XCom: The Movie!

The Veteran

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrm....interesting site imust say...but all you really need to do is use "view source" and "select all" to see where the flash images were...and what is the /guides/ bit?

edit: btw, next time try to put the forum in a less conspicuous folder...i got there just by typing in the url without even going through all that mess once i found out there was a forum...

edit edit: what the heck does "use still people stuff old" mean? or is it "old stuff people use"?

Edited by Ki-tat Chung

• 5 weeks later...

Poc, why dont you create a 3D animated movie?

It would require you to have knowledge of this, but you can also recruit ppl from all over the world experienced with the tools of the trade.

Then the next thing you would need are voice actors and sound/music artists.

Maybe some little funding too, but that's all.

If you agree, count me in :)

I've been told that I make a really good actor by a lot of people. But sadly I don't really possess the right build for an X-COM soldier, which seems to be what the movie is more focused on. 3D animation does sound like a good idea, because then you could save money and recycle voice actors... like me maybe! :)

Kitat's link (above) came out wrong, the bracket got tagged as part of the link, click on https://www.members.optusnet.com.au/kitatchung/error404/ to see the rudeness of which he speaks. The page title uses a four-letter word, anyway.

Regarding animators, there is an interesting site (promoted by Gamespy) at https://www.machinima.com/ which simply put, promotes filmmaking through 3D puppeteering rather than 3D animation.

Once you have the X-COM character models, you just need to animate them in response to keyboard input (for instance), and an environment, and a means of recording a session. And a puppeteer to bang on the keyboard to move the model at the appropriate time.

Could be much faster.

JFG

• 3 months later...