Interesting articles

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only the article on dogs eating poop or the site as a whole? I have to say I admire Cesar, he KNOWS dogs, though his shows turned into unwatchable dog contests. While he was solving problems, they were fun to watch, these "choose the owner for a dog" are just indigestible for me.

Anyway, my message to dogs is this: "MAKE YOUR OWNERS PICK UP YOUR POOP. You don't want to be led on the leash by pigs."

The Game Industry's Crunching Problem: An Interview with Stardock's Derek Paxton

Why does crunch make zero sense?

Because it makes games worse. Companies crunch to push through on a specific game, but the long-term effect is that talented developers, artists, producers and designers burn out and leave the industry.

And even though I said short term crunch has its benefits and it seems harmless to ask everyone to work late every night, including the weekends for the month before the game goes into beta. What about the single parent raising kids? What about the married parent whose spouse is expected to act as a single parent for that time? What about their other responsibilities?

Our industry is founded on making people happy, we should make sure the people that work in it are part of that equation.

• 3 weeks later...