UFO:Alien Invasion Beta 1 Released!

Slaughter

The team behind the UFO:Alien Invasion Sourceforge just released their first beta. UFO:Alien Invasion is being built on the Quake 2 engine, and takes it's inspiration from UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM: UFO: Defense). Keep in mind that a beta release will contain several bugs and lack quite a few features. Don't let that stop you however, as it is already amazing! You can get the 120 MB release from our files section.

screengrab1_s.jpg screengrab2.jpg screengrab3.jpg screengrab4.jpg

Please make sure you report any bug you encounter, and provide them with feedback. If you think you might be able to help with the development, sign on!

Thanks for the heads up Martin!

Well, I installed UFOAI and tried to run it only to get the error "GLimp_EndFrame() - SwapBuffers() failed! [OK]. :D

Now I'm waiting for a membership in their forum to be approved so that I can try to report it there.

I had no problem installing it and it ran very smooth for me. Of course, there's still a lot of missing descriptions and some nonfunctional buttons, but I expected that in a tech demo.

One of the guys at TC said it crashed on him once every mission or so. And 2 of his troops always showed up to the missions unarmed no matter what he equipped them with.

And 2 of his troops always showed up to the missions unarmed no matter what he equipped them with.

That'd probably be the equipment bug that's in the beta. The only equipment you can actually use on a mission is the equipment you get at the start of the game. Stuff you buy or find on the battlefield will disappear on mission start.