IR fix

Preda

I would like to demonstrate a rather annoying bug with the IR vision sistem. I call upon 2 pictures as my witnesses/proof:

Explosion in infrared (by Crazy Gringo)

and

https://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ivmode25ay.jpg (by P_Riley_UK)

As anyone can see, the second picture is different from the first in the way that everything is hot, and, while they do not show the same scene, they very much show what I mean: no matter what I do, where I am or whom I shoot, the amp is always super-heated in Infra-vision. Gringo's picture shows what I regard as 'normal' for the IR vision sistem: most things cold, so that people stand out.

I would like someone to fix this bug (if possible). I am almost certain that this issue depends on the configuration of the game. Someone should 'explore' the game files, locate the faulty code line and either fix it by making a program like AgilDexFix, tell us how to fix it or simply tell us what's wrong so that we may tell Altar about this.

If a saved game is required for this, I will gladly post it here.

PS: there seems to be something wrong with my night-vision as well: it's too bright, but I don't have anything to compare it with.

Preda, it would be best to actually state the driver version than saying "latest" since the latest drivers now are old the next month.

Anyway, as you can see, you all have different combinations of hardware/driver from eachother. What I'm getting at is: even if it's possible to "fix" this via modding, it will only work well for some but not all, leading for multiple versions of such a mod to accomodate everyone's machine's specs.

While I'm not saying you should give up either, you should be ready to face a problem that might require multiple solutions depending of certain conditions, being mainly the graphic card hardware and associated drivers.

Even though my card (Radeon X800 PRO) is a powerful card,it HAS been plagued before by graphical glitches in some games.I think its a general issue with most ATI cards.The new patches NORMALLY address these minor issues,except in this case.

The IV bug?I believe should be looked into,and hopefully the next patch MAY cure it.

Preda,I am using the drivers before 5.11.

I installed 5.11 the other day and they seemed to cause a graphical glitch in my game,I noticed that all the basic clothing on the troops changed into an awful multi coloured mess.So,I went back to the previous drivers and the clothing was normal again.So,I can only assume that 5.11 is not compatible with my card,or I am lacking a supporting program :)

When you installed them did you install the new Control Centre,or the old Conrol Panel?I installed the Control Panel,and I DONT have Microsofts' .Net framework either,do you?Maybe that is the problem,as it DOES state that this is needed. *sigh*

Hi Preda, I'm also running on a 9600 and mine is working fine.

I can only assume that the problem lies in your driver configurations or the game setting.

First off, I know everyone says it, check that you have the latest driver and DX9c installed.

My 9600 is running fine on Novembers Catalyst drivers.

The second thing to do, since the special veiws are tightly integrated with the Shaders, would be to fiddle around with your shader setting both ingame and directly with DirectX.

I would suggest setting the shaders to max in both and see if you still get the problem.

Beyond that there is nothing I can think of that could resolve the problem, beyond a full system driver clean that is.

Even though my card (Radeon X800 PRO) is a powerful card,it HAS been plagued before by graphical glitches in some games.I think its a general issue with most ATI cards.The new patches NORMALLY address these minor issues,except in this case.

The IV bug?I believe should be looked into,and hopefully the next patch MAY cure it.

That's usually a sign of residual old drivers. ATi catalyst drivers have been getting better for years, and they're usually pretty decent. However, they are very sensitive to residual driver components from previous driver installations. You need to make sure you totally rip apart the old installation and remove it.

In any case, 5.12 is probably due out soon.