XCom: The Movie!

The Veteran

POSTPONEDEDEDED

To our dear and true fans,

The project that was the X-COM MOVIE has hit a rather severe snag that has hampered the production of the Film and has put it on Hiatus. We would would like encourage anyone out there with any film experience to pick up the project. The film can be done independently, but not by us, we lack too many important resources to continue such a project. Again we would like to encourage any Independent film makers out there to pick up where we left off. And bring the dream of a X-COM Movie to life.

We may release what we did get done in the future, but only time will tell.

We thank all of you from the bottom of our X-COM hearts for your support, you guys are so awesome.

One day a X-COM MOVIE WILL HAPPEN!

by somebody..... =]

Much Love

-[POC]TheSainT

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well see what we can come up with

I have a folder with some concept art and what-not

but as far as a script goes, its in alot of pieces, the script never really formed. The preview was scripted but, the actual movie storyline was alot of ideas some that got wrote down and that some that wasnt.

The intro for the movie was going to be beautiful and very artisy with lighting and angles and alot of work with shadows. It was going to start out with the a living room spinning around and you would see a childs arm come up with a toy f-18 and then bring up a toy UFO (everyone did this as a kid) (and maye throw up the title in the lower left corner here) and have it suddenly stop and the child would look at the doorway and see a alien shadow that turns out to be his father walking in (lighting stuff) and the Dad would pick him up.

Then It was going to follow the Father that left from home to goto work, with his young son "going to kill all the aliens" in the kicthen and holding onto his mommies dress. The TV in the background would be talking about the First Contact. Father would goto work (make a reference to flight of navagator here, with a car driving, and you look and see a ufo that turns out to be a water tower), run into a traffic jam, decide to return home and find his wife and son dead. Because a Terror Attack was in progress, thus the reason for the traffic jam. And do a transition of his eyes into the future when he's sitting in a Skyranger ready for deployment. And then do a D-Day reference there just for kicks like, "30 seconds!" The movie was going to follow several agents and give some good background to why they join or was recuited by x-com.

Then with some good old x-com action scenes

The aliens were going to be horribly mysterious, again alot of shadow work and lighting tricks. We were going to make the sectiod very timid and have the mutons not have a care in the world to walk around in the open. There was going to be a fist fight with a muton at somepoint in the movie. Also there was talk of a ET Reference here and do a halloween terror attack and the muton walks up behind bunch of kids follow them door to door and get candy. Cause see, we were going to make the Muton very bold and strong, but yet very child like. Cause when ever the muton's master weren't around mutons would just wander off. (there was even talk of a running gag of having a muton steal a car and drive it, and make some references of it on TV and in newspapers) (There was going to be a good comic element in the movie that was for sure, you were going to be scared to death and also get some good laughes in)

We were going to devlop a x-com agent that was really dumb and the aliens couldn't psi-attack him LOL. You would find out the scienctist had a terrible time interagating the aliens because of the psi-ablities. (They kept mind controling the scientist that got near) (Also other fun note, the aliens in contantment gave everyone in close proximity in the base a severe head ache because of the psi-stuff.) (also, learning how to stun aliens was going to be a fun experince, You got to see X-COM devlop alot of it tatics in the movie) So this dumb x-com agent becomes the only guy to be able to interagate the aliens, so guy picks up the sectiod by the shoulders and yells at him and the sectiod touches the guys head and tells him in his mind the aliens know where the x-com base is and their coming to take it out (the climax) (yeah yeah, Independence Day, But hey, it happens in the game!)

And how was X-COM going to shoot down a battleship with just two interceptors? Well, I cant tell you that now can I? =]

But we'll see if we can put together a press packet on some of the pics and some of the decent film clips. But Im not going to set a release date as of yet.

***Off topic

This thread has been somewhat shortened of posts. For those of you who don't know what happened, go back to your posting.

I know I seem to make up a lot of rules as I go along, but running a website isn't something that can be done by the rules you think you'll need to lay down when you start out.

I'm not covering anything up apart from a lot of opinions here by deleting posts. I've left the informative parts in for the people who want the information and taken out the bits where people have gone down their own roads and stated opinions which have sparked up a bit of a virtual fistfight.

It's my experience that this generally annoys both sides as they both tend to feel oppressed. Tough luck.

