Post your screenshots here *SPOILERS*

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really expected some comments on that myrmecol pic I posted :(

Okay, Preda...

I haven't so much of a theory just an observation.

You wrote that there were three Astroids/space ships.

I noticed one more today when I went back to look at the picture. It's in the background of the picture to the left of the warning message. ;)

4 ships in total....Maybe one for each of the alien races?

But where does the humans fit into all of this (I haven't completed the game yet so I'm just wondering here)?

One Question though...Just how many ships/astroids did you blow up during the course of your game, Preda?

I really expected some comments on that myrmecol pic I posted :(

I'm getting close to finishing the game, but until then I don't really have much to say. Might be that this requires a separate thread, as quite a few people that aren't too interested in screens probably just skip this topic.

You wrote that there were three Astroids/space ships.

I noticed one more today when I went back to look at the picture. It's in the background of the picture to the left of the warning message. :(

4 ships in total....Maybe one for each of the alien races?

But where does the humans fit into all of this (I haven't completed the game yet so I'm just wondering here)?

One Question though...Just how many ships/astroids did you blow up during the course of your game, Preda?

I did saw the 4th one, but never bothered adding an edit. Technically, you only 'blow up' one (you'll see they're called 'myrmecols' later on). The second on (the one used by Starghosts) is quite a mystery... I suppose that it leaves the Sol System after the last mission (you'll also see why).The Reticulans come to Earth in a ship of their own making, so the 3rd and the 4th are a complete mystery. I suppose that Altar was going to put 2 more races in, and gave each their own myrmecol, but dumped the idea in the end, and remained with 3. This would qualify the pic as unreleased beta/alpha material. Or MAYBE it has something to do with losing the game. I was planning to ask this: What happens in each game (AM and AS) if you lose the campaign? An answer to this question would shed more light over many things.

One more thing: Gringo, when you last reported, you said you were about to attack the Wargot ship. Did you? Where are you?

One more thing: Gringo, when you last reported, you said you were about to attack the Wargot ship. Did you? Where are you?

I've been busy with various like work, the normalities of life, playing other games and updating the rebalance weapon mod which might change my choices of weapons to bring along. So I'm just started with the assault. And have a saved game just before the assault so....I'll get on with it to night. :(

REPORT UPDATE: 23.12.05

Before I got on with the big bad mothership I had to field test my new toys the flamethrower and the warp pistols :( To my great pleasure.

Succesful Field Test

Have any of you flamethrower loving gringos out there experienced that a dead body keeps burning after being killed my a flamethrower 'shot' as seen in my picture?

And so it began....The total destruction of:

The Big Bad Mothership

My first contact on the mothership was a group of five Wargots in which one was in a power armor.

First Contact on the Mothership

The encounter would have gone serious sour if it hadn't been for Mag's dual Warp Pistol(note the damage in the event display +2K worth of damage per hit) :(

I also tried something new....A sniper with Warp rifle support. Which took care of the Wargots in the next shot.

A Wargot named Bruce

It's is not the Aussies Bruce but the Hollywood Bruce. I guess Wargots can kick it.. ;)

I'll get back to the big bad mothership.....Later dudes and dudettes....

*Enters the room with two :( guards at his side*

HOLD EVERYTHING!

Warp pistols are reticulan, but FLAMERS??? WhatTF, WhereTF. There's no starghosts before the mothership=> no Sg Hover=> no human warp guns! I demand an explanation!

Oh, and about the wargots: Here's my sqad of 7 pummeling a power armour good, on MEDIUM difficulty. That hydraulic-riding creep fell in a truly artistic position. I can't beleive how tough these people are. I've already lost 3 men to 'em. Wargots=death, especially with rocket launchers or miniguns.

https://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3770/screenshot123jm.th.jpg

*Enters the room with two :( guards at his side*

HOLD EVERYTHING!

Warp pistols are reticulan, but FLAMERS??? WhatTF, WhereTF. There's no starghosts before the mothership=> no Sg Hover=> no human warp guns! I demand an explanation!

Oh, and about the wargots: Here's my sqad of 7 pummeling a power armour good, on MEDIUM difficulty. That hydraulic-riding creep fell in a truly artistic position. I can't beleive how tough these people are. I've already lost 3 men to 'em. Wargots=death, especially with rocket launchers or miniguns.

