FullAuto

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically.

I took her out for her birthday, nice restaurant, nice present. Three days later, she says we have to talk. Perhaps she didn't like the food? Whatever the reason, 'we have to talk' is usually bad, and when we did, she started listing all the demands on her time, building up to "I haven't got time for you."

Except I beat her to it.

She was still in the middle of her speech when I pre-empted her, saying flat out, it's over. She was a bit miffed I got to say it, but that's just tough shit for her.

Well take it from a guy who has loved and lost a fair number of women including one who broke his heart in his early twenties. You got to go out with an attractive woman for some time which basically means that you're not a Troll. This bodes well for your future romantic inclinations. Your love of X-Com shouldn't be a barrier either; I've been playing X-com since it came out and D+D from 1980. My missus and me have been together nearly 20 years. Although it's true, whenever my mates come round to play D+D, my teenage daughters can be heard to mutter "Losers" under their breath ;)

@spudgun - indeed, the situation is a bit to familiar to many of us. Blokes have feelings too.

@FA - yup, I vowed that if it happened to me again I'd do what you did. Fortunately not needed to so far, but a well-rehearsed speech that will probably be mumbled incoherently if the situation presented itself again is ready and waiting ;)

Except I beat her to it.

She was still in the middle of her speech when I pre-empted her, saying flat out, it's over. She was a bit miffed I got to say it, but that's just tough shit for her.

I don't really care about who said it... The result us just the same.

Man, I am really sorry for this. Perhaps she will come to her senses.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not the smartest guy out there BUT i DO know that years come on their own... ;)

When you're 80 you won't notice the difference.

I do admit there is a HUUUUUGE difference between 18 and 28 though, both physical and mental. Physical for the better, mental for a lot worse.

BTW, how didn't you notice the incredible youth?

What's the saying again? "Ripe for the picking" ? ;)

Do you have things turning out for the best this often?

::

Listen here - it stands to reason that the most beautiful women are the most spoiled. They get every possible attention and any hint of a wish readily fulfilled. Even among her same-sex "friends" (read viper's nest of frivolous tarts) heated envy and adulation are never far.

And then there's that little detail of the scrutiny you'll be under: "Who's the new kitten, I wonder? Not so posh is he... in his ripe old age?" *giggles*

"Care to read me somehting in bed, Papa?..." *subdued cackling outburst*

If you must, reversed psychology is a requirement: spurn her before she spurns you.