For future reference, could all parties who have a really strong opinion that may offend others take it up with the staff (if you're staff, with me) or the person involved (via PM) where applicable.

Obviously the above sounds like utter nonsense, and in effect it is. Ignore it. Use common sense.

Remember these are family forums. People of all ages are here. People of all mental ages are here. I myself have a mental age of three when it comes to talking to women. At other times I generally have a mental age that is only a few years behind my actual age. When I get here I feel old.

Try not to swear or annoy ech other too much. Instead of responding to other people in a matter that may inflame the situation further, take up the issue with a staff member, or again if you're staff, with me. The staff are not here to pick sides, point fingers or gun people down.

Erm. Bye *ducks*

• 1 month later...

I hate to restart this thread, but just wanted to let you know that the X-COM movie project has been taken over by another enitiy that Im a part of...

Some of you might find it interesting... Its going to take a while before anyone knows whats going to happen...

But take it for what its worth

https://www.whoisjohnnebthos.com

All I can say is... support the John Nebthos Project they might bring the X-COM movie back to life... but right nows it a long shot...

heres hoping

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The movie was probably a project of Poc's and his friends' during the summer or something, just to pass the time. They've probably just lost interest. X-COM has been pretty dead lately... maybe I'll post my two new fanfic chapters before the other one is complete just to spice things up...

• 3 weeks later...

Then, could you explain how supporting the John Nebthos website will increase our chances in getting an X-COM movie? It doesn't look like there's anywhere to petition for it.

Also... How exactly DO I support John Nebthos? I have a hard enough time finding the forum, let alone the rest of the site.

Um... Yeah I know all that stuff. But the only page that even so much as mentions "Enemy Unknown the Movie" is the movie page, and it's only one sentence. Maybe if it were posted right up front where people could see it and say:

"Hey, check it out. If I figure out who the hell this guy is they'll make a movie based on X-COM. Great"

Instead it takes a headache of a search just to locate the page that sends you to the page where it is mentioned. An unwise advertising method I'm afraid.

Also, I don't see where the site gets it's funding. Which raises the question "how" will they make this movie? And I repeat, "How do I support JNP to get them to make it?"

First off

Where in the world did you get that absolutely wonder avatar??? strongbob?

Anywho...

Yeah I suppose should clairify a bit on the JNP's position on The X-COM movie...

its buried deep into the site for a reason... Because the movie is on the back-burner as for the moment. Again I greatly encourage you fine X-COM people to make your own home X-COM movies... perhaps it can be a group of film makers shooting small and short independent films based on it and around it to keep interest up??? sounds interesting to me...

I also suppose its safe to announce this as well

But the "JNP" is short for The John Nebthos Project... its a band I'm in... Friends from the X-COM project are involed and two members from the x-com project, myself and my friend Devin are in the band. We have a student film maker by the name of Jon Recher whos moving out to LA to start his career... And we plan to get back in touch with him in the next couple of years and see where he's at... hopefully continue the X-COM project

Yes, its going to be a long progress...

But believe it or not were still working on the X-COM project

The band is currentlly and quite literally living and working in a live studio and video production center for the next 6 months. So resources during this time period could be aquired for the X-COM project... More testing and scripting could and should be done during this time period... So theres about a 2 year look into the future... God only knows what will happen...

As far as supporting the JNP...

Im going to be completely honest... If you support the band... you indirectly support the movie... via buying JNP albums and merch... which should be out in the next couple of months... Yes... We very abitious about the band and still abitious about the X-COM project despite recent failures... =/ But we carry on... Its just the movie cant be carried out at this time...

The band has been something we've wanted to do for a long time and now we have the chance to do it... So we gotta get it out of our system... I hope you all understand...

=WARNING SPAM ALERT!

So please support your local JNP... Check out the website, PLEASE join the forum and mailing list... The JNP is more than a band, we actually have several projects in the works... including some short classic horror movies, a open source online perpertual motion device, a novel in the works, the website itself, because its turned into a project in itself!!! and not to forget the X-COM project further down the line... yes we are a abitious bunch... and we dont know when to stop... We also have band blogs so you can check out progress on the JNP. So do check out the site, theres something neat going on over there...

=SPAM OVER

I hope came out the right way, and we dont start anymore flame wars... I'll be around the next couple of days to answer any question and concerns...

Vague as Always,

[POC]TheSainT

www.whoisjohnnebthos.com