*Quickly puts on his tinfoil cap to avoid being mindcontrolled*

As Guijay says....It's in Rebalance Weapon Mod, Preda. And if you wait long enough they(the SG's) will come and bring the offering of Warp technology.

As for the Wargots/Wardorks....I see that you're using conventional weaponry against that Power armor. They should go down a bit more easy with energy weaponry if you have any....Otherwise keep hitting that bugger with everything you got preferably AP ammo.

The downside to all of this modding is that my game has gotten pretty FUBAR. ;)

So I have restarted it and will claw my way through it just for the fun of it.

They're hard? I never really had any -real- troubles with them. Sure, they shot me a grenade or two now and then, but never did they kill anyone.

Because, unlike the cultists, they don't have any psionics to panic your guys, they don't have any snipers to kills you from farther than you can see, they don't have kamikaze cyborgs that throw a missile at point blank range.

They have power armor and extremely innacurate plasma guns.

Just load your guys with AP ammo and assault rifles, burst fire them from a distance, they'll fall and they won't even be able to get a hit on you (maybe one if they get lucky)

As stated in a previous post I have restarted my game.... ;)

But I found a picture from my old game showing what a warp rifle CAN(mind the caps) do.

Warping Damage

One of the reasons that I restarted my game was that I completely bypasses everything Psionic and Cyborg. Which I realize now was wrong.... :(

Another thing is now I actually have to use infantry combat tactic to get through the missions without making my troops taking the eternal dirtnap.

And yes I have the Weapon Rebalance Mod and Advanced Assault Mods active in my game.

Now if I had to survive in an alien hostile world where I had the worst possible weaponry I would do as the late Eddie Guerrero said: "I cheat! I steal! I lie" (If misquoted please do let me know) :(

Which I did under one of the human assist attack missions....I cheated and killed some the human soldiers I was supposed to help and stole their shiny weapons and I lied to the human chieftain and won the mission. :(

I do know that somebody will consider that cheating and exploiting the games poor AI....But it's thinking outside of that little box that the programmers made. If they wouldn't like you to think the cheating way they would have made the humans turn hostile and mop the floor with my underarmored and outgunned troops.

Enough of that....

My tactic for the new game is 4 squads consisting of 4 squaddies for the time being. That way I don't have to consider removing a squaddie when I get those 'bring one back alive'-missions.

One squad consists of 2 humans, 1 psionic and one Cyborg as seen in this picture.

Going tactical

How the individual squaddie evolves through the game will determine some new squad configs....

This next one shows an actual kill :( with a grenade.

A Fragmented Death

Grenade throwing....A subject that really deserves a debate....I beg to differ that it takes two seconds to throw a grenade after you, the gamer, carefully have spend some time trying to find the right spot where to throw it. Then the squaddie with the grenade spends another two seconds trying to throw it at the designated spot. Where in the mean time the target(s) have left the blast radius.

On the other hand it shows how hard it is to get a correct grenade throw as in real life. An enemy does not stop and look as the implement of it's horrible death come flying and lands right between it's legs and goes KABOOM.

About the Wargots/Wardorks/Wargugs....They are much more of a bother with the Weapon Rebalance Mod now....Better Armor and better weaponry....So it is no longer load up with AP against the more heavily armored Wargots/Wardorks/Wargugs....You have to use a combo of AP loaded weapons and energy weapons against them....Either in concenctrated fire and hope for some criticals to knock them down or in aimed sniper fire for the head or other body parts.

Dual MPs may look cool in taking them down and is doable on the 'lesser armored' one....But try to take down a Wargot with a 93% resistence to conventional weaponry with a pair of dual MPs....It will laugh at your brave but stupid trooper and teach him a lesson in pain.

So long and thanks for all the fish....Till next time

I don't know about Eddie Whatshisname, but in Tom and Jerry the movie, the phrase was "LIE! CHEAT! STEAL" (forget the exclamations, I only wanted to underline the order)

"I lie, I cheat, I steal" is the right quote according to Wikiquote....My bad. :( Even If I did do I three things....

Eddie Whatshisname(Guerrero) used to be a 'professional' wrestler in the WWE until his untimely death last month, Preda....Guess you don't have an interest in wrestling....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little news update from my imagehosting service for all you.

