TFTD on New Computer?

Rv52

I have tried dosbox already, and i got a bunch of errors when i tried to play it. It told me a couple files were missing.although i looked through the directory and they weren't. And now its not going to work on the 486? its too slow? the game says it only needs a 386. And it seems to me its a different problem anyways.

-|)

ya, its default. I just load dosbox, and enter commands liek this

Z:\mount c c:\

Z:\ c:\

c:\cd MPS

c:\MPS\cd tftd

c:\MPS\TFTD\terror

(there are a couple program files and one gives me the above problem, the other one upon loading, goes through a list of files it cant find, and through my searching in the directeries dont even exist. So I'm guessing thats a problem, its a bunch a files in a folder(which i dont have) geoscape, and geostat or sumthin.and then the program loads in a bunch of neon colors, and scrambled text.

ok.. sounds like you have a cdrom version installed and have not mounted it in dosbox.

just to verrify

in the tftd direcotry do you have 'terror.com' or 'terror.bat'

do you also have a terrocd.bat?

you have two choices. one is to copy the cd files to the hard drive (and remove the read only atribute) or mount the cd in dosbox to the same drive letter that was used to install from. (usualy the same drive letter it is in windows)

if that is d: then the command is: "mount d d:\ -t cdrom"

also on the default settings you will probably find the game runs way to slow. check out the dosbox readme.txt on how to setup a resorce intensive game.

-Blade FireLight

Incase some one else has this problem. this was the solution.

This is for the DOS CDrom version of TFTD

copy entire cd to the hard drive.

start up DosBox, mount the hard drive with the game to c:,

go to the game direcory and run setup, configure the sound card to sound blaster with default settings.

then run cdspeed to enable movies

start the game using terrorcd.

use CTRL+F12 to adjust the speed.

the game was then patch by unziping this file and overwriteing the existing files

TFTD 2.1 (beta)

-Blade FireLight

Topic moved to support form

• 2 months later...