How to handle useless troops?

Brianrts

How are you guys handling useless recruits? I just got my 4th person who is really useless with 3 poor rating and 2 average.. Id use her as a medic/grendider but she cant hold anything before her speed goes to poor... are you guys dimissing troops or using them as cannon fodder?

i alwase noticed troops seem limited to the number of bases you have. i almost never dismiss troops with poor ratings unless they have no good wep skills atall. cause rember jsut cause their poor somewere doesnt meen they such(normaly they have a couple of mega high rates also) no wep skills then i just dismiss them and a new one will come soon.

When you have a full compliment of troops maybe you can go round dismissing them. but when you only have 4 and 1 is in hospital, you accept monkeys that can fire a gun.

In my last nail biting base siege, my lousy can't move hardly at all person. who as her speed was so lousy was carrying a lot of crap. was kinda backup. the base was full of morelmen with long range rifles, and my men only had uzi's having used all their grenades to get to the base in the first place. So even though she was slow. She made a positive effort to clear the base by making sure no aliens came up from behind and also giving that extra bit of fire power to take down aliens quick.

I keep everyone.

When I have more than 7 troops the other(s) go in training. I then cycle out my "elite" troops to give the other guys some experience. Anyone not on a mission is in training.

As a result of this, instead of having some crack troops and some liabilities, all of my troops are elite and well trained.

Have you guys found any use of two rescued grays??

They have excellent and heroic psi-power (after the training) but they can't wear armour. :rolleyes:

When you arrive from tough mission (russian base infltration for example) it's good to have some spare troops because all best troops are at hospital.