Movie based on X-COM announced

Gimli

April 1st, 2007 - Vancouver, BC - We are proud to announce that Dr. Uwe Boll has acquired a license for an X-COM movie. While the title of the movie has not been announced, the names of some actors have: Christopher Lambert, Karl Urban, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Tia Carrere and Ben Kingsley will all appear in the movie.

Iain Taylor of Universal Visual Entertainment Canada stated, "X-COM always ranked high in the lists of best PC Games so it is an obvious choice".

"Gamers have been anxiously anticipating a movie based on the popular franchise ever since X-COM: UFO Defense was released in the early nineties", said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

The release date of the movie has been slated for Q1 2008.

As always, StrategyCore will keep you up-to-date with all the latest news, with previews, interviews and other media coming soon.

Gimili, I'll get you for this!!! You almost gave me a heart attack! Thank the heavens it was a joke though!

And I shall now show you my best performance of Forrest Gump...

RUN GIMLI, RUN!!!

EDIT: Ooooo, Pete hasn't seen this yet. :bleh:

if only it were true. I was actually just about to run off and look it up on imdb.com until i realised what was going on lol

though talking of an X-com movie I think us x-com fans should make our own. i got dibs on playing X-com soldier#2 lol *wanders off to practice with a heavy plasma in one hand and a blaster launcher in the other*