Feedback on StrategyCore

Slaughter

@Zombie:

It's really 'small potatoes'. But thanks for noticing :)

::

@Azrael Strife:

You're probably right about the CSS. I'm, thinking a:hover, a:active, and the likes. Interestingly, the behaviour is different if you move your mouse from above (then keep on slowly down, for yet another twist) instead of from below.

These boards are full of secrets... :D

@Azrael Strife:

You're probably right about the CSS. I'm, thinking a:hover, a:active, and the likes. Interestingly, the behaviour is different if you move your mouse from above (then keep on slowly down, for yet another twist) instead of from below.

These boards are full of secrets... :D

Not really strange; notice the name box is resized upwards, so when the mouse pointer enters from above and the box is resized, the pointer is still ON the name box so the hover condition is still met and the box stays put. When it's coming from below, however, the box resizes, when it resizes it comes out of contact with the mouse pointer, by being out of contact the hover condition is no longer met and the box resizes again downwards, coming in contact with the pointer again meeting the hover condition and resizes again and so and so :)

• 2 years later...

I'm on IE8, Window's Vista Home. The forums seem to be suffering from something akin to scrolling through a page full of big images on a machine that can't really handle it; IE you try to scroll down and there's a noticable amount of delay followed by a jerky scroll motion.

I'm not really sure WHY I'm having this issue as I'm able to handle pretty much any other image site without issue once it's done loading (See also: ICHC). Lemme know if I can do some tweaking on my end to help narrow it down. No luck yet.

Slowing in what way? What browser are you using, which version and what screen resolution are you viewing on?

Slow scrolling, as if I had no graphic driver installed.

WinXP32b, 4Go, ATI Radeon HD4770 512Mo, 1280x1024, Firefox 3.57

For what it's worth;

XP Pro SP2 32-bit, FireFox 3.5.6

System Model: MS-7309

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 1984MB RAM

Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405

Works fine at 1280x1024 (though I usually run at 1024x768).

Just to confirm, does it do tuis on posts with no screenshots in too? I'm aware that the AAR threads jump around a bit because the images resize after the page is fully loaded - you guys getting this on pages like the forum index too?

Also, do you get the same issue on the main site? The homepage would be a good test . Click on our logo at the top left to get there.

Okay, try it now - I've made a frew tweaks to the following areas:

• Member bar doesn't scroll with the page any more
  • Forum styles should be cached so it's not loading a massive file every page load

Let me know if that does anything - the first page load will probably still be slow as your browser reloads the new stylesheet.

Just to confirm, does it do this on posts with no screenshots in too? - you guys getting this on pages like the forum index too?

Yes.

Also, do you get the same issue on the main site? The homepage would be a good test . Click on our logo at the top left to get there.

That's better on the homepage, but there's still a lag.

Okay, try it now - I've made a frew tweaks to the following areas:

• Member bar doesn't scroll with the page any more
  • Forum styles should be cached so it's not loading a massive file every page load

Let me know if that does anything

Nope, maybe better, but still slow. Then that was not for the member bar as I thought to be.

Yeah, it's still here for me. I've not had any luck with changing thing on my end, (and I'm at work on a battery right now so it's worse weeee), but it's not any WORSE if that's any comfort. xD

The homepage seems to suffer from the same thing, but until I get off this afternoon I can't really give an accurate assessment. Sorry.