Brigade E5 Goes Gold

baby arm

Strategy First just sent word today that Brigade E5, a squad-based tactical game from Apeiron, has gone gold and should be in stores soon.

Montreal, Canada, September 28th, 2006 -- Software publisher Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSTR), is pleased to announce that the PC game "Brigade E5: New Jagged Union," developed by Apeiron Co, has officially gone gold. "Brigade E5: New Jagged Union" is due to hit stores in North America October, 2006.

"'Brigade E5: New Jagged Union' offers our players a fresh view of a classical turn-based combat system. The Smart Pause Mode (SPM

BE51.jpg

BE52.jpg

BE53.jpg

Innovative combat system called "Smart Pause Mode" that blends together the elements of both RTS and TBS games.

I'm not usually fond of real-time with pause, but this one has some potential if you're looking for extremely detailed modern combat. And guns. Lots of guns. Keep your eyes out for a new demo coming soon.

Am I the only one that suspects this "innovative combat system" to be VERY alike to the SAS of UFO series? :D

Been tracking this game for quite a while now and i believe that this SPM actually works, not to mention that is propably the next step forward.

Yes the ufo was most likely the first to inovate but at the end of the day it was a let down. I only hope that Brigade will appeal to gamers despite being rough around the edges (graphics to be precise) so that we might see an improved second.

Of course there is always JA3 somewhere around the corner but it is a long way to that corner and the game's development has a lot in common to the DUKE NUKEM 3D story to take any announcement on face value any longer.

Been tracking this game for quite a while now and i believe that this SPM actually works, not to mention that is propably the next step forward.

Me too... Finally some news about this game. :)

Allow me to express myself: WEEHEE! :):D

This system is nice when you get used to it. Thing that I got love with in it, guns guns guns, lots of guns... and lots of parts to modify them. :)

Hopefully they have got ridden of bugs. But nevertheless, I'll be buying this one.

Innovative combat system called "Smart Pause Mode" that blends together the elements of both RTS and TBS games.

I'm not usually fond of real-time with pause, but this one has some potential if you're looking for extremely detailed modern combat. And guns. Lots of guns. Keep your eyes out for a new demo coming soon.

Am I the only one that suspects this "innovative combat system" to be VERY alike to the SAS of UFO series? :D

hi all

At first glance, from what i've seen in the old demo, the pause system is like others of his kind and has nothing extraordinary / innovative. It seems to be doing its job well, at least for what we need for a tactical game ... It makes me remember all the fun of (some of) the battles in Baldur"s gate & co which, correct me if i'm wrong, were a very good mix of RTS and TBS.

• 1 month later...
You should definitely get it. There's plenty of flaws (weak dialogue/translation, annoying sound, bland graphics), but the detailed combat and weaponry makes it very worthwhile.

Alrightythen. I'll order it then and hope that they don't mess it up (gamepushers with crappy ordering systems should have their website serious hacked till it's FUBAR).

Update: This order has been placed and should in the mail tomorrow. :D

Update 2: I got it and it is installed....So in the words of a certain governor: 'I'll be back!' with thoughts and possibly a review.

Edited by Crazy Gringo