They will be preforming some needed tweaking and cleaning on their servers and will be down for the next 3-4 days.

So hang in there and my images will be back soon....

UPDATE 22.01.06:

Well the image are back online but their links are broken :lovetammy:

They should be fixed now. If any of them are broken please do let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

*Coughs a little due to the dust in the screen shot section*

Not much has been posted here in a long time....

But that is about to change....

I have finally got around to playing UFO Aftershock again with Christmas and the new year celebration over and done with. :lovetammy:

I haven't met any of the major players (cultists and so on) in the game or gotten the infamous countdown yet so I just run around killing mutants and reticulans for now.

But on with the screenshots.... ;)

Mutant Carnage

I guess the picture says it all....LOTS of dead mutantos. All done my faithful four man squad.

The picture is from a two part mission so the carnage continued down below

Underground Mutant Carnage 1

Underground Mutant Carnage 2

Next up a little screenshot for you tacticians out there.

Firing Line

The next one is some shots from an incident on a mission where a recticulan made two of my squaddies down for the count. Total respect for that.

Super Fly Reticulan.

Alas all good things must come to an end. And so the reticulan met his end from what I call a problem solver: The sniper rifle.

Super Fly Reticulans Demise

And talking about demises. Here is a flatster who went down in a blaze of glory. :cheer:

A Flatsters Demise

I do hate the flatsters so it was with great satisfaction to equip my sqauddies with flatsterprods and bash them into the eternal dirtnaps.

Flatster Bashing

I guess that his reticulan heard the fat lady sing and decided to join her.

Reticulan Opera

In accordance with Air Wargot and Air Morelman I now proudly present AIR RETICULAN(mind the caps) even if there are some older pictures of airborne reticulans.

Lowflying Air Reticulan

This reticulan flew spinning toward the doorway from where the shooter (D Rummer) shoot it through and stopped when it hit the door frame. How is that physics for ya.

Air Reticulan has landed

Until next time....

• 2 weeks later...

Huh? :cool: Noone is posting screen shots anymore?!?

Oh well! I'll just these ones in then....

Awhile back Preda posted an image much like this one:

GAME OVER!

I can now tell you that the image is from the end game screen if the Laputa is lost...As it clearly states in the image.

Enough with the chatter and on with the show....So here are some of my mission shots. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Dead Cultists

Taking the high ground

Alien Mince Meat

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Tola Treekiller

Flatster Mince Meat

Shorted Out

Morelman slipping in a banana

Jogging Alien

Fallen Jogging Alien

Those alien weapons are slippery

Yet another slippery alien weapon

Where did the earth go

Aliens can fly

Those rocketfiring Aliens....

Until next time....

• 2 weeks later...
What i found most effective against wargots are Primarily laser weapons (i dont know how effective warp or plasma weapons are against them, as i am not up to them yet). The average damage i hit with laser weapons (ie laser sniper rifles) on wargot soldiers (not those in powerarmour) are about 200-300 (thats with my soldiers having heroic and superheroic performance with rifles though), with 400 criticals. Also, the L115A1 Sniper rifle is extremely effective against even the wargots in powerarmour (i dont know if the Barrett is any good against them, as i hate having to make my sniper prone in order to attack). I will try to include screenshots to back up my claim.

• 1 month later...

It has been awhile since I last played UFO Aftershock due to a lot of things....Mainly waiting for the weapon models to be implemented in Shadowarriors Weapons Rebalance Mod.

But after digging through my harddrives (spring cleaning) I came across some old screenshots which I am posting a few of.

They tell a little story of an assault on an Cultist base on the fringes of the Biomass.

https://thumb19.webshots.com/t/56/156/6/12/83/2612612830028687379mDiCfc_th.jpg

https://thumb19.webshots.com/t/57/157/7/63/39/2121763390028687379ZWTUdX_th.jpg

https://thumb19.webshots.com/t/50/150/8/39/34/2483839340028687379KNcmig_th.jpg

https://thumb19.webshots.com/t/52/152/1/38/80/2812138800028687379ZBhvPy_th.jpg

https://thumb19.webshots.com/t/50/150/6/90/85/2422690850028687379SIvqzW_th.jpg