Colony Crusades!

The Veteran

It is, it is. But if you're like me, who find playing in any TFTD map difficult, Sub or no sub, well, it's not going to be much help is it? :P

It does however provide the option of having a go at some of the more exotic locations. I for one am sick of the plain and volcanic seabed maps. I keep getting them.

Still, it's not something I'd recommend for a serious game that you intend to win, especially if it's your first romp through the unknown. I know I'd switch it off for that. But for a more casual game where, well, you're just playing for the sake of playing.

- NKF

True... I don't mind the volcanic maps so much but I absolutely cannot stand the ones that are full of rock formations. They're so hard to explore! The ones I do like, are the pipes, the sunken ships and planes and occasionally the aztec ruins are a nice break from reality...

Well I am only half way through Iggy but sure I'll send you the saved game for the first part of the mission. This is saved just as the two guys are ready to finish off the last BioDrone. I did it in the end by first shooting through the forwardmost wall of the room and both kneeling behind the consoles. Then the Drone spent it's next turn physically attacking me so I just shot it twice and it exploded. Taking half of the bridge with it...

The save file will be with you in a minute...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ok, ummmmmmm.... i said it was the activity site (i've never finished a bas mission, i'll do it in good time though) but even so... i think it was kind of tough but i really enjoy those missions, i mean: they can take a few hours to complete sometimes when they're hard, but its the thrill of doing them that makes it so enjoyable.

Back to talking about the different tile sets on sub-assault missions... has anyone ever seen the maps where there are like underwater research labs or something? They are that nautical yellow color, and they have retracting doors you can go through. They have a few different kinds, one is like a guard tower, a couple others are like big buildings. I don't know what they are, and I rarely see them. Anyone else ever seen them?

True... I don't mind the volcanic maps so much but I absolutely cannot stand the ones that are full of rock formations. They're so hard to explore! The ones I do like, are the pipes, the sunken ships and planes and occasionally the aztec ruins are a nice break from reality...

once, and only one, i saw some reaserch facility thing in a downed USO mission. i'd like to see it again. also, i've never gotten very far in the game, so i'd go for shipping route, but the artifact ones are still sorta hard. also, on the artifact site, if i leave anything not on the color pad, i loose it. thats sorta stupid, because i might want to evac someone in the triton and i don't want to have to move everything on the first level onto the pad.