XCom: The Movie!

The Veteran

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me start off by apologizing for my recent extended leave of absence. School and other things have taken my time.

Personally, I think it would work far better as a TV series. But let's try to keep it out of the public eye for the moment, make sure that nobody wants to make an X-COM movie or series. After all, there's the great risk that if it is made, it could be made by Uwe Boll. So we should wait until he's dead before it gets made.

I disagree with the TV series thing, in all honesty I think TV series are almost judged more harshly than movies. Most TV shows get canned quicker than you can say hot potato. But movies... well, we know what real "winners" get the spotlight sometimes.

As for keeping it out of the public eye for the moment, I agree wholeheartedly. I am not about to let some buffoon like Paul Anderson (of Alien vs. Predator fame) ruin our most cherished dream. If it is going to be done, it must be done right.

To be honest, i don't think any serious movie producer will even consider X-com. The fanbase is limited, and it will be looked at as another sta trek/star wars rip. the public has had a fair share of scifi these few years.

The public sure has had a lot of Sci-Fi lately, but has anyone else noticed the recent lull in good movies as well? For the first time in a long time, I looked online at the movie theater near me, and there was not one single movie I wanted to see. It sucks.

I think the key to making the X-COM movie is to make it serious, and as completely believable as possible. No nonsense and cartoony bullsh*t. It should be about elite squads and a secret fight against a secret evil. It should be set in 1999, and everything should be covert, so it's like, this did happen guys, and it's over, we just never knew about it. With revolutionary new special effects and sound effects, I think it could be easily done. The story has to be right though. It's such a tough call, but I don't want to give up on this.

I need to keep writing my freakin' fic.