclass Poland/Ukraine's, and anti-Semitism was very popular all over Europe until after WWII, and is still a widespread issue in many countries. They just happen to have come to the fore because of Euro 2012. It's not a big deal.

If you've got specific criticisms to make, let's hear them. Have you seen the programme in question?

Here

The whole article is on the negative side. There is only one statement that is good in this.

In Poland, Jonathan Ornstein of the Jewish Cultural Centre, said football hooligans in the country are stuck in the past.

So filming one month of hooligan actions is not the best a journalist can do.

You're probably proud of your country, like I am, despite its bad points, and you don't want people to think about a small percentage of utter morons spoiling the image of the majority of the population

But we don't openly say "Don't go there or you will be beaten to death" right?

I cannot understand how countries who suffered so under the Nazis have even a tiny element turning to fascism.

It is called Neo-facism now. And you forget that Nazi Germany was way better evil than Soviet regime which totally ruined every country that had to kissed Stalins and others boots. And those tiny elements you say are all over Europe too even in countries who weren't touched by it in long term.

The Daily Star is written by idiots, for idiots. I'm sure you have papers like this in Poland. Like the Daily Mail, The Sun etc their articles about other countries never get beyond "Foreigners are mental and rubbish."

Yes we have, but they never go out of boundaries of our country. The only incident was few years back when we played against Germany which I felt a bit shamed by it. And maybe you forget that majority of people are idiots and idiots spread something that other idiots say so idiot word has more power than of the normal person.

They just happen to have come to the fore because of Euro 2012. It's not a big deal.

And how would you feel if for example CNN would have an article about London Olympics, where the main quote of it was: "Don't go there or you will stabbed in the back".

I know it's frustrating when your country is in the news for the wrong reasons. The best thing to do is focus on what's wrong and try to fix it. Losing your temper and insulting others A) Doesn't help and B) Makes you (and Polish people, and Poland) look even worse.

That was the point of me saying all this. Maybe I made an error here and there. I am not perfect. And trust me I don't lose temper that easily. Unfortunately Internet is full of hate and mostly those are kids doing this because they are anonymous. I've seen few British only movies and I've seen also plenty of violence (don't ask me about titles because I can't remember them).

"Why don't we let people caption some cards!" cried Shell.

Here is why not.

Sorry, Silencer, missed your reply.

But we don't openly say "Don't go there or you will be beaten to death" right?

But the BBC didn't say that. Sol Campbell did. You can't blame them for reporting what someone says. And what did you think a black footballer would say? If you're white, this might be an issue to you, it might not. If you're black, it most definitely is. This sort of thing isn't acceptable. It's really not helped by stuff like this:

local police chief Colonel Volodymyr Kovrygin denied that it was a Nazi-inspired salute, saying the fans were "pointing in the direction of opponents as it were, the fans, so it looked like they were pointing with the right hand to the fans, kind of attracting attention to themselves."

"Oh, those cheeky fans, Sieg Heiling. Just ignore them and they'll go back to sewing swastika armbands!" If the police had come down on the fans like a tonne of bricks, this would be a non-issue. Instead...

And those tiny elements you say are all over Europe too even in countries who weren't touched by it in long term.

That's exactly my point. I can sort of understand it in countries that didn't suffer under it, because they don't have the same history of having their cities bombed, citizens rounded up and shot, POWs executed en masse, and so on. For it to happen in countries that did fight the Nazis and/or suffered under their occupation is incomprehensible to me.

Yes we have, but they never go out of boundaries of our country.

I bet you have publications that effectively say "LOL the French, LOL the British, LOL the Americans, LOL the Russians." The Daily Star is one of those. It isn't even fit to wipe your arse with. If you're offended by them, I also suggest you get offended by baby scribbles, because they are on an intellectual par.

And how would you feel if for example CNN would have an article about London Olympics, where the main quote of it was: "Don't go there or you will stabbed in the back".

As it's held in London, I would have to concede that the report would probably be accurate. While understandably, I wouldn't be overjoyed, if the report actually looked at certain types of crime that was likely to be higher during the Olympics, what else could I do? You admit it's a problem and see about a solution. The one thing you don't do is go "LOL, lots of people falling over onto knives these days!"

It's not nice when someone from outside your country points out flaws in it, I know I get angry and my first response is "Oh, yes, because your country is so great? I don't think so!" etc etc. But sometimes, because they are outside of it, they have a clearer view, whereas mine is prejudiced towards my country. Never feels good but their views are sometimes insightful and should be considered.

I bet you have publications that effectively say "LOL the French, LOL the British, LOL the Americans, LOL the Russians." The Daily Star is one of those. It isn't even fit to wipe your arse with. If you're offended by them, I also suggest you get offended by baby scribbles, because they are on an intellectual par.

Actually no. If they are they are very extremist newspapers normally led by ex-politicians that are now hated for whom they were and commonly read by other extremists. If you take example of our versions of Daily Star like "Fakt" or "Super Express" they are mostly related to stories so imaginative that you always facepalm about the main story of the edition. For example there was story about a old lady that a dust smoke broke her arm. Yes I am not lying. Other articles in those papers are mainly about celebrities and politicians.

Of course we do have web pages that make fun of about everything but if you laugh about everything even yourself you are partially excused right?