Punished for shooting civilians...

Oddball_E8

I think this is a really realistic game... so... as happened in the gulf war... who cares for civilians, children, animals or press workers? :lol:

La verdad es que no tiene puta la gracia... en España nos tomamos muy a pecho las muertes NUESTRAS que ha habido y a mi personalmente me jode la postura del gobierno estadounidense con respecto a los daños colaterales.

I was attacked by a mob of red civilians in a random encounter in Hannover in the Allied campaign. The combat wouldn't end unless I killed them all, and kept restarting anytime I encountered more. Plus, the console gave me medal points for killing them. Very weird. There's something not normal about those "civilians", such as the fact that they attack you with silenced pistols sometimes. Maybe they're enemy spies and guerrillas?

Oh, well. Can't go wrong with an "Everything red is dead" policy.

I was just killing the civvies for fun (they didn't attack, and they also showed up as allies). Damned if it wasn't worth it when I got that silenced Welrod! :P Even though my custom scout had a familiarity of 5 with her silenced Nagant pistol, I dropped it immediately for the Welrod. :)

As far as those civvies attacking you, I would too were I in their shoes and some bunch of heavily armed assholes just wasted my town. :)

I'd have to say this is not a terribly smart survival tactic when dealing with heavily armed assholes that have just wasted the town. And why do they have silenced pistols, anyway? Normal people don't carry around silenced pistols. They must be guerrillas or terrorists or something.

Bad context, on my part. I was referring more to the civvies that run at you and beat the shit out of you. I actually had an embarassing moment when a civvie managed to kick (literally) the shit out of my main (heavily injured) character after he missed said cvvie with a burst from his SMG. o_O

As for not being smart. No, not smart, but I figure they're really gung-ho about their homes. And they probably figure they're going to get wasted anyways, so they might as well go down fighting. That's how I've chosen to see it, anyhow. :P

Actually, they were straight civilians - I had to manually attack (as opposed to "point'n'shoot"), and they didn't do anything offensive. (I think one managed to set off a booby-trapped window in one run-through. Otherwise, they ran around, made noise, opened doors and windows, and all in all got in the way. Oh, and revealed my position. Guess they were comitting suicide. <EG>)

The only thing I can think of is that they were either *supposed* to go hostile sometime (altho they never did, even if I didn't kill 'em) or they were accidentally equipped in development. (Maybe they just picked 'em up, klepto or something, but I've not seen any *other* civilian looting.)

Mebbe we need a "restraint" mod, where we can handcuff or tie people to the scenery? (And *then* blow up the joint, yeah! <heheheh>)

Hey, Karnaaj, you're a madman :lol:

But i noticed too that the civ's can reveal you and ruin every attempt to sneak. Can't imagine that though: I'm here to rescue those poor people, and they scream an shout "Mr Bad-guy, look, there's a man looking like a plant with this funny metal-and-wood-stick pointed right at your head!".

They even followed my mainchar. Looked pretty funny: My sniper crouching in the bushes, accompanied by three chrouching civilians, which occasionally got hit by the brits. :lol: :lol:

But I never killed one myself ... I'm too nice for war :P

Yamagata