Why multiple-shooting?

You can join a group of soldiers to move together (that is good if you have to move them in real time) but why will I want to join them to shoot at the same time to the same target? any benefits apart the hong kong movie style massacre?

The only bonus I can see is that you can fire with two or more units without any reactions between one and another fire (as it is simultaneus).

Another question, does the AI group units to act at the same time?

the only time i have done it is to cut holes in walls and then it is just to save time. it can also be used to target groups of soldiers at range with more people shooting at the same time you seem to get a better spread and kill/hurt more of the group (best with 2 HMG) apart from that the only benifit is as you say it stops interrupts between shots (usful for those situations where you have to get the kill on the first go)

...it stops interrupts between shots (usful for those situations where you have to get the kill on the first go)
Yup, that's why I use it.

You don't usually need to worry about interupts until Hard or Impossible, but then it makes it very useful to ensure the enemy gets no chance to fire back.

No, if both snipers hit, it'll kill that enemy. (Both hiding, and one shot from a sniper isn't strong enough to kill that bastard) It seemed like that enemy always interupts after one sniper make the shot (Hence killing one of my snipers). So I made them shoot together, but always, one *will* miss, no matter what.

Computer is cheating!!! Anyway, that was my previous game... my snipers got wiped out and I had to change